review

Vanity Fair: "AHS - Hotel isn't trash, it's GARBAGE"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

DrewStevens

Murder and torture in media, they're both really widespread as it is and there is nothing that can be done about them, sadly. However, if you think that media being in an already bad shape because of murder, torture, s-x, d--gs etc. Is an excuse to make it even worse by also making rape popular, your post doesn't make any sense.

I never said it was good to glamorize violence, but if you enjoyed the show before the scene then you are part of the problem. If you enjoyed the music videos of Telephone and Paparazzi, you are part of the problem. You have as an avi a woman with blood on her chest, how is that not glamorizing violence?

My post make sense, what doesn't make sense is the hypocrisy of complaining about the rape scene but still watch a show where people die in horrible ways and support a pop star who likes to "glamorize" murders in her music videos.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can put it however you want, it is still wrong.

I'm pretty sure we all know how disgusting rape is, we don't need visual representations left and right to remind us constantly and maybe even encourage/push the wicked enough people to do it, however.

it wasn't laaaahv

Morphine Prince

I'm pretty sure we all know how disgusting rape is, we don't need visual representations left and right to remind us constantly and maybe even encourage/push the wicked enough people to do it, however.

It's TV. It is a horror show. I don't think people enjoy these scenes. It's meant to make you uncomfortable. 

Plus, 

ktvb-tv-ma.jpg

you're being hypocritical... Just cuz violence and murder has been in the media a long time doesn't make it okay but when rape is portrayed it so wrong cuz it's rising in media depiction. Furthermore, murder and violence is disgusting too and we don't need visual representations of that either. Fact of the matter it's not the presence of murder/violence/rape that should be an issue but the message it gives off... And trust me there is nothing glamorous about yesterday's rape scene

I never said it was good to glamorize violence, but if you enjoyed the show before the scene then you are part of the problem. If you enjoyed the music videos of Telephone and Paparazzi, you are part of the problem. You have as an avi a woman with blood on her chest, how is that not glamorizing violence?

My post make sense, what doesn't make sense is the hypocrisy of complaining about the rape scene but still watch a show where people die in horrible ways and support a pop star who likes to "glamorize" murders in her music videos.

Honey, using my avi as an argument to prove me a hypocrite is silly. I'm sure you're well aware that I'm using the avi for the woman herself, not the blood on her chest, but of course you wouldn't let the chance of having an extra argument against what I've said, no matter how silly it may be, slip by. :kissga:

I've seen enough AHS to know what it is all about, and I've always had mixed feelings about it - I never agreed with or enjoyed any of the graphically explicit content. But the actors have been/are absolutely talented. Their talent is what has made me watch AHS, and this time around, Gaga is amkimg me, and not the absurd content.

it wasn't laaaahv

Harry

This is from Vanity Fair as well, a respected publication :lmao:

I mean at least they liked Gaga but the whole article is still an absolute mess.

you're being hypocritical... Just cuz violence and murder has been in the media a long time doesn't make it okay but when rape is portrayed it so wrong cuz it's rising in media depiction. Furthermore, murder and violence is disgusting too and we don't need visual representations of that either. Fact of the matter it's not the presence of murder/violence/rape that should be an issue but the message it gives off... And trust me there is nothing glamorous about yesterday's rape scene

I think you should re-read my previous posts, I didn't say violence is okay and that it ain't disgusting. I said it is widespread as it is and not much can be done about it. Rape scenes however are becoming a trend lately where they weren't before. We have violence and lots of other negative stuff already, we don't need to add rape in there as well .

it wasn't laaaahv

gagzus

This is from Vanity Fair as well, a respected publication :lmao:

I mean at least they liked Gaga but the whole article is still an absolute mess.

Media is jumping on the tumblr SJW trend that's why, the complaint about the campness, apparent "joke" about gay rape and the complaining about the white male main actors is literally the most transparent evidence.

The media is utter garbage now, never mind the show, since 2012 media tries to follow the trends set by 15-16 year olds it's a goddamn mess

Harry

I haven't seen it yet but I will add that rape scenes are becoming a new trend in media and it isn't healthy. Rape is a tragedy, not something that should be glamorized and used for 'dramatic, gritty plot settings" and such.

I'm also worried about what impact this will have on Gaga herself. Sure, she is totally unrelated with said scene but she was part of the episode and well, she just released TIHTY, ffs...

I'm getting so bored of reading this ****. HOW can you possibly be upset about a rape scene when there is murder and blood flying around every other scene? Drew is absolutely right in his replies to you.

Both rape and murder are horrific. And that's the point. Do you know what the show is called? The clue's in the title. It's not supposed to be glamorous and pretty, it's horrible, disturbing and wrong. That's the whole point. How can you possibly be alright with an avatar of a character who has just murdered innocent people and literally has their blood smeared across her body but complain about a rape scene?

Desperado

Close this ****, what is the idea to have such a negative thread on here, specially when theres another thread for reviews

Harry

I think you should re-read my previous posts, I didn't say violence is okay and that it ain't disgusting. I said it is widespread as it is and not much can be done about it. Rape scenes however are becoming a trend lately where they weren't before. We have violence and lots of other negative stuff already, we don't need to add rape in there as well .

Sexual violence and rape have been present in horror for decades. Because it is horrible. You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Where were all of y'all who are disgusted by the representation of violence in pop culture when many of Gaga's videos premiered?

"Paparazzi" - Could be taken as attempted rape, also. Murder...twice.

"Bad Romance" -  women as s-x slaves. Also, murder. 

"Telephone" - lots and lots of murder. 

"Alejandro" - just flat out provocative in general with the s-x and mixture of religious controversy. 

"Do What U Want" - had it premiered, I doubt that many of you would be so against it. I mean, you'd be cautious about it because of how damaging it'd be to Gaga's image at the time, but that would probably be hailed with higher importance than the main issue.

:reductive2:

Morphine Prince

Close this ****, what is the idea to have such a negative thread on here, specially when theres another thread for reviews

It's more of a comedic thread. This review is so laughable. No one will take this seriously. 

Archived