💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Rolling Stone: Gaga defining artist of 10s, 2010 cover "iconic"

yASSsss

Featured Posts

I'm confused, where does it say she was THE artist of the 2010's? I see a picture of her in the 10's but thats it. 

Same. I don't mean to be negative, but did Rolling Stone actually say Gaga was THE defining artist of the 10s or are we just being over the top and setting ourselves up for embarrassment when RS corrects us? 

Either way, it's great that they chose a pic of her for the 10s. :legend:

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question was who the defining artist of the 1990s was. Nirvana, grunge culture, and grunge rock fell out of fashion by around 1995, while Madonna held onto the changing culture and embodied it. I'm not a fan of Madonna at all and I agree that Cobain redefined rock entirely as a genre but if you asked me who embodied the entire decade better I'd say Madonna. 

You act like grunge and alt rock just up and disappeared suddenly in 1995 when that is clearly not true. Nirvana had far reaching effects up into landfill indie of the 00s. When people stereotypically retrospect the 90s they're more likely going to go with flannel and Nirvana rather than whatever Madonna was doing in the 90s. Madonna's image is more associated with the 80s. 

Katsuki Bakugo

Saw this on ATRL, lord were her dedicated haters fuming. :reductive2:

Congrats to Gaga. :applause: 

They give me joy in their seething. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Bad Bromance

Madonna should probably be put in the 90s while MJ should be in the 80s. Kurt Cobain may've inspired a generation of youth but his impact on 90s culture didn't even last half of the decade. 

Madonna made more of an impact in the 80s than she did in the 90s.  Kurt Cobain and Nirvana were responsible for the grunge/alternative rock music scene that exploded in 1991 as a result of their sophomore album Nevermind. 

Nirvana made cardigan sweaters, light blue jeans, and flannels a fashion craze that lasted well into 1997!  Now, those fashions weren't as strong in 1997 as they were through 1995 but people were still making references to grunge fashion in the late 90s.

Alternative/grunge became mainstream thanks to Nirvana.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Bad Bromance

On topic:  I'm so happy for Gaga and the fact that she is being recognized for her talent and her contributions to the music industry.   :legend:   :gaga:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Ferrer Zorola

who else could have been? :lolly:
Katy Perry?, Taylor Swift?, Miley Cyrus?, NICKI MINAJ? doubt it :lolly:

LIFE IS GOOD

Bradley

On topic:  I'm so happy for Gaga and the fact that she is being recognized for her talent and her contributions to the music industry.   :legend:   :gaga:

Bad Bromance is on the list is what I thought at first :derpga:

• Admin changed the title to Rolling Stone: Gaga defining artist of 10s, 2010 cover "iconic"
Katsuki Bakugo

Madonna made more of an impact in the 80s than she did in the 90s.  Kurt Cobain and Nirvana were responsible for the grunge/alternative rock music scene that exploded in 1991 as a result of their sophomore album Nevermind. 

Nirvana made cardigan sweaters, light blue jeans, and flannels a fashion craze that lasted well into 1997!  Now, those fashions weren't as strong in 1997 as they were through 1995 but people were still making references to grunge fashion in the late 90s.

Alternative/grunge became mainstream thanks to Nirvana.

And now that fashion has returned... thank god I stocked up

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

I feel like only a predominantly gay pop music forum would suggest that Britney Spears and Madonna had more impact than Eminem and Nirvana in those respective decades lmao

Archived