Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

Disturbing Robot Dances to Slayplause in Art Exhibition

Solitaire

Featured Posts

Solitaire

First things first, I really hope this is in the right section because I have no idea where this... weirdness should actually go :smh:

I was reading some science articles earlier tonight and came across a link titled "Robot dances to Blurred Lines and lip syncs to Lady Gaga" and of course I had to read the article, but unfortunately the video in the article was very short (and included no Gaga), so I hunted down this extended video of the robot:

(Applause starts at 3:07)

What makes this robot super creepy (other than it's teeth, witch mask and disembodied voice) is that the robot is programmed with facial recognition software and will stare at gallery-goers as they walk across the room. 

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the art piece is, but I'd assume it has something to do with difference in the way we perceive ourselves and our internal monologue compared to the way other people see us and our emotional disposition.

(Strangely enough, the remix of Blurred Lines that plays at 5:51 sounds extremely like the Goldfrapp Judas remix.)

Discuss this creepiness below, and good luck sleeping tonight :gaycat:

- Previously Sycothisis

Chris Evans

I swear at 3:40 i always thought it was saying some satanic ritual and praying to the devil it's too creepy to watch 

Dangerous Man

That's what you call ART.  :derpga:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

GloZell Green

A DIRTY SEXY SCULPTURE IS OVER! GIVE HER NO APPLAUSE! SHE IS FLOP!

IT HAS BLONDE HAIR LIKE MADONNA, SHES A REDUCTIVE WANNABE #WriteWhatUWant :hor: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Solitaire

Wtf

iqpyQZeim4SwX.gif

:lmao:

I swear at 3:40 i always thought it was saying some satanic ritual and praying to the devil it's too creepy to watch 

The part where it says "my father is dead, my mother is dead, I'm gay" really creeps me out for some reason. :ohno:

- Previously Sycothisis

Archived