💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Azealia Banks calls out Nicki

Guggenheim

Featured Posts

retroglamx

Well, she's definitely right but come on, she's like the Wendy Williams of twitter. She hates everyone.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloZell Green

It's about time that she gets hit with some sense. Can we get this and tamer attitudes for her future eras :proud: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

badgalriri

Azalea is right and i've always felt this way. She's being dramatic over a fukin VMA. thats so embarrassing. She needs to drop this already it's honestly not that serious

AlexanderLevi2

I can see her angle.

Her past thoughts make not care.

Currently listening to Joanne

Phoenix

I can't stand this woman, but she is spilling the hot tea right there. Like everything she said here is on point. 

tumblr_inline_nbbnqtshCH1rv5dn6.gif

💎

pie-kun

I agree with Azealia here. If you objectively look at the winners and nominees for the VMA Video of the Year over the past 15 years, you are hard-pressed to find evidence of racism against African-Americans there. Nicki's attempt to make this whole issue about race and gender came across as self-serving in the most nauseating way. 

SlayedForTheGod

nicki has been woke about all this stuff. apparently AB doesnt stalk her twitter enough. she has constantly spoken out about this kind of stuff even before the miley thing.

SissyFromSpace

Azealia Banks Critiques Nicki Minaj, Rides For Lil’ Kim - 

This morning, Nicki Minaj had social media on fire thank to a New York Times Magazine story where she took Miley Cyrus to task for cultural appropriation. Of course, Azealia Banks chimed in, and it was to question Minaj’s motives and say it isn’t just a race thing. 

https://twitter.com/AZEALIABANKS/status/651777419020374016?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

According to Banks, Minaj is being hypocritical when she’s complaining about images of skinny women in videos, versus voluptuous women, since she used to “skinny.” It was only through alleged “enhancements,” that Minaj joined team thicky thick.

“I wish Nic would stop trying to turn this Miley thing into a race issue cuz she was mute about cultural approp. until she became ‘victim,'” said Banks via Twitter. “Plus how u gonna complain about a video with skinny women when ur body is enhanced .. You too were once a skinny woman.”

Banks herself recently got a boob job, but thinks Nicki’s modified ideal isn’t fair to those without the coin to buy it if they don’t have it naturally.

She added, “I am a skinny black woman. Not every black woman can afford enhancements so it’s not fair to other girls to make it about that.”

Banks went further by bringing Lil’ Kim into the equation. Commenting on how Nicki came for the Queen Bee “viciously” but has been more passive aggressive  or “cordial and thoughtful” with the “white chix” (read: Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, et. al).

See how it all plays out below and on the following pages. Think Azealia Banks has a valid point?

Let us know what you think in the comments

- See more at: http://hiphopwired.com/2015/10/07/azealia-banks-critiques-nicki-minaj-rides-for-lil-kim/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#sthash.iRaIWeq9.dpuf

:applause:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Whispering

What did Nicki say about Miley? Anyone have the part of The Times Magazine article where Nicki talked about Miley? 

Archived