other

Azealia Banks + her Social Media posts

Jase

Featured Posts

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riot Poof

She's saying that slurs don't bother her, but she seemed very bothered when gay guys called her misogynistic slurs.

The only reasonable argument in her favor that I could think of is that she was pointing out how gay guys seem to get a pass at saying those slurs. Misogyny in the gay guy community is a problem, but I disagree with the way she discussed it. I also disagree with her belittling those offended by slurs. Slurs still carry hateful connotations, especially when expressed in a negative way.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Whispering

Welcome to the GayGayGay fellow clan members :awkney:

In all honesty, can someone get her some help please? Acting like this can't just be the result of a bad attitude. There has to be something wrong with her...

She has a bad attitude that is amplified when she is challenged on her racist and homophobic language. There isn't a magic pill for her personality disorder...that would take years to change, and she would have to be willing to change and do the work. That's probably not going to happen, since she has support on social media from a few stans. 

UC PiXELVISION

At least Waldo showed up. He's very famous and can be hard to find. 

AND HIS GIRLFRIEND OH MY GODDDD

At least Waldo showed up. He's very famous and can be hard to find. 

That was hours after she canceled because she wouldn't make it in time.

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Alcina Dimitrescu

*Pretty AB spends over a year discussing race issues, whilst talking to and supporting her LGBT fans*
"Omg will she shut up? Like... I know I'm white but things aren't even that bad? Everyone is like colour blind now, there isn't a problem. She's just jealous that a white woman can get credit too? She's so sad and pressed like get over it. Also, all this bussy boy stuff? So gross... ew, talk about stereotypes. I hope she dies."

*Pretty AB drops a few slurs*
"Racism is very well alive. Azealia has done nothing but be racist to everyone. I can't believe what a racist she is. She is the biggest homophobe I know, she has done nothing for the community. I don't understand how anyone can support this trash. I hope she dies."

Things have changed soooo much

LNpycCR.gif

well, not really. At least in my case what bothered me is that she talked about Iggy as if she was literally the cause of the existance of racism, when at worst she had some accidental racist preconceptions (that she apologized for and that Azealia fans brought up eaaaach time)

On the meanwhile Iggy's career died down, yet Azealia got worst to the point she insulted the people that were supporting her and to make matters worse these attempts to come off as a badass no **** giving b---h are just backfiring because when you talk too much about an something, unless you're like being interviewed and asked about it, you obviously care.

It's annoying because she is a superior musician but what little reputation she still has comes from fighting through the internet

(Sorry Lance- I tried to remove the quote but couldn't. Empty notification. :emo:)

Because the three stans wouldn't stop b---hing about it

Were you behind the scenes reading reports? Did you make a contribution to the conversation we had about it in Modland?

Multiple threads were being made about the same general thing- Azealia having a meltdown on Twitter.
Azealia is popping off more frequently than Taylor is inviting people on stage for her tour, and all those threads were focused on something rude AB said, which lead to a bunch of threads with a very disappointing (but not unexpected) tone.

We don't need to log in and see five different threads about Azealia's bitterness in the "Hot Topics" section, nor do we need a "New Content" feed that revolves around Azealia's need for psychological help. 

It wasn't just "three stans" who were "b---hing" about it - Azealia haters were annoyed too. And some mods were independently thinking a centralized thread would also help. 

Please don't make assumptions.

(Sorry Lance- I tried to remove the quote but couldn't. Empty notification. :emo:)

Were you behind the scenes reading reports? Did you make a contribution to the conversation we had about it in Modland?

Multiple threads were being made about the same general thing- Azealia having a meltdown on Twitter.
Azealia is popping off more frequently than Taylor is inviting people on stage for her tour, and all those threads were focused on something rude AB said, which lead to a bunch of threads with a very disappointing (but not unexpected) tone.

We don't need to log in and see five different threads about Azealia's bitterness in the "Hot Topics" section, nor do we need a "New Content" feed that revolves around Azealia's need for psychological help. 

It wasn't just "three stans" who were "b---hing" about it - Azealia haters were annoyed too. And some mods were independently thinking a centralized thread would also help. 

The Taylor comment was unessesary but okay, fine

who will love me when the night is over

Educate ha! 

the irony :proud:

I don't really too much care what you have to say to me at this point. 

Stop quoting me. 

The Taylor comment was unessesary but okay, fine

It wasn't a diss on Taylor at all. If she was inviting people on stage as much as Banks was popping off, we'd end up making a centralized thread for those too. When I was thinking of an example, you being a Taylor fan (and having her as an avatar) brought that one to mind. If you were a Katy fan I probably would have made a Katy a--logy.

I put that comment in there in case anyone tried to pull a "Well there are multiple threads about Taylor inviting people on stage (or some other thing another artist does frequently)- why don't THEY have a centralized place too?" 

Cody Draco

You better start charging for ha education!

• Kayla unpinned this topic

Archived