Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

How Kesha can save her career !

Versace

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

But let's be realistic how can you work with someone you hate especially if you are the producer 

In school I work with people I resent and I don't get payed millions, or anything really.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paper Gangsta

I like your idea. 

I think her contract includes everything released under her name/brand.

she should collab with some producer then and make him release album without her name credited :emma: 

Paper Gangsta

But let's be realistic how can you work with someone you hate especially if you are the producer 

thing is he wouldn't work with her, he would just stop her from working with others. 

Versace

thing is he wouldn't work with her, he would just stop her from working with others. 

He has to work with her if she opted for it

since that is what her contract is , if Luke refuses to work with her then she would immediately be dropped the court will grant her that

Paper Gangsta

since that is what her contract is , if Luke refuses to work with her then she would immediately be dropped the court will grant her that

Kesha is under Luke's label. He decides everything about her career and he can aswell just block it 

Paper Gangsta

Kesha made mistake. She should have asked Azealia for advice how to get dropped :green: and then when she is finally free sue luke. 

AmenTheNight

Idk how these contracts are written, but if his legal team was genuine enough when they wrote the contract (and I believe they were), there might be no deadline to release each of her projects. That would mean he could keep her under his label and prevent her from releasing anything for a LONG while, as long as she's still under contract with him.

For example, if she signed for 3 albums (Animal+ Cannibal and Warrior making 2) 3 tours (Get $leazy and Warrior Tour making 2) to wrap till 2020 (for example), he can legally make her wait for years and years before releasing anything, and on top of that, with him.

That's why she wants to get out of her contract with, 'cause she's legally obliged to release stuff and work exclusively with him for more eras. She does everything she can to cancel this contract thanks to justice, but Luke's legal team knows better and blocks everything. That's a vicious circle, and at this point, she's stuck in this contract, with no possibility to release anything in any way legally.

None of them wants to work with each other, believe me. Luke just wants to keep her under his label to destroy her relevance and career, since he knows perfectly that they will never work again together, forcing her to wait till justice cancels the contract and/or the contract comes to its end in time. But by the time this contract comes to its end, she'll be long forgotten. AND, if she disrespects this contract, he will sue her again, except that this time, he will win the trial in the blink of an eye. If she releases anything under another label while being under contract with him, he will strip her from all her money + rights on Animal+Cannibal and Warrior. That would mean she'd never be able to sing any song from these eras, or at least without paying, like an artist doing a cover of someone else's song.

See ? That's ****ed up, that's machiavellian, that's Dr Luke. He has every interest to keep her under his label.

To sum up, my only advice : At this point, she should just force herself to collaborate with him, and sue him if he refuses to. Just release quick and soulless stuff that will flop, just to complete your contract and get out of it. Ofc that's inhuman, but from a career point of view, that's the quickiest and safest solution ...

Paper Gangsta

To sum up, my only advice : At this point, she should just force herself to collaborate with him, and sue him if he refuses to. Just release quick and soulless stuff that will flop, just to complete your contract and get out of it. Ofc that's inhuman, but from a career point of view, that's the quickiest and safest solution ...

but as u allready said luke's goal isnt to get new album from kesha but to block her. Also we don't know how many albums she signed to

AmenTheNight

but as u allready said luke's goal isnt to get new album from kesha but to block her. Also we don't know how many albums she signed to

Yeah I know, that's why if she gets back in the studio and tries to work with him, but if he REFUSES, she then might have a legal breach to use in court (as he wouldn't be respecting his own contract with her) ? But then yes, he'd just say he's making her wait and would find marketing excuses ...

Well these things are pretty complex, and we don't have all the necessary information ... I'm sure Kesha's lawyers are doing their best, but Sony and Luke's legal teams are way too powerful.

I feel so sad for her.....she is a great artiat and its so sad to see that she cant put out new music

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

RAMROD

She cannot do anything but fight for her freedom right now. Her labe do not allower her to record anything if it isn't with Luke.

But cancelling your contract with a huge major label won't be easy. It can take years. And they got money.

I mean, let's take JoJo for example. She fought years for her now defunct ex label to be freed from them because they did not release Jojo from her contract even they went bakrupt that time and this causes problem cos she cannot move to another label until there's legal paper saying so, and this label is much smaller scale than Sony Music. It cost Jojo her career. Now she have returns but everyone have moved on from her. So can you imagine how much greater power that Kesha is fighting now?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Whispering

What would happen is he would keep it tied up for years. Then Sony could release the album and not throw any support behind it. Then wait four or five more years until the next one. 

They would make an example out of her, to show all the other artists what happens if you try to get out of your contract. 

Idk how these contracts are written, but if his legal team was genuine enough when they wrote the contract (and I believe they were), there might be no deadline to release each of her projects. That would mean he could keep her under his label and prevent her from releasing anything for a LONG while, as long as she's still under contract with him.

For example, if she signed for 3 albums (Animal+ Cannibal and Warrior making 2) 3 tours (Get $leazy and Warrior Tour making 2) to wrap till 2020 (for example), he can legally make her wait for years and years before releasing anything, and on top of that, with him.

None of them wants to work with each other, believe me. Luke just wants to keep her under his label to destroy her relevance and career, since he knows perfectly that they will never work again together, forcing her to wait till justice cancels the contract and/or the contract comes to its end in time. But by the time this contract comes to its end, she'll be long forgotten. AND, if she disrespects this contract, he will sue her again, except that this time, he will win the trial in the blink of an eye. If she releases anything under another label while being under contract with him, he will strip her from all her money + rights on Animal+Cannibal and Warrior. That would mean she'd never be able to sing any song from these eras, or at least without paying, like an artist doing a cover of someone else's song.

That's sadly true.

Kesha has a 6 Album Deal with Dr. Luke, (Animal - Cannibal - Her Remix Album (I heard this one counts) - Warrior), Kesha was once in a publishing/production deal with a different company, which Luke sold her out of, I think she believed in the good of him.

The only thing that she could do is, to start YouTube Videos or let the Producers of older Songs she recorded, release the Songs while she remains uncredited, but she would lose money and if it turns out that it's Kesha, she needs to pay a lot of money. 

I think Kesha is wanted by some Labels (at Universal), but they would need to pay her out of the contract for a lot of money and I don't think they would like to get involved in this since she also wants justice for Dr.Luke, so she needs to fight this battle on her own. 

To your advice, I agree with you, but I think that Dr.Luke has a lot of anger towards Kesha and that he could abuse her or let someone abuse her, she could only go into the studio with her bodyguards AND she would need to do things he tells her to do, like sing about something dumb and he could also sabotage her to make her seem like a bad singer. I feel like that's why she liked the Documentary of hers, because she felt safe with her brother in the Studio.

Also, If she'd just do it, she would loose and that means, that she would need to pay the money of his and her lawyer and al that stuff, and since she still haven't got the money from the Warrior/Timber Era (as she said) she would be broke by then. (She also recently sold her house.)

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Versace

Kesha made mistake. She should have asked Azealia for advice how to get dropped :green: and then when she is finally free sue luke. 

Ironically Azealia is working with Luke as of now lol 

AmenTheNight

That's sadly true.

Kesha has a 6 Album Deal with Dr. Luke, (Animal - Cannibal - Her Remix Album (I heard this one counts) - Warrior), Kesha was once in a publishing/production deal with a different company, which Luke sold her out of, I think she believed in the good of him.

To your advice, I agree with you, but I think that Dr.Luke has a lot of anger towards Kesha and that he could abuse her or let someone abuse her, she could only go into the studio with her bodyguards AND she would need to do things he tells her to do, like sing about something dumb and he could also sabotage her to make her seem like a bad singer. I feel like that's why she liked the Documentary of hers, because she felt safe with her brother in the Studio.

Also, If she'd just do it, she would loose and that means, that she would need to pay the money of his and her lawyer and al that stuff, and since she still haven't got the money from the Warrior/Timber Era (as she said) she would be broke by then. (She also recently sold her house.)

- Ah yes I forgot about the remix album ! Do you think Cannibal works as an album on its own, or just as an EP ? Also, does Deconstructed count ? If so, only one album left to go ...

- Yeah that's what I was thinking too, but if the point is to get out of the contract, then that's what it takes I guess ... Of course it's inhuman and hazardous, that's why she prefers to persist with the trial

- I assumed she'd be broke by now sadly, that's why I think this trial won't last as long as she wishes ...

I realize that I sound music and career-obsessed when I read what I just wrote, but I'm really not, I swear :pumpga: I'm just thinking about the best way for her to get out of this situation while preserving her life, her money and her career, and that's not what this trial will give her, unless there's a miracle.

Archived