Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could FKA twigs pull a Weeknd and 'make it'?

Harry

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo

I agree that they're very different, but I do also see why the comparisons exist.

I see the Bjork and Massive Attack thing too, but they never broke out onto mainstream radio in America. I feel they were definitely bigger in Europe, I know they were certainly both quite big here in the UK during the 90s.

I wonder though if twigs made a conscious effort to go more 'pop' hooked up with commercial producers like The Weeknd did with Max Martin, she would have the skill set to succeed in the pop world?

I agree that there's some prejudice, especially considering those horrible Kristen Stewart fans who send her racial abuse on Twitter. But when there's someone like Rihanna (who I love) that is a woman of color being as successful as she is... Twigs is a lot more creative/talented than Rih. Could those abilities bump her up? Or is the mainstream audience too fickle?

I don't believe I ever said The Weeknd was an icon. I think you misinterpreted the thread. I was saying that twigs was coming from a similar place - in terms of an underground audience as an artist in a similar genre - so could she break out into the mainstream like he undeniably has this year?

"It's a hypothetical question, but IF (not will) she ever made the shift to recording more commercial friendly music"

so why didn't the thread title have "breakthrough to the Mainstream" instead of "Make it" they are too completely different concepts...

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so why didn't the thread title have "breakthrough to the Mainstream" instead of "Make it" they are too completely different concepts...

Maybe it's subjective what 'make it' means. But if you took the time to read the OP before replying to it you would've got what I meant.

Katsuki Bakugo

Maybe it's subjective what 'make it' means. But if you took the time to read the OP before replying to it you would've got what I meant.

I did though. As you said its my interpretation of it.  

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

I did though. As you said its my interpretation of it.  

Okay... Well I'm sorry that you misinterpreted a very clear question

Alcina Dimitrescu

Which is why I'm asking if she went in a mainstream direction with her music could she pull it off...

Do people read OPs anymore?

I did but it's stupid. She is voguing with gay boys does she  look like she wants to go mainstream? I dont even know how a mainstream version of her would sound

I did but it's stupid. She is voguing with gay boys does she  look like she wants to go mainstream? I dont even know how a mainstream version of her would sound

That's the whole point, it's a hypothetical question... I'm not asking you if she would or not lol. If you don't have anything to offer you could just not reply instead of being ****y about it

Alcina Dimitrescu

My reply is wont pull a weeknd because she wont do the mainstream thing and if she did, i dont have a clue how would she sound like so i cant give an answer. Happy? idas

My reply is wont pull a weeknd because she wont do the mainstream thing and if she did, i dont have a clue how would she sound like so i cant give an answer. Happy? idas

thanks for your enlightening contribution. you are very insightful.

Mister Gaga

She can't be mainstream and make it with her current music, which is great. The Weeknd had to make some hits with Max Martin (CFMF), because he simply didn't fit completely. And thanks to it, he exploded and now people can hear his mainstream and non mainstream music! But it would be great for her, she's a great artist.

Archived