💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

How Katy Perry roars past Taylor Swift financially

imwoahvicky

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
5 hours ago, LDR said:

I mean...every show was sold out so clearly there are thousands of people in each city who can afford it.

Tickets will be bought up no matter what, but I'm stating that if prices were normal than her revenue would be as well.  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
On December 6, 2015 at 8:29:48 PM, Kacey Elizabeth said:

And yet her charting and sales outside of North America are absolutely tragic. Australia is the only place outside of NA where her music from the 1989 has done well. Facts and numbers speak for themselves. 

1989 is platinum in Brazil, China, Austria, and Japan. It is double platinum in Mexico and the U.K., triple platinum in New Zealand and 6x platinum in Australia. It has sold almost as much outside of the US than Prism sold in TOTAL worldwide. If you compare the total WW numbers, 1989 has doubled the sales of Prism...and is still going strong. The 1989 tour also out grosses the Prism tour, and does so with half of the dates. If the numbers for 1989 are "tragic", then that makes the numbers for Prism downright pathetic. 

gagaisitalian
On 12/7/2015 at 5:40 PM, ZacharyMark said:

Tickets will be bought up no matter what, but I'm stating that if prices were normal than her revenue would be as well.  

No artist defines what a "normal" ticket price is though...

DeleteMyAccount
50 minutes ago, LDR said:

No artist defines what a "normal" ticket price is though...

I don't think a ticket to see a singer should be over a thousand dollars.  The average person can't afford that. It's hard enough to pay $200 for a nosebleed at Solider Field.  There is a normal and then there is an unprecedented amount.  Taylor has that advantage.  

gagaisitalian
On 12/9/2015 at 9:26 PM, ZacharyMark said:

I don't think a ticket to see a singer should be over a thousand dollars.  The average person can't afford that. It's hard enough to pay $200 for a nosebleed at Solider Field.  There is a normal and then there is an unprecedented amount.  Taylor has that advantage.  

None of Taylor's tickets were over a thousand dollars. Her most expensive VIP package was $500. The VIP package that I had that was first row was only $250 and those are very limited. Other than that, tickets were $150 and less. Whoever told you her tickets were over a thousand is seriously mistaken and you really shouldn't believe stuff like that. Of course idiots on Stubhub try and sell them for crazy amounts, but Taylor only gets the percentage from the list price.

DeleteMyAccount
1 hour ago, LDR said:

None of Taylor's tickets were over a thousand dollars. Her most expensive VIP package was $500. The VIP package that I had that was first row was only $250 and those are very limited. Other than that, tickets were $150 and less. Whoever told you her tickets were over a thousand is seriously mistaken and you really shouldn't believe stuff like that. Of course idiots on Stubhub try and sell them for crazy amounts, but Taylor only gets the percentage from the list price.

Except that's how many people buy tickets.  And I'm not talking just $1000+.  Clearly she'll make more.  That's all I'm saying.  Nothing to it.

Whispering
3 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Except that's how many people buy tickets.  And I'm not talking just $1000+.  Clearly she'll make more.  That's all I'm saying.  Nothing to it.

The profits from Stubhub tickets go to the reseller, not to Taylor's gross number. Taylor isn't getting an "advantage" when people are paying high prices for tickets from resellers. She received face value for the tickets. 

DeleteMyAccount
15 hours ago, Whispering said:

The profits from Stubhub tickets go to the reseller, not to Taylor's gross number. Taylor isn't getting an "advantage" when people are paying high prices for tickets from resellers. She received face value for the tickets. 

Again, tickets will always be higher for people in demand.

Whispering
2 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Again, tickets will always be higher for people in demand.

Right, which means Taylor has more demand than Katy. That's why she made more than Katy did with almost half the tour dates. She was selling out stadiums and huge arenas. (ones that hold 20,000 plus)

And my comment was in reply to your discussion about Stubhub tickets, not tickets sold at face value.

DeleteMyAccount
17 hours ago, Whispering said:

Right, which means Taylor has more demand than Katy. That's why she made more than Katy did with almost half the tour dates. She was selling out stadiums and huge arenas. (ones that hold 20,000 plus)

And my comment was in reply to your discussion about Stubhub tickets, not tickets sold at face value.

Yep, and sometimes tickets are more expensive due to demand.  I wouldn't be paying close to $300 to see Jon McLaughlin.

Archived