đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If Gaga's acting in AHS is lackluster, let's not be delusional.

FATCAT

Featured Posts

Pointless thread. Everyone's going to have their own opinions. Some people will like her acting, some won't. Something I've learnt about this fan base is that monsters will literally never be happy. Let's appreciate the fact that SHE'S happy.  And to be honest, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it all. That's my opinion. I can't with the delusional monsters but I also can't with "we need to call her out if she sucks" bull****. 

F*ck your perfect illusion

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GloZell Green

Sin city has a ginormous budget.....

I just don't think you can compare Music videos to acting. In music videos shes kind of being herself, she has a hand in the script, and shes probably more comfortable because the parts are written by her. Its more difficult when you have to play a completely new person for 10 episodes or a movie. There's really not even a comparison. :crossed:

I meant Machete Kills. Didn't she only have a part that was less than a minute on Sin City though? 

Hey, we'll see about how she truly acts. Since spooky is her thing, she might be amazing. Her coworkers seem to love it so far :laughga:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

I meant Machete Kills. Didn't she only have a part that was less than a minute on Sin City though? 

Hey, we'll see about how she truly acts. Since spooky is her thing, she might be amazing. Her coworkers seem to love it so far :laughga:

We are all praying the hype is real... :hunty:

LoveandMagic

I agree, but I'd also hope people are not too critical. I wouldn't be surprised if critics are hard on her, it's not an easy thing to go from popstar to actor. Not many can make the leap successfully.

I think, strangely enough, there are also some users who can become overly critical in an attempt to compensate. They don't want to be 'delusional' so they compensate by nitpicking and focusing on the negatives.

I think the best approach is to come at it with an open mind. I'll admit that I am a little nervous and sceptical, but I'm hoping that she will be able to knock it out the park.

Hopefully it's a good script and an interesting story, because that can make all the difference.

This post. :yes:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

elijahfan

But not the Machete kills movie or the Muppet special or Sin city a dame to kill for..... :reductive2:

All of the above are films with a certain tone, and she did good in each and every one of them. People expecting Academy Award material from something as caricatural as Machete Kills are plain stupid, there's no other way to put it.

All of the above are films with a certain tone, and she did good in each and every one of them. People expecting Academy Award material from something as caricatural as Machete Kills are plain stupid, there's no other way to put it.

Quite frankly that's your opinion.... :miley:

No one said her MK role would get her anything. But it did nominate her for a razzy I belive

elijahfan

Quite frankly that's your opinion.... :miley:

No one said her MK role would get her anything. But it did nominate her for a razzy I belive

Now if you take the Razzies as a reference.... 

phantasmas

Now if you take the Razzies as a reference.... 

The Razzies dont nominate bad actors. They nominate newcomers. Sort of like a hazing. They werent really judging Gagas performances in The Muppets or Machet Kills or Siny City.. because there wasnt much to judge.. they nominated her because shes a big name and it would bring light to the Razzies. They almost always nominate every popstar that gets a cameo in any big budget film.

elijahfan

The Razzies dont nominate bad actors. They nominate newcomers. Sort of like a hazing. They werent really judging Gagas performances in The Muppets or Machet Kills or Siny City.. because there wasnt much to judge.. they nominated her because shes a big name and it would bring light to the Razzies. They almost always nominate every popstar that gets a cameo in any big budget film.

I'm not the member who needs this explanation - my post was ironic, I perfectly know how the Razzies work

I completely agree with the op. She is a singer mainly and this AHS experience is something new to her. I mean she has some acting background from school and previous movies, but still it was never on that scale.

So I don't expect her to slay everyone, it would be great but I rather anticipate her next album.

phantasmas

I'm not the member who needs this explanation - my post was ironic, I perfectly know how the Razzies work

Sowwy :hunty: i kinda wrote this for everyone though since our replies are out in the open 

elijahfan

Sowwy :hunty: i kinda wrote this for everyone though since our replies are out in the open 

Oh right, ok :nick:

Archived