Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Demi Lovato - 'Confident' (album)

Paper Gangsta

Featured Posts

I was kinda sceptical regarding the album basing on the singles and some snippets, but I must admit Kingdom Come is great! The most powerful pop chorus I heard eversince Aura by Gaga

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RepentingSinner

Meh, for me this is a boring and repetitive album. There are some good songs like "Confident" and "Mr. Hughes". "Mr Hughes" give me slight Amy Winehouse vibes. Stars just reminds me of Madonna's "I Don't Give A". "Confident" sounds something like Britney Circus-Blackout ish.

FrankGutz

Confident song is sooo tragic :air:  

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Solitaire

Just listened to the whole album and tbh it didn't live up to my expectations; Cool For The Summer was a great new sound for her but the rest of the album just sounds like kinda try hard basic pop music tbh.

Father is a nice touching ballad though :love:

- Previously Sycothisis

Bleachella

i havent made it past lionheart because ive been listening to it on repeat for the past 2 hours :deadbanana:

lemme listen :green:

shaneybaby

I do not understand her direction with this album. its all over the place and I can't say I'm a fan of it whatsoever. I can see stars being a big summer radio song. wildfire sounds like a taylor swift knock off hardcore to me. the standout track to me was lionheart, its the only one i kinda liked. 

Squidward T

THE ONLY SONG I LIKE FROM THE WHOLE ALBUM IS LIONHEART. KINGDOM COME IS A BLATANT BLACK WIDOW RIP OFF, CTTS IS MEH, THE REST OF THE ALBUM IS FORGETTABLE AND STUFF Ive HEARD A THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE IMO. LIONHEART SHOULD BE A SINGLE. ID GIVE THE ALBUM A 6/10

Lion Heart

Rating each song based on 1st listen or so: 

Confident: 7/10 This sounds like something a FORMER BISEXUAL like Jessi J would sing. Typical generic pop song.

Cool for the Summer: 10/10 Song of the summer tbh fam. 

Old Ways: 6/10 I don't know.. it's not really terrible but this song follows the masterpiece that is CFTS and it sort of kills the vibe. No me gusta, might rate it lower as I re listen to the album.

For You: 9.5/10 I cried tbh. :giveup: I just feel like it's missing something. I can see this song being the penultimate song in her tour or something. 

Stone Cold: 6.510 For a song she's desperate for the Grammy committee to listen to, this song really doesn't stand out to me. I'll have to relisten. 

Kingdom Come: 8.5/10 Great pop song. The verses are GREAT. I need more of this kind of Demi. And Iggy's verse wasn't too bad either; she really fits in with the flow of the song. 

Waiting: 6/10 I forgot what it sounds like lol. All I know is that It wasn't that bad, it's literally forgettable though. 

Wildfire: 6.5/10 Another song to add to her list of generic pop ballads. I think 'Waiting' can go in here too.

Lionheart: 8.5/10 I really liked it. 

Yes: 7.5/10

Stars: 6.5/10 It's honestly not that bad. There's just something about it I don't like. It sounds a bit generic as well.

Mr. Hughes: 8/10 A pretty cool song. It reminds me a bit of a song she did back from her 1st album "Behind Enemy Lines."

Overall I'd say it's an improvement from her previous album "Demi," but she still retains some of that generic-pop-ballad-Lovato that we've seen since her 2nd album. I wish she had more songs like CFTS. 7/10  

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

Also I keep noticing that Demi keeps BOMBING with her 2nd single. From her 2nd album "December" really never took off (but then again she was on Disney so w/e). From her 3rd album "Who's that Boy" tanked. From her 4th album "Made in the USA" flopped, but at least it's VEVO certified. And from this 5th album "Confident" fell off the charts already; it may make a comeback thanks to the MV but I don't see that going anywhere.

But I do have to give her and her team credit for finding a way to stretch out an era for like 2 years. For some artists their era ends within a few months. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

a strong album from Demi.

overall, I think it is a great effort and an interesting insight to where artists in pop music industry maybe heading.

standout tracks: Stone Cold, Kingdom Come, Lionheart (a lot of tracks are forgettable)

Versace

Also I keep noticing that Demi keeps BOMBING with her 2nd single. From her 2nd album "December" really never took off (but then again she was on Disney so w/e). From her 3rd album "Who's that Boy" tanked. From her 4th album "Made in the USA" flopped, but at least it's VEVO certified. And from this 5th album "Confident" fell off the charts already; it may make a comeback thanks to the MV but I don't see that going anywhere.

But I do have to give her and her team credit for finding a way to stretch out an era for like 2 years. For some artists their era ends within a few months. 

Lol , from her third album the second single was Give Your Heart A Break and in some places it did better than Skyscraper , sold 3X Platinum making it her 2nd best selling after Heart Attack which sold more than it by a bit. 

chromaticka

Confident: 8/10

Cool for The Summer: 8.5/10

Old Ways: 9.5/10

For You: 7.5

Stone Cold: 9/10

Kingdom Come: 8/10

Waiting for You: 8/10

Wild Fire: 8.5/10

Lionheart: 8/10

Yes: 7/10

Father: 8/10

Stars: 7.5/10

Mr. Hughes: 9/10

Demi was coming for blood when she delivered this album. WOW, I am still in shock from how much this album awed me. I honestly thought my reaction was going to be like it was for 'Revival', but nope. Every song was fantastic, her vocals were on point in every single word, the production was amazing. She has a direction with this album and she followed it and got to her destination, giving us this almost flawless album. From Confident all the way to Mr. Hughes she starts with a message and keeps it through out the album. My favorite song was Old Ways, the beat, the vocals, everything about it, hoping it'll be released as a single. I can proudly say that this will be the first Demi album I will have in my phone in complete. Good job, Demi.

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

Archived