Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Whose Commercial Success is More in Jeopardy Right Now?

DiscoHeaven23

Whose Commercial Success is More in Danger Right Now?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Rihanna or Ariana's commercial success is more in danger right now?

• RiRi, ugh the mess that is Rih8
    • The Donut Licker, She's lost her FOCUS

Featured Posts

Rihanna's cause her era has been super messy and Focus is doing okay

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

GloZell Green

Ariana because she just loves to mess up how people look at her

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Mobster

"The Donut Licker" :neyde:

I loved Donutgate, it gave some spice to her persona :wink:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

darkchylde

People can say whatever they want about Rihanna but at the end of the day, she's Rihanna. Ariana Grande is not that grande yet.

Rihanna may not be selling millions of singles right now, but she's going for a new direction and will soon find a new audience that supports her. Saying that she might lose her commercial succes is absurd as she is one of the most commercially successful women in music ever.

President Biden

RihRih needs to feature Gaga,Adele and Bey to save herself. And release the album tomorrow. 

Ariana will survive. Focus is a bop. 

Note:I have a tendency to love flop songs and there bops to me (like ARTPOP,MDNA,Rebel heart,Confident,ect)

I got drunk

Ariana.

Rihanna is established worldwide whilst Ariana is not at all. Rih has that reputation to fall back on whereas if Ariana flops now she could quite easily just be a flash in the pan.

Iwontell

None, tbh...

Rihanna has mass appeal and she comes from a string of successful albums/singles...it's not because her latest material didn't make such a splash that she's necessarily going to do poorly...

Ariana is a new girl and appeals to a younger generation that likes to consume and support their idols, so she has chances of doing well...

Between them, I think Rihanna is going to do better, but Ariana won't be that far behind.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bad Monster Kid

Neither. But I guess Ariana if I had to pick  

GP loves Rihanna. Plus no one outside hardcore fans know about the album delay. She'll be back on top with ANTI. 

Rihanna is pretty established, she can afford to not perform as regular.

Ariana would quite easily fall into irrelevance if she doesn't catch people's attention with this album though.

Ariana has a big fan base. It is surprising that she pulled 100,000+ for Focus when the song is just awful.

Rihanna should be a--lyzing her moves because if she continues to be reckless, she'll have no career to look at soon.

Bad Bromance

I'd say Ariana's is.  Rihanna is fully established and she's bound to have a valley in a career that has only seen peeks.  Ariana is not at Riri's level so if her album is not well received, then......

Damn, why isn't the Ghost movie, "Molly, you in danger, girl" GIF not working when you need it to work.  Ugh!!!  >:(

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

StrawberryBlond

It's a tough one, but I'd say Rihanna. She's just waited too long and her new material sounds too experimental for her fanbase who prefer commercial hits. Plus, she's not had any #1's in her biggest markets, meaning that she's lost a big foothold and seeing as she's defined herself with #1's, it's a worrying prospect. She also has done barely any promo and certainly not in the best places and she's even cancelled performances. The BBHMM video got a lot of negative attention, a lot of people thought the 45S video was boring and AO didn't really test well with her fans. Nothing she's been releasing this era has truly stuck. The constant delays will make the fans lose faith in her (a lot are saying that the hype has died for them and she'd be better off just moving onto a new body of work) and the public will forget about her. And I think it's all going to be very difficult to come back from. When you've gone down this route, it's very difficult to get commercial hits again.

As for Ariana, well, this could just be a bump in the road. Focus flopped way harder internationally than I thought and if she doesn't do promo, it's not going to get any better. But she just needs something new, a better, more original single (and a feature) and good promo and she'll be fine again. Her constant releases and commercial nature will ensure that the public will ultimately be on her side. But on the whole, I don't see her being around for years and years. When she's no longer so young and cute, she's going to struggle. Focus has shown that without features, her hits are much...lesser.

Just now, Bad Monster Kid said:

Neither. But I guess Ariana if I had to pick  

GP loves Rihanna. Plus no one outside hardcore fans know about the album delay. She'll be back on top with ANTI. 

I think everyone knows about the delays, even if they don't know all the details. Because we're used to having a new Rihanna album every year and her having at least one massive single every year that goes to #1 and is everywhere. But we've had 3 years of a drought on that front. Of course people will notice it. Rihanna used to perform on UK X Factor every year, sometimes twice per season, but she hasn't been on for the last 2 years running and by the looks of things, she won't stand a chance this year either. The public will notice this. Also, X Factor was usually Rihanna's only source of UK promo. Without that, I don't know what she's going to do.

Archived