💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Adele Is Officially Better Than Michael Jackson

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Adelephant

"You can do all sorts in terms of marketing a product, but overall, that counts for nothing if you’re yesterday’s news as it is revealed that Adele is now officially better than Michael Jackson.

Basically, in the space of a year, Adele has already outsold ‘Bad’ and is a whisker away from outselling ‘Thriller’.

Michael Jackson fans will probably be frothing through their noses as they angrily point out that there are two Michael Jackson albums in there… but they’re missing the point. See, Adele is on the cusp of outdoing Michael Jackson with considerably less work under her ample belt."

Full article: http://www.hecklerspray.com/adele-is-officially-better-than-michael-jackson/201271041.php

tumblr_inline_np4lto6WL01sg86mb_500.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hola Soraya

Oh no... this thread is gonna get messy real quick... 

I stan for both so I'm outta here... :bye: 

Gh4sx1N.gif

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Mobster

I want to see Adele do the moon walk while singing live :lolly:

JK, I don't

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Kermit

Excuse me, no...

Adele is phenomenal, yes, but no.

Not gonna even say anything, just gonna let the stupid cancel itself out,

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Article is over 3 years old and refers only to UK sales. MJ wasn't as dominant there. But Adele 21 did not catch Queen, Sgt. Pepper, or Abba Gold.

ChicaSkas

Possibly but they will both still stand as titans of their own fields.

I swear the pitting against each other for no reason crews are alive and well today.... :fail: 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Serendipity

Tell this when she'll 60 Million copies of the same album and gets 5 #1s from same album

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

UrethraFranklin

One thing Adele has though that Michael Jackson didn't is the internet. The fact that he achieved that success without globalization is astounding. I feel like people should treat album sales like we do inflation.

1$ in the 70's and 80's is a hell of a lot of difference to 1$ now. 

Just saying. 

Adele is absolutely astounding but she has the internet on her side. The promo creates itself.

She could have farted into a mic and uploaded it on soundcloud and still had the same ripple effect because everyone is going to tweet about it and instagram about it.

ChasingGhosts

Old article and only focuses on UK album sales, anyway Michael Jackson is more talented and has a better range of music than Adele.

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

FGGrayson

Queen of being better than MJ & Madonna with Hello

Q7I4okdm.png

𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿

Serendipity

Old article and only focuses on UK album sales, anyway Michael Jackson is more talented and has a better range of music than Adele.

Adele is very talented, I'll give

But comparing her to MJ-The King of Pop is delusional

MJ is the definition of Pop, he crosses every gender, race, generation, demographic

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Whispering

Um...Thriller sold twice as much worldwide as 21. 

30 million albums is not a "whisker away". :saladga:

Archived