đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG5: Critical or Commercial Success?

Harry

Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Commercial or Critical Success for LG5?

Featured Posts

The Fame Monster had both?:smh:

Because why choose one, if you can have both?:air:

Sigh, there's always one. Read the damn OP

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss

i'm obsessed with charts and numbers,so i'll go with commercial success this time :hunty: 

although i'm sure it'll be a hit among critics too 

tumblr_nun87bCqyC1qcgl1no1_500.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Critical. The decline in Gaga's quality/critical acclaim over the years is sad, so I'd like to see her rejuvenate her talents and serve some GOOD music again.

Critical is always a + for sustainability and memorability too. It works both ways but the chances of getting both forms of success is to focus on the critical side of things and let the rest happen.

ARTPOP underperfomed, everyone called it a flop and it didn't even get one NOMINATION at the grammys. That was a first for a gaga album  so whoever thinks that a "flop" album doesn't affect critics, awards etc is only fooling themselves.

Gaga needs commercial success, period.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I would rather have critical acclaim than commercial success.  You can have commercial success and no critical acclaim, but if LG5 indeed gets a 90 score, there's no way in hell it's going to free fall from the top spot.  If critically it is GOOD MUSIC, it will also have commercial success. 

I would love to have both, but its rare for any artist (nowadays) to achieve that. Well, that is apart from Taylor Swift. Anyway, if I had to choose I would have to go with Commercial. Gaga really needs a good commercial album to catapult her back to the top. Plus the best aspect of a commercial album is having the funding to make the album after it really huge. Better sounding music, more lavish music videos. 

Archived