question

Rate: Madonna - Hard Candy

Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

In 1)Production 2)Melodies 3)Lyrics 4)Uniqueness

My rating:

1)8,5 tbh It's quite simple but it's pretty nice and brilliant at parts

2)8 I really like most of the melodies..There are a couple of mediocre melodies though

3)7,5 The lyrics are also very simple but I really like them (I always like Madonna's lyrics) but Spanish Lesson is hideous..

4)7 It has a Madonna sound that nobody else has but it's not really unique tbh

It's a pretty underrated album and it's really fun and has some great songs in it but it's not really deep or anything really new (for 2008)

Fiona Apple

Better than MDNA and Rebel Heart (combined probably too) 

I agree that it's better than both.Not sure if it's better than both combined though

Iwontell

The problem to me is that it came right after COADF, which was so big commercially and critically and had had such a presence in my life already...so at the time it seemed bad for me and it's an impression that's hard to shake off...nowadays I find it pretty average, but it has a couple of songs I really enjoy...I think it's on the same level as MDNA, while Rebel Heart is much better.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

1) 8 - The Pharrell tracks sound really unique and inspired. The Timbaland tracks are solid but don't really stand out from his previous stuff.

2)7 - Some good melodies and some weaker ones, just okay.

3)7 - Pretty straightforward Madonna lyrics. Some tracks about love and dance but quite a few about betrayal. A marriage in trouble/pre-divorce album as it would be official 6 months later. 

4)7 - Manages to sound somewhat unique considering every other song on the radio at the time was produced by Pharrell or Timbaland.

1) 7 I like how some tracks like She's Not Me and Incredible start one way and end completely different. Pharrell's tracks are very him, he's a bit of a one trick poney but he does the job. Overall it's average but way cleaner than MDNA and Rebel Heart.

2) 7 There are really good melodies like Heartbeat and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You but some really really bad ones like Incredible and Dance Tonight.

3) 6 Most lyrics are really bad. Incredible, Dance Tonight, SPANISH LESSON (she's not even translating it right lol). Rebel Heart has way better lyrics.

4) 6 I think it's the last album that sounds like a proper Madonna album even though the quality dropped significantly from COADF. The Timbaland sound was already saturated by then.

barcodemonster

I'll just pretend this is a Hard Candy appreciation thread and say I love it! 

Candy Shop, Give it 2 Me, and Miles Away are songs I play almost every day 

scan my barcode

Well it's better than confessions on a dancefloor and severely underrated (imo obv).

Incredible and She's not me still exceed most other artists' in their creativity :shrug: 

Archived