đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

opinion

This guy went to the premiere. Here's what he had to say.

asana15

Featured Posts

Dominic

Sounds promising but I will have to judge for myself.  I have a feeling it is going to be actually quite disturbing this season which contrasts to a lot of the teasers we have seen. I can't wait, it lacked the horror part to it's name with Coven and FS. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

Sure, it's inevitable that a rape scene would appear since its been in every season, but you have to be pretty sick to sit there and say "Oo yay, a rape scene!! Love it". Every single detail in the scene would have been considered to make it feel more uncomfortable. Down to the colours used, and camera angles. Cinematography is definitely meant to make you feel a certain way. If it's really well done, it should be able to take a harmless scene and make you feel certain ways without you explaining it, if this makes sense? 

Murder can also be incredibly disturbing, I personally cringe at throat slitting (which probably will happen) which also happens in every season. Also if there are organs and sh!t everywhere, but i mean, that's meant to be gross right? That's the whole point. We should be able to discuss the reasons behind why we feel different ways towards different things. Some are immune, some are not, which doesn't make it any less weird. The topic at hand was rape, which is why it was discussed, not murder.

With personal experience, that's a danger zone so let's not assume anything and call people weird for overreacting when we don't know anything about them first hand. You're definitely right, it can be a trigger. 

I get what you are trying to say and I appreciate it, as it might come from someone who has seen a lot or horror. For me, I have also seen a lot of horror but for some reason, rape just gets to me. My friends will actually tell you that I react very strange to a rape scene. Some fans have avoided horror for so long but want to watch it because it's Gaga to support her, which I think is amazing. They may be disturbed at more. Literally everything affects people differently and especially for a show like AHS, talking about fears and disturbances should be encouraged (especially on a forum).

I know it's disturbing, hence the reason I said it's disturbing and uncomfortable and it's fine to feel that way lol. Where did I say everyone has to love watching the rape scene? I literally never said that you shouldn't feel uncomfortable, I said quite the opposite. Actual quote from my post: "it is meant to be uncomfortable"... so idk what you think I was saying to make you retort with an essay about how disturbing it all is lol.

All I was saying that people seemed genuinely surprised and shocked that it's gonna happen. If you're surprised that rape will be featured in Hotel then you've probably never watched AHS before... that's it.

Archived