Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Meghan Trainor is now one of the popgirls!

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Whispering

She's a pop girl. 

Is she one of the major pop girls? No, not yet...but neither are a bunch of other pop girls that people follow here. 

Meghan certainly isn't a one hit wonder and her album is still doing well, so let's see what happens with the next one. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's part of the 2nd tier - as big as Demi, Selena, Ariana, or Lorde. 

Gaga-Katy-Rihanna-Beyonce-Taylor-Adele are top women in music right now.

StrawberryBlond

Nowadays, we can't put down solid predictions on how anyone new will perform. The public chews up and spits out new stars so fast now. Artists who were everywhere with their debut and sold millions sank gradually or massively without a trace from their follow up and onwards, like Leona Lewis, Jessie J, Christina Aguilera and Norah Jones. There's also some borderline cases like Cyndi Lauper and Avril Lavigne. The next casualties are likely going to be Rita Ora, Carly Rae Jepsen and Lorde. If Ariana Grande doesn't come out with some really massive hits and #1's soon, she'll be gone too. There's no guarantees in the industry, that's for sure.

Meghan is far too new, doesn't have enough hits and isn't worldwide enough to be considered a major pop girl yet. People still consider her the AATB girl. Most of them don't even know her other songs. She even references AATB in LAM, a sure sign that even she's worried her success could slip (a lot of one hit wonders do this). She's really only selling well in the US - worldwide, her sales are nothing. And she's only doing clubs and state fairs on tour right now. If her follow-up album has got the same level of success or more, I'll give her more consideration. But she'll need 3 consecutively successful albums to even get into the major pop leagues.

Basically, I don't think anyone has fans until their second album. The first album is bought by people who like it, and that's all they are. The ones who buy the second one are your fans. So, if no one buys the second one, well, all those millions you sold with your debut weren't fans, they were bandwagoners. We'll find out next album how many fans Meghan truly has.

FGGrayson

meh, she's boring af, nobody will remember ha in 10 years :later: 

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

FGGrayson

I didn't know that we had crazy defensive Meghan Trainer fans on ggd. 

go the chart section, they're there :murderga: and i know someone here that is really a hard die stan :lmao: 

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

go the chart section, they're there :murderga: and i know someone here that is really a hard die stan :lmao: 

ARTPOP: Track #14 :spook:

ThisGuyTony

This era was just the beginning.

Her next one will determine whether she is a force to be reckoned with!

So far everything seems to be going well for her. :) 

Archived