💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Raven-Symone won't hire people with certain names

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

post-59976-Meryl-Streep-Jennifer-Lopez-c

I support this for a world with less tacky names, even if hers is pretty tacky too.

What may seem 'tacky' to you may mean the world to someone else. Judging someone based on their name is beyond... I don't even have words to describe how disrespectful and close minded that is. 

I'm ashamed to have been a fan of hers. Why are most celebrities who consider themselves to be a part of the LGBTQ+ community so ignorant? :noparty: 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alcina Dimitrescu

What a may seem 'tacky' to you may mean the world to someone else. Judging someone based on their name is beyond... I don't even have words to describe how disrespectful and close minded that is.

Indeed. You're doing an awful thing by doing this to me but i forgive you.

artRaver

People shouldn't take things said jokingly on a talk show as their true and thought out word. If it was written or in an interview? Sure. But this is just a slip up during conversation that everybody does. Now she'll have to write some apology so people stop giving her death threats. 

Edit: And now everyone is this thread is saying their heart is broken, how she's racist, or how their entire perception on her has changed. Jesus people, don't put unrealistic standards on others just because they're famous and don't let little accidents in conversation dictate whether someone is a 'racist' or not. Calm down. 

What she said jokingly or not was disrespectful. Although you may disagree since you probably don't have to deal with those issues! She shows many signs of internalized-racism, but think whatever you want.:dead:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Indeed. You're doing an awful thing by doing this to me but i forgive you.

NOOO, I wasn't talking about you!! I was talking about Raven and just happened to quote you to say that I disagree with the 'world without tacky names' part. Sorry, if it came across like I was talking about or coming at you. :hug: 

TimisaMonster

So Bonequesha and Listerne can't get jobs! :omg:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Whoopi looks like her soul was just sucked out and started ascending to heaven.

I understand why she would say that, a "black" sounding name may be viewed as unprofessional. A name does not make a person, a name is chosen before they can even talk. All the women I have met who have names like that are very hard working and intelligent. They all said the same thing - they didn't want their name to define them they wanted their work ethic and talent to define them. Some even use more average sounding names for work that I know - similar to how Kelly Rowlands real name is Kelendria. Name prejudice is so weird, honestly I like when people have weird names though because I can remember them, if you're name is Fumnaya I'm way more likely to remember you than if your name is Jessica - in business I feel like that would be a good tactic to use so clients remember you and your company as opposed to John Doe.

I'm ranting now, oh well. TL;DR Name prejudice sucks ass.

Kulture Kiari

I'm sorry,  but does this jerk think she is white Barbie living in a pink convertible?  :awkney: I feel offended that she can be so rude to her own race.  I am Hispanic,  and we also have a sh*tload of racism and stereotype comments in my country.  And whenever I see someone from my own race be as rude like that to someone else or to me,  I make sure to clock them back.  There is already enough racism and stereotypes to treat people within our own race like that.  I mean,  racism and stereotypes shouldn't even exist ffs. We are all humans aiming for the same goal: to survive while being happy!  Why the need to put others down?  

Morphine Prince

Wow, what a moron. She's lucky she's rich and famous because she probably would NOT get hired with that hair!

She looks like a watermelon herself.

I brushed off some things she said in the past because she had a point (although not obvious) in the things she said but this is just pure idiocy. 

What a fool. 

Dramatica

If the race equality didn't happen, she would probably be a child of a slave right now.

8b9AGdv.gif

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Warholian

What she said jokingly or not was disrespectful. Although you may disagree since you probably don't have to deal with those issues! She shows many signs of internalized-racism, but think whatever you want.:dead:

So because someone's not black they may not find racist comments disrespectful? Obviously it was disrespectful, but my point is that it was a comment that shouldn't be taken seriously, or at least as serious as everyone here is apparently taking it (calling her moronic, a moron, a jerk, ignorant, brainless, saying she's broke their heart, etc). And what other comments has she made that have been controversial about race other than her saying she doesn't consider herself African American? Even then, that comment wasn't out of self-hatred, but just her saying she wouldn't consider herself African as she does American, a concept I'd personally would agree with.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

I would like to hear this video in full context please..... Tired people passing these snippets as facts.

:trollga:

RAMROD

It is ironic, it is as if she forgot who she is?

I mean, what does African names have to do with work performance from someone?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TimisaMonster

Listerne has a job working in my mouth :spook:

Mylanta helped my stomach...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived