💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Adele '25' US sales discussion - reached 3M+

Haroon

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple
6 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

Wow! She's amazing! I'm really hoping for 4M first week sales! 

That is impossible though

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Adele with three albums in the top 15. Pentatonix with two albums in the top 30. Looks like people are finally buying true vocalists.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

10 minutes ago, CurlyBae said:

That is impossible though

For the US, yes. Worldwide, It seems possible.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Fiona Apple
14 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

For the US, yes. Worldwide, It seems possible.

Worldwide it will probably sell more than 5-6m lol

Katsuki Bakugo

its good to see that 2.5 million people have taste. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

PlasticHo
33 minutes ago, just4fun said:

Adele with three albums in the top 15. Pentatonix with two albums in the top 30. Looks like people are finally buying true vocalists.

I was just about to note this. I hope her three albums finish in the top 15. Has that ever happend? (I've never really paid attention to the effect it has on the other albums for other artists and how they place at the end of the week.)

Edit: Where did the 14k + come from that didn't already have 21! LOL :laughga:

JusKeepBreathin
24 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

I was just about to note this. I hope her three albums finish in the top 15. Has that ever happend? (I've never really paid attention to the effect it has on the other albums for other artists and how they place at the end of the week.)

Edit: Where did the 14k + come from that didn't already have 21! LOL :laughga:

It may happen. On Apple Music, 21 is currently the third most streamed album and 19 is the number 7 most streamed. Streaming plus sales will more than likely put all her albums in the top 15. We'll see though. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Dangerous Man

Adele’s 25 album sales continue to grow ever larger, according to Nielsen Music. After processing initial sales reports through Nov. 24, the set has sold at least 2.8 million copies in the U.S.

Further, of that figure, 1.45 million are digital albums -- by far a record haul for a digital set.

25 has already surpassed the single-week album sales record (since Nielsen began tracking sales in 1991), previously held by *NSYNC’s No Strings Attached, when it debuted with 2,416,000 in the week ending March 26, 2000.

And yet, the tracking week still isn’t over!

There are slightly more than two days left in the sales tracking week to be tabulated (as it ends at the close of business on Thursday, Nov. 26). Currently, industry forecasters suggest the album could finish the week with 3 million sold. Billboard is scheduled to report 25's debut week sales on Sunday, Nov. 29, once Nielsen has finished processing its weekly data.

25 was released on Nov. 20 through XL/Columbia Records. It is Adele’s third studio album, and follows her blockbuster 21 set, which spent 24 nonconsecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and has sold 11.2 million copies in the U.S. (It is presumed that 25 will debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart dated Dec. 12, with its top 10 scheduled to be announced on Nov. 29. In related news, 25 mania is pumping a big gain for 21, which may jump back into the Billboard 200’s top 10 for the first time in two-and-a-half years.)

25’s download haul is already more than the former single-week download record-holder: Lady Gaga’s Born This Way, which sold 662,000 digital copies in its first week (ending May 29, 2011). (Billboard earlier reported that industry sources said 25 sold 900,000 downloads through the iTunes Store alone on its first day.)

Nielsen Music began tracking point-of-sale music purchases in 1991. Prior to 1991, there was no authoritative music sales tracking service in the U.S, thus it was mostly unknown how many copies of an album or song/single were sold in a single week.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/149701

____

Break it Legend A! :applause:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Fernster7

This is so amazing, I am so happy for Adele, she deserves it!:wub:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Jewels n Drugs

Im happy for her but the album isnt that great to me nor does the music really differ from 21 or 19.

Slay tho :legend:

gxaOLoW.gif

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

ThisGuyTony

She might sneak in some more sales with the Thursday "early Black Friday" shoppers. Just incredible! :giveup:

Archived