💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If Gaga's acting in AHS is lackluster, let's not be delusional.

FATCAT

Featured Posts

Well im going to call it like I see it Good or bad just like ive always have.... Still love gaga dosent mean I love everything she does. :adam:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone doubting her acting talents should rewatch the Marry the Night video right away. And that's all I'm gonna say about this.

But not the Machete kills movie or the Muppet special or Sin city a dame to kill for..... :reductive2:

Side note: MTN is my favorite song and video of all time. Just sayn

somnambulist

While I agree people should have honest opinions of things and not blindly follow people-- what is the purpose of this thread exactly? The entire cast of AHS, from Kathy Bates to Sarah Paulson and many more are all raving over her on set. They are all blown away by her performance and they're really excited, and these are veterans. I think people are also too hard on her and are already doubting her capability simply because she started as a pop singer. 

It goes both ways really, being overly pessimistic is also not very cute tbh.

I agree, but I'd also hope people are not too critical. I wouldn't be surprised if critics are hard on her, it's not an easy thing to go from popstar to actor. Not many can make the leap successfully.

I think, strangely enough, there are also some users who can become overly critical in an attempt to compensate. They don't want to be 'delusional' so they compensate by nitpicking and focusing on the negatives.

I think the best approach is to come at it with an open mind. I'll admit that I am a little nervous and sceptical, but I'm hoping that she will be able to knock it out the park.

Hopefully it's a good script and an interesting story, because that can make all the difference.

I couldn't have said it better myself. :applause: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

While I agree people should have honest opinions of things and not blindly follow people-- what is the purpose of this thread exactly? The entire cast of AHS, from Kathy Bates to Sarah Paulson and many more are all raving over her on set. They are all blown away by her performance and they're really excited, and these are veterans. I think people are also too hard on her and are already doubting her capability simply because she started as a pop singer. 

It goes both ways really, being overly pessimistic is also not very cute tbh.

Well, I see your point with Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson, but would they really say anything BAD? I mean, yea, they're starstruck, but does that mean she's doing great? I would hold off on any convictions for any side of the coin. The threads point is to ask people to be honest, because the whole world watches AHS, and if we misrepresent Gaga, or her acting on the show, they'll call us out on it. It's more of a "Please don't get us in hot water because you're in denial."

I just hope that this threads point will be null and void come Oct. 7th. That would make me insanely happy.

Purr more, hiss less.

djBuffoon

Well, I see your point with Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson, but would they really say anything BAD?

I've said this before, but there's a huge difference between saying "Oh, Gaga's doing well"/"We're all very proud of her" and "Her performance is phenomenal"/"She is genius in this role."

The way that Murphy, Bates, Bomer, Jackson, Wittrock, et al, are describing her work doesn't strike me as a typical beat-around-the-bush.

tbh if her acting is bad, oh well. its not even my main worry, as a huge fan of AHS my main worry is that the show goes the same way as "freakshow" did, too many storylines, too many characters, not enough character development on certain people and the loose ends being tied up super quick instead of focusing on a few storylines and explaining/executing them properly. the amount of deaths in freakshow almost came across like "we're just going to quickly kill you off now because we can't think of anything else to do with your character"

I've said this before, but there's a huge difference between saying "Oh, Gaga's doing well"/"We're all very proud of her" and "Her performance is phenomenal"/"She is genius in this role."

The way that Murphy, Bates, Bomer, Jackson, Wittrock, et al, are describing her work doesn't strike me as a typical beat-around-the-bush.

Exactly, this thread applies to the 'Her performance is phenomenal"/"She is genius in this role". I hope Ryan and the lot aren't beating around the bush, but the possibility is still there. 

Purr more, hiss less.

GloZell Green

But not the Machete kills movie or the Muppet special or Sin city a dame to kill for..... :reductive2:

Side note: MTN is my favorite song and video of all time. Just sayn

I don't think its right to compare her acting to a movie that had a $1 spending budget :trollga: 

Let's be real, the woman is a great actor, but needs the right people. MTN, Paparazzi, Telephone, etc.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

djBuffoon

Exactly, this thread applies to the 'Her performance is phenomenal"/"She is genius in this role". I hope Ryan and the lot aren't beating around the bush, but the possibility is still there. 

That's what I'm saying. Ryan and the cast have made it pretty clear that they think she's killing it. It doesn't seem like they're being fake about it.

I don't think its right to compare her acting to a movie that had a $1 spending budget :trollga: 

Let's be real, the woman is a great actor, but needs the right people. MTN, Paparazzi, Telephone, etc.

Honestly the whole machete kills movie is cheezy, so I can't take that confidently either :sweat: Preach

Purr more, hiss less.

Dangerous Man

REAL fans already stopped being delusional after ARTPOP era. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

'tl;dr Gaga is human, she might not be Oscar ready, and if she isn't, don't pretend that she is!'

Does it really matter though? like who cares if the members of a GAGA fansite want to gush about her even when she might not deserve it. I mean if you wanna have a proper serious conversation about acting then i getcha, open a 'serious' thread and discuss it,  but be prepared for all the 'YASSS GAGA YOU SLAYED' 'BETTER THAN JESSICA' etc stuff on here. Its only natural being on a fansite dedicated to her. Whenever a stans fave does something, they get excited about it and go crazy, its not just gaga stans lol

Tbh i dont think Gaga will blow me away acting wise, but im not gonna get annoyed or irritated by people on here that do. If i wanted to seriously discuss Gaga's acting skills, im not gonna do it on a biased fansite. 

Yes, but it becomes annoying af and immature when such stans attack people who don't agree with them. Some of them REALLY believe Gaga is the second coming of Jesus and want to tell you so even when Gaga ****s up.

Sin city has a ginormous budget.....

I just don't think you can compare Music videos to acting. In music videos shes kind of being herself, she has a hand in the script, and shes probably more comfortable because the parts are written by her. Its more difficult when you have to play a completely new person for 10 episodes or a movie. There's really not even a comparison. :crossed:

VenusBlackStar

I agree with your points. I'm a huge David Bowie fan but I don't delude myself about his late '80s discography. I don't delude myself about PotGa either (I really didn't like it when she smoked pot)

But I have a feeling she'll be great. She belongs on this show.

Archived