Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Why Rihanna Should Be The Next James Bond

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Adelephant

Rihanna should be the next Bond. There should be five Bond movies — at least five Bond movies! — starring Rihanna, because every one of those movies could feasibly go as hard than the “Hard” music video, and thus be essential.

Some of you have concerns. I understand that. Let’s address the biggest one: Rihanna’s acting skills. Maybe you saw 2012’s Battleship, and maybe you felt some mixed feelings. Again, understandable. My counter is: James Bond has historically not been portrayed by legendary actors. Only one Bond, Sean Connery, has ever been nominated for an Oscar. 

Perhaps you are also concerned that Rihanna is not British. Okay, who cares?

Finally, you are probably throwing your hands up at the idea of a Barbadian female taking over a beloved franchise that has always been headlined by white males. Oh, dear. Whatever will the general population do with only 24 James Bond films starring straight white dudes to consume? A different-looking Bond would probably cause Earth’s core to explode and mass human extinction, I guess! At the very least, assorted tables will be flipped over at varying speeds by Internet fanboys.

Rihanna’s state of coolness is amplified by the fact that it has little to do with her musical output. It’s been nearly three years since the release of her last album, Unapologetic, and in that time, her status as a fashion icon, in-demand spokesperson, savvy businesswoman and killer social media presence have all been underlined.

http://www.fuse.tv/2015/10/rihanna-next-james-bond

The Professor

God no.

Her playing Bond would be like me playing Hermione.

Put her in her own movie sure but she's not James bond :what:

The Child

Are you trolling? :ghostney:

And they said ARTPOP had no impact. :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

RAMROD

Who else but Rih

7ef79410-8dfd-0132-1dd7-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Hola Soraya

Maybe she should focus on her music career and put out an album, for example.

tumblr_mhrcwmUwo61rhf9tro1_500.gif

My patience is running out for ANTI... Just give us the music... :cry: It's too late if she drops it now since it's going to be dragged to the pits of hell and back...  

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

RAMROD

Only if it was a silent movie

197a7230-8dfe-0132-4402-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Maybe she should focus on her music career and put out an album, for example.

tumblr_mhrcwmUwo61rhf9tro1_500.gif

My patience is running out for ANTI... Just give us the music... :cry: It's too late if she drops it now since it's going to be dragged to the pits of hell and back...  

It seems like it will be postponed again, she is taking her time, or going through development hell.

0ab2d270-8dfd-0132-4407-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Riot Poof

lol. There are PLENTY of actresses of color who can do a better job at this than Rihanna. Don't even act like her being a black woman is the only reason why people would be against this idea.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

StrawberryBlond

Where did this bizarre article come from? Who was paid to write such nonsense? This is what journalism has sunk to - nothing but bitterness, over-reactions and biased fan spoutings.

"Finally, you are probably throwing your hands up at the idea of a Barbadian female taking over a beloved franchise that has always been headlined by white males. Oh, dear. Whatever will the general population do with only 24 James Bond films starring straight white dudes to consume? A different-looking Bond would probably cause Earth’s core to explode and mass human extinction, I guess! At the very least, assorted tables will be flipped over at varying speeds by Internet fanboys."

No, it's nothing to do with her race whatsoever. It's because James Bond is a male character. That means it should be played be a male. Even a trans-xual could do this, but not a biological female. It works the other way too - a character who was written female must be played by a female. This is the true definition of PC correctness gone mad. By trying to be PC, we've got even more close-minded here. Because for years, women have been seen as "defective males" by which I mean that it's common to see women depicted as female versions of male characters. Mickey Mouse had Minnie Mouse, who was just like him, but female. Same with Donald Duck and Daisy. The Smurfs were all male until Smurfette was created, who was just like The Smurfs, but female. Other cartoons followed suit. Even adult media is similar. It was difficult for a long time for women to even be lead characters in most tv shows. We're usually put into the category as someone's girlfriend or sidekick. And again, we're just a female version of them. We need to own our own gender more. If you want to create a female spy character, create a new story about one, don't make it a spin-off of a show starring a male spy or get the female to play the role of a classic male spy. That's just insulting and suggests women are always inferior to men, that to even get close to being as good, they have to pretend to be men.

Archived