Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

How Katy Perry roars past Taylor Swift financially

imwoahvicky

Featured Posts

malazam

'How Katy Perry roars past Taylor Swift financially'' I don't get it, Taylor's number are better :neyde:

another shot before we kiss the other side

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinladen
54 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

A world tour that only visits 10 countries? Tragic. She couldn't even go to New Zealand, even though it's right under Australia. And in Europe, she didn't even go to France, even though it's literally attached to Germany. But her label isn't stupid - they've made these dates to fit audience demand. So, she can't be performing in other countries because she doesn't have the demand there, therefore, not as popular as she's made out to be. Stop all this guff about how her brand is still growing internationally. After 2 albums of pop hits, how much more time does she need? Even with this new music to appeal to foreign audiences and international promo, she still isn't worldwide. If she hasn't figured out how to do it after 5 albums and a decade in the music business, I doubt she ever will. And yet she's called a great businesswoman all the time. Judging by how much more hits and touring money Katy's made since the beginning of her career, I'd say she was the better businesswoman.

She probably just picked the dates were she could have the highest grossing, but that doesn't mean she would struggle in all the other places. Teenage Dream was also bigger in the US than in a lot of other places. Taylor clearly got a LOT more global with this era. I'm not from the US myself and I hear a lot more people talking about Taylor now compared to the Red era. I'm pretty sure she could sell out an arena here now, but like I said she would probably make less money than in the countries she's doing rn.

Whispering
23 minutes ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

Yeah, by charging ten times more expensive and having one more tour over Katy which makes sense since she has 5 albums out while Katy only has 3 albums. Katy isn't greedy and money-hungry like Taylor and actually cares about her KatyCats and wants to have a fair price for the so they'll be all able to come and see her. 

Ten times? Lol, that's BS and you know it. 

Katy's prices are cheaper because that's all she can get. Taylor can charge more because the demand is greater. 

The real difference here is that Taylor is playing stadiums, large basketball arenas and several dates in some cities. That kind of demand isn't there for Katy, either in the way of huge venues or with ticket prices.

Kacey Elizabeth
6 minutes ago, Chump said:

If we don't count ANY of Taylor's tours to make it fair, their gross is still MUCH more. And artist doesn't charge ticket prices, it's entertainment company's deal. Prices are always as high as the demand is. If prices were lower than the level of demand, artist would have to play like 5 dates in one town. These are such simple things

"If we don't count ANY of Taylor's tours to make it fair, their gross is still MUCH more" that did not even make any sense. How can Taylor's tours' gross be much higher when they aren't even counted? LOL

It doesn't matter who sets the price tickets - it's still the ticket price. If an artist has enough demand, they can play multiple shows in a town, actually. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

I can't at Taylor not adding more dates in Europe because there was a chance they wouldn't be sold out. ab6d3f1c.gif World tour my ass.

7 minutes ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

"If we don't count ANY of Taylor's tours to make it fair, their gross is still MUCH more" that did not even make any sense. How can Taylor's tours' gross be much higher when they aren't even counted? LOL

It doesn't matter who sets the price tickets - it's still the ticket price. If an artist has enough demand, they can play multiple shows in a town, actually. 

I meant exclude one, no matter high-grossing or not

ctherainbow
30 minutes ago, Kacey Elizabeth said:

They didn't lie. Stop pretending like you know anything about Katy and how she connects with her fans and inspires them.

Katy isn't greedy and money-hungry like Taylor and actually cares about her KatyCats and wants to have a fair price for the so they'll be all able to come and see her. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sis, I used to stan Katy during Teenage Dream, and through all the interviews I ever watched, all the live performances I saw, not a damn thing ever inspired me about her, except that if you're a Christian singer whose first album sells a tiny bit, that you can take your boobs out and be successful in pop music.

Now, I'm not discounting your personal experience being inspired by her, because we all draw inspiration in different ways, but if Katy fans were polled versus other artists' fans, I know for a fact that Katy would end up on the low end of the "inspiring" factor.

Now to get into the stan war portion of this thread... let's realize for a minute that Taylor's tour is sold out, which indicates more demand than available tickets, while Katy's, though it did very well, did not sell out, indicating that she about hit the limit of the most tickets she could sell in the countries she visited.  While I will admit that Katy may have more global demand, with the colossal success of Teenage Dream, as well as the singles off Prism, Taylor is catching up with her last two pop albums.

Furthermore, the Prismatic World Tour ended with 1.4 million in attendance and $154 million gross, while the 1989 World Tour, which is still in progress, already has 1.6 million in attendance and $185 million gross.  So while Katy may have visited more countries, Taylor can clearly sell more tickets, and without stops in some of the countries Katy visited, she could have sold even more.  Now, a number of the Prismatic World Tour's stops don't have a reported boxscore or attendance numbers, but I don't think it's safe to call this a runaway victory for Katy by any standards.  Taylor could easily have booked one stop in many of the smaller European countries/some South American countries, and had a tour that looked far more global than it does now.

Damn, I just typed all that and I'm haven't even been a Taylor fan since Fearless.  Lemme escape to the Community Center.  :rip:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Mobster

The OP is self explanatory, Katy has had almost double as many stops as Taylor Swift... More stops more money.... If anything Taylor Swift is the one "roaring past Katy financially", since she has managed to amass almost the same amount of money as Katy with half as many stops.

Anyway, good for both of them... Hope Gaga gets those numbers too :wub:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

KyliesChild
46 minutes ago, malazam said:

'How Katy Perry roars past Taylor Swift financially'' I don't get it, Taylor's number are better :neyde:

She is the top earning female musician of 2015 with $135 million while Taylor swift earned $80 million.

malazam
2 minutes ago, Cool Machine said:

She is the top earning female musician of 2015 with $135 million while Taylor swift earned $80 million.

Why comparing a tour with almost the double of shows? We all know that Taylor tour is way more successful even going in less countries....

another shot before we kiss the other side

Redstreak
50 minutes ago, Robinladen said:

She probably just picked the dates were she could have the highest grossing, but that doesn't mean she would struggle in all the other places. Teenage Dream was also bigger in the US than in a lot of other places. Taylor clearly got a LOT more global with this era. I'm not from the US myself and I hear a lot more people talking about Taylor now compared to the Red era. I'm pretty sure she could sell out an arena here now, but like I said she would probably make less money than in the countries she's doing rn.

Not only that, but she's mentioned a few times this era that she's not really a fan of touring. It's why she picked up more stadiums this time around because that means she can do less shows with the same numbers.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak
8 minutes ago, Cool Machine said:

Yeah but the financial tracking year for that Forbes article is from June 2014 to June 2015, and Taylor's tour is mostly outside of that range where as Katy had the Prismatic all throughout

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

DeleteMyAccount

If Taylor's tickets were actually affordable the 1989 Tour's gross would be much much lower...

Kacey Elizabeth
1 hour ago, ctherainbow said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sis, I used to stan Katy during Teenage Dream, and through all the interviews I ever watched, all the live performances I saw, not a damn thing ever inspired me about her, except that if you're a Christian singer whose first album sells a tiny bit, that you can take your boobs out and be successful in pop music.

Now, I'm not discounting your personal experience being inspired by her, because we all draw inspiration in different ways, but if Katy fans were polled versus other artists' fans, I know for a fact that Katy would end up on the low end of the "inspiring" factor.

Now to get into the stan war portion of this thread... let's realize for a minute that Taylor's tour is sold out, which indicates more demand than available tickets, while Katy's, though it did very well, did not sell out, indicating that she about hit the limit of the most tickets she could sell in the countries she visited.  While I will admit that Katy may have more global demand, with the colossal success of Teenage Dream, as well as the singles off Prism, Taylor is catching up with her last two pop albums.

Furthermore, the Prismatic World Tour ended with 1.4 million in attendance and $154 million gross, while the 1989 World Tour, which is still in progress, already has 1.6 million in attendance and $185 million gross.  So while Katy may have visited more countries, Taylor can clearly sell more tickets, and without stops in some of the countries Katy visited, she could have sold even more.  Now, a number of the Prismatic World Tour's stops don't have a reported boxscore or attendance numbers, but I don't think it's safe to call this a runaway victory for Katy by any standards.  Taylor could easily have booked one stop in many of the smaller European countries/some South American countries, and had a tour that looked far more global than it does now.

Damn, I just typed all that and I'm haven't even been a Taylor fan since Fearless.  Lemme escape to the Community Center.  :rip:

I'm pretty sure you didn't stan Katy during Teenage Dream and are just making things up in order to get your point across. But what else is new with Little Monsters like you? I can't except anything else from ya'll. The fact that you actually think that Katy became successful because of her boobs shows how little you know about her and how you didn't stan her during that era. If Katy ever was known and successful for her boobs, she would've faded into obscurity by her third album and wouldn't have sold this amount of records. Most of her demographic are teens and children couldn't have cared less about her boobs and even her adult KatyCats don't care about her boobs nor they stan her because of them. The only people who only care about her boobs are just a bunch of grown, perverted men who have nothing to do with their lives and don't even buy Katy's music nor they go to her shows. So try again.

You cannot call it a fact unless it is observed, experimented with, and has been proven, which it isn't, so it is not a fact. Nice try. 

Katy's tour was 99% sold out, so it came pretty close to being fully sold-out. Not to mention that all her North American dates were reported to be sold-out, and NA is the region where Taylor's 1989 World Tour had most of it's dates taken place in and all of the shows were sold-out as well, but what does that indicate? Well, let's see. The PRISMATIC World Tour had 151 dates: 38 in Europe, 67 in North America, 25 in Oceania, 12 in Asia, and 10 in Latin America. The 1989 World Tour has 85 dates: 7 in Asia, 8 in Europe, 63 in North America, and 7 in Oceania. With that many shows, The PRISMATIC World Tour managed to sell-out 99% of it's set tickets. If Taylor's tour had as many dates as The PWT, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been 100% sold-out. If Taylor really had demand in South America and most of Europe, she would've added dates for her tour in those regions, but she didn't. Why? 'Cause her reocrd label is aware of the fact that she doesn't have much demand there, and that she wouldn't have had sell-out her tour there. So in order to don't make her look bad, they didn't add dates there. Taylor and her record label only added dates in places where they knew for sure that Taylor would've sold out. If Katy's tour had as many dates as Taylor's tour, her tour would've been 100% sold-out as well. By the way, if all the boxscores for The PRISMATIC World Tour get released, it would have a attendance of 2,000,000+ along with a gross of 200,000,000+. Try harder maybe? 

The fact that Katy got global with just two pop albums and eras (I don't consider One of the Boys a pop album, at least not fully) whereas Taylor already has had two pop eras and albums, and still hasn't been able to be as global as Katy says a lot. She'll never have a worldwide stardom and would never reach Katy's popularity, impact, and success on a worldwide level. She's way too overexposed now and her next era will be a huge decline for her, so her chance of being global is extremely slim. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived