Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Why is Madonna praised for Ray Of Light?

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Wouldn't you agree that she lost that respect when she went back to her old and immature ways with Hard Candy? 

I agree! I dislike the Hard Candy/MDNA attitude... Some of the American Life era interviews aswell, she was really cold when talking to interviewers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, a sample is a piece of ALREDY RECORDED music used in a loop as a part of musical production.

The vocals on Ray Of Light are NOT by the original band, thus it literally can't be a sample. 

It's a cover. Just because she tacked on an additional verse to it, it doesn't make it her own song. sorry.gif 

You don't know what sampling is. There are plenty of examples of samples where the vocals are not by the original artists.

Also an example where instrumentals were recreated in studio:

Adelephant

You don't know what sampling is. There are plenty of examples of samples where the vocals are not by the original artists.

Also an example where instrumentals were recreated in studio:

So would you call this an original song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4Wp3S8a38

It also switches up a verse or two. Does this mean that "All That She Wants" is a Britney song now? 

So would you call this an original song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-4Wp3S8a38

It also switches up a verse or two. Does this mean that "All That She Wants" is a Britney song now? 

Of course it is. The only thing she sampled was the chorus. The rest is completely different, from the verses to the instrumental and message behind it.

Bad Bromance

its  a sample

yall  tried it  :rofl: 

Call it what you will.  I honestly was under the impression she wrote the Lyrics with her producer, William Orbit.  When I purchased the album, I never bothered to check to see who wrote the songs on the album because I always thought she wrote all of her songs, like Gaga. 

After reading the OP, I was really shocked to hear that other band sang the song back in the 70s and that they wrote most of the lyrics that she used in her song.  I guess you really do learn something new every day.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

14 hours ago, Bad Bromance said:

Call it what you will.  I honestly was under the impression she wrote the Lyrics with her producer, William Orbit.  When I purchased the album, I never bothered to check to see who wrote the songs on the album because I always thought she wrote all of her songs, like Gaga. 

After reading the OP, I was really shocked to hear that other band sang the song back in the 70s and that they wrote most of the lyrics that she used in her song.  I guess you really do learn something new every day.

What are you talking about? "Call it whatever" Its original song that contains a sample. Ofcourse she writes her own songs like Gaga. She did write most of The song, totally New melodies and used parts of lyrics as a sample. And credited them. Sound nothing alike, ergo its a new song, not a cover. Everyone does that. So yeah she wrote The song. Sampling is SO everyday thing with everyone and has been that for decades. Gaga does it too.Think of Aura, Venus, Donatella, MJH, DWYW etc. Same thing. Its perfectly fine!

Bad Bromance
9 hours ago, Snow said:

What are you talking about? "Call it whatever" Its original song that contains a sample. Ofcourse she writes her own songs like Gaga. She did write most of The song, totally New melodies and used parts of lyrics as a sample. And credited them. Sound nothing alike, ergo its a new song, not a cover. Everyone does that. So yeah she wrote The song. Sampling is SO everyday thing with everyone and has been that for decades. Gaga does it too.Think of Aura, Venus, Donatella, MJH, DWYW etc. Same thing. Its perfectly fine!

I know that.  What I'm saying is that I was completely unaware of the fact that she used the lyrics that that other band wrote.  I was under the impression she wrote the song from start to finish with William Orbit, like she always does with her other producers. 

Never in my mind did I think that someone else had written the lyrics, "Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder, do my tears of mourning sink beneath the sun.  She's got herself a universe gone quickly for the call of thunder threatens everyone." 

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

dlioncourt91
On 11/4/2015, 5:23:37, Gohan said:

Same. COAD is better.

COADF was a way to win back the GP after the mess American Life mad. It's "a frivolous record" (Madonna's own description of it) It's just dance music and apart from the singles and a few choice songs, it's very flat. It has no messages, no commentary, nothing like a true Madonna record we've come to know. Ray of Light is definitely the stronger album mixing themes of motherhood, death, spirituality, Kabbalh versus COADF.

Archived