đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AHS: Hotel - Ratings Discussion Thread (Finale - 2.25M)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

monketsharona
On 3/12/2015 22:46:24, Aura Veil said:

I blame Wes Bentley.

middle-finger-rage-face.gif

I blame it on how his character is written. I'm not the only one to say this, he's the most boring character and they are too much focusing on him. That's the biggest mistake to me.

Hopefully after what happened in episode 8, his character will be more interesting and other actors like Angela Bassett, Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson will grow in screen time. Episode 8 wasn't the best for sure, but it's definitely a turning point in the season, after this one I'm pretty sure things will go faster and other stories will get bigger (Valentino and his wife, Ramona and Donovan's revenge, Iris and Liz plans to leave the Cortez, the mystery around the kids, the Countess wedding, the TCK's last two victims and so on...). 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

I will share my very unpopular opinion concerning ratings (at least amongst Monsters) but if they want good ratings they need to bring back Jessica Lange next season...

Not saying Lady Gaga is responsible of the ratings drop because she has a quite good reception amongst AHS fans, but Jessica Lange was the show. And her absence don't help. And even if I love Gaga I miss Jessica Lange more than anything else.

I'm not saying Gaga need to disappear from AHS, on the contrary I want her back but I want Lange back too.

ViviLittleM

FX’s “American Horror Story: Hotel” suffered another round of live+same-day losses in adults 18-49 and total viewership.

This week’s episode thus set new season lows in both columns.

In addition to resulting in a live+same-day season low, this week’s loss also knocked “American Horror Story” from the top spot on the nightly cable chart. “Hotel” typically ranks as Wednesday’s #1 original cable program in A18-49; this week’s episode, however, settled for #2. “South Park” won the night with a 1.12 rating.

ViviLittleM

While many will dwell on the live+same-day decline, it is worth noting that “Hotel” continues to enjoy massive gains from time-shifted viewership.

And even prior to those DVR gains, “Hotel” still ranks as one of cable television’s top shows. Its live+same-day ratings may be low by its own standard, but they compare very favorably to the rest of television.

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

While many will dwell on the live+same-day decline, it is worth noting that “Hotel” continues to enjoy massive gains from time-shifted viewership.

And even prior to those DVR gains, “Hotel” still ranks as one of cable television’s top shows. Its live+same-day ratings may be low by its own standard, but they compare very favorably to the rest of television.

AHS is still FX most popular show... even with that drop it wouldn't be in danger...

We shouldn't care to much about ratings especially knowing the show is already renewed..

ViviLittleM
3 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

AHS is still FX most popular show... even with that drop it wouldn't be in danger...

We shouldn't care to much about ratings especially knowing the show is already renewed..

Only 4 episodes left anyway. 1 before the break. Praying that it won't be lower than 2m tho.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

Only 4 episodes left anyway. 1 before the break. Praying that it won't be lower than 2m tho.

Yeah and like I said elsewhere the ratings of season 5 doesn't mean next season won't get better ratings like all AHS seasons are very different...

Though I think next season they should bring back a lot of former cast members (Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts)... And getting rid of Wes Bentley :yay: 

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived