💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5: Critical or Commercial Success?

Harry

Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?

Featured Posts

Zsolti

i dont care for critics, and neither should anyone else

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Desperado

None.

Let's just wait, then you all wont be disappointed 

Guggenheim

The poll is so close, which means people are being honest, I'm impressed!

I expected everyone to run in here pretentiously shouting "critical acclaim!!111!!!" when they know damn well they'll be perched on kworb and the itunes chart

Thomas P

Commercial success means a larger exposure of her image, message, and lyrics to the public. Critical success means, well... not a whole lot, and probably not a whole lot to Gaga either.

And to everyone saying critical success means better music none of Gaga's albums have been seriously critically acclaimed other than Cheek to Cheek. The average is a solid 70. Majorly, the music that a Lady Gaga fan is going to call incredible would seem subpar or lowbrow to music critics.

who needs them anyway

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

bradshaw

One of the main reasons why ARTPOP "flopped" was because of the media/critic backlash. If LG5 received the same treatment I don't know how you guys would react. That's why I think it's safe to assume that if Gaga received critical acclaim then success would naturally follow.

I believe Gaga will receive both next era though. :whitney:

i caught your fever, i'll be feeling it forever

TerrenceV2

What kind of polarizing slay this fanbase is :toofunny:

plzJC6e.png

playground love - josef salvat

scorpion

critical: Because no artist should ever dictate their music based on commercial success. Though we know that isnt the reality.... Gaga would want it this way. And her BEST work is always the original ideas that are hers from the start. None of this water down **** to appeal to the masses....

Think of I wanna be with you.... Brooklyn Nights... Nothing on but the radio....Quicksand... Scheisse ( complete gibersh but original and brilliant) .... the list goes on. 

Naufri

Commercial with mixed critics. A critical backlash right now would mean a commercial failure for Gaga. If the reviews are mixed, and she can reach a metascore near 70, and the singles are creative and catchy, a good commercial performance is on lock.

Gaga Monster

Commercial Success = Bigger tours, more promo, bragging rights, bigger fan base, could potentially lead to critical acclaim

Critical Acclaim = nothing

GGD Presidential Elections

VforVendetta

You're calling me a cry baby? Are we in kindergarten? :smh:

No, only you are, or at least you act like that.

MonsterOfSpain

Obviously commercial success is way more important, I couldn't care less about what a bunch of bandwagon critics say.

Archived