Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5: Critical or Commercial Success?

Harry

Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?

Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dorothy Gale

Commercial tbh, I rarely agree with critics, and I want to see Gaga slay on a large scale and not with a selection of snobby music critics. 

Arizona Sky

COMMERCIAL OBVIOUSLY!!! I can't at all the people saying critical like WAKE UP guys!!!!! This time around she NEEDS commercial success! The GP doesn't know you without commercial success, if she doesn't have it, they wouldn't hear the amazing work she's done! That's the whole reason she became a singer anyway, to inspire people!!!! She can't achieve that without commercial success! I can care less about what meta critic score she gets because I know in my heart Gaga will never disappoint me! This time around I want a strong comeback!!! It's been on my mind ever since the ARTPOP era ended and it's bugging me nuts! I just f****ing want her to go out there and show the world who she really is and remind everyone she is still here!!!!! 

I don't a SH!T about what music critics have to say. Gimme a bop or more that people will be bumpin' 20 years from now ala Bohemian Rhapsody or California Love 

While a highly critical reception is nice, it's still purely subjective and people's opinions. High commercial success is NOT subjective, so I'd rather she sell boatloads.

giskardsb

pop fans are the only musical fan bases that seem to value being part of a large, "in" group, and wanting to be part of a super popular pop culture movement.   I know of no other genre where fans sit around worrying about how much money their favorites are making, arguing about sales numbers, or comparing their favorites on anything other than artistic merits.  It's really odd to me.  

TimisaMonster

If LG5 is a smash hit yet critics hated it, people won't care what they said cuz the album would be doing so well...

However, if LG5 got rave reviews yet no hits and another flop era...it won't matter if she gets 100 great reviews...charts hold more ground than opinions on musical taste

I'm here for LG5 being a commercial hit and obviously Gag is too...why else work so hard to change her image, go back to doing a dark album, and work with RedOne? Girl wants a hit and I don't blame her...we all want her to take 2016 by storm! :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Commercially successful, because I'm sure I will like the album regardless of what the critics think. Their opinions just don't hold much weight with me. There tends to be a snobbery about pop music in the industry, so I'm not expecting anything more than 70 on metacritic anyway. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

If it were any other situation, I'd say critical. That reflects on what people think of the music itself. Not all the jazz that comes with it.

But I'm gonna go with commercial for LG5. Just to put the "Gaga is over." "WHAT IF IT FLOPS AND HER CAREER IS OVER?" "The GP don't know her anymore :(" claims to rest. I'm sick of seeing all that s--t by people who don't understand that one album which underperformed is not to say she is over. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

SlaeUrAnus

Commercial.

It means more money for eccentric outfits, performance sets, tours etc. I'd rather sacrifice critical success for LG5 to be honest. 

Mainstream fans and the GP do not care about critics and their opinions. If Gaga does a highly praised album, but flops, she will get dragged to the pits and back. 

I am not here for that again.

In my messy era.

PrinceGaga

Both would be amazing but if I had to choose, I would go commercial! This girl as so much to give. I'm excited :wao: 

Archived