:

:

question

Will 25 outsell 1989 ?

Gagadisiak

Featured Posts

Whispering

hmmm, but her music was all over Youtube

hmmmm, that's not what your OP was about, now was it? 

Mobster

hmmmm, that's not what your OP was about, now was it? 

Yes, my OP was about suing anything remotely related to her music, e.g. Youtube videos (also wedding videos, that feature your song)... my OP was about comparing the sales with somewhat similar scenarios and the fact that Taylor Swift's album is/was for a long time only available through purchase does make a difference... 

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Redstreak

Yeah, it'd honestly be a bit weird if she didnt

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak

Yes, my OP was about suing anything remotely related to her music, e.g. Youtube videos (also wedding videos, that feature your song)... my OP was about comparing the sales with somewhat similar scenarios and the fact that Taylor Swift's album is/was for a long time only available through purchase does make a difference... 

can you list any actual instances of "suing"? Because as far as I've seen that has yet to happen

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

In the long run, very possibly but first week, I don't think so

who will love me when the night is over

Whispering

Your OP referenced the Spotify free service and that is the part of your comment I quoted and exactly what I responded to. Go back and look at which part of your OP that I quoted. 

Adele, like Taylor, both made the choice to keep their music off of the free tier of Spotify. Many other artist have done the same, including Beyoncé and Coldplay. 

Mobster

Your OP referenced the Spotify free service and that is the part of your comment I quoted and exactly what I responded to. Go back and look at which part of your OP that I quoted. 

Adele, like Taylor, both made the choice to keep their music off of the free tier of Spotify. Many other artist have done the same, including Beyoncé and Coldplay. 

I know and it's worked wonders for their sales :)

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Whispering

I know and it's worked wonders for their sales :)

I wish Gaga would do it! I've said this exact thing since I saw that artists were making this choice...and that was before 1989. Of course, there are artist who have made this choice and having faired as well, but still, it is a personal choice by artists and their teams. 

Whispering

In the long run, very possibly but first week, I don't think so

I agree with you...maybe. Lol 

Taylor has a long established history of excellent first week sales. I don't know if Adele has built up that kind of immediate fanbase, the kind that is watching for a release and feels that they have to get it the first week it is out. 

I think Adele will sell more worldwide in the long run, but a US sales winner is a toss up. There are so many factors here that we don't know and have yet to be played out. 

Archived