💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Adele becoming The Queen of Pop makes sense

Adelephant

Featured Posts

Teri Hatcher

AW HELL NAWL

first of all Adeles music is great and all but it's not "Pop" so don't even try 

Gaga is the current queen of pop. goodbye 

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Just came to say yay @ Goddess Utada Hikaru :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Teri Hatcher

It only makes sense for Gaga to be the queen of pop....she can do it all, sing in that traditional elegant way, but also put on a more energetic show. I think she is overall a more gifted performer...

TEA

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Evan Peters

selling albums + singles doesn't mean anything when you're not innovating. and she's not even pop :rip: 

emma roberts is an abuser

Teri Hatcher

selling albums + singles doesn't mean anything when you're not innovating. and she's not even pop :rip: 

TEA  

Riot Poof

There's loads of pop stars who can actually do this who don't get the same recognition as Adele. It doesn't explain Adele's success.

Loads of pop stars, loads of rock stars, loads of folk musicians, loads of R&B musicians, loads of jazz musicians...

Many people can capture the attention of most people with just a mic and a live band. Meanwhile, not a lot of people were doing what Madonna was doing when she was in her prime. :shrug:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

StrawberryBlond

First off, Adele isn't pop, she's neo-soul. Her music could never be considered pop, so that automatically discounts her from pop (some of these other women you listed aren't pop either). Adele won't even come close to selling 300 million records in her lifetime, so she'll never surpass Madonna in terms of sales. But she doesn't even have a hope in terms of cultural impact either. Adele's image is "real," ordinary, she's the everyday woman just being herself. You can't keep people entranced with that image forever because it gets boring. Artists like Madonna continued to remain successful over time because they changed, they offered more than a woman and a microphone. We like a spectacle, and she gives us that. Yes, in other cultures, the top selling female artists were maybe "real women" who sang about heartbreak, but different cultures want different things from music. Quite simply, I don't know if English speakers want a melancholy female singer to be their most successful.

It'll be a long time before we can work out if Adele stands a chance of even becoming one of the top ten bestselling females. It can take some artists 2 decades or more before they start getting titles like that. This is what I dislike about modern music culture - it's so overblown and people make wild predictions that are so unrealistic every time someone sells 5 million albums or more. They believe everyone who is ever successful maintains it forever or something.

Adele would not be considered pop though, unless you go by the old broad term of popular music. If Adele changed the pop brand of music, that would be interesting, but I do not see that happening. Music and popularity is vast and we always need those singer / dancers and fun entertainers. I do believe that Adele's success is a step forward for women as songwriters and natural singers, it needs to keep being in fashion and others, even our pop girls, should take note and strive higher with their abilities.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived