Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Azealia comes after another user on Instagram with racist remarks

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

I should've specified in music terms. She's not relevant in Music. I don't care what people do on their personal time but let your music speak and don't be a d*ck...

There were a lot of times when she's tweeted about people being racist towards her and her feelings with people she's worked with. Then she pulls the same actions towards other people? She's the contradiction. I can't respect her after that at all. 

Also Milli Vanilli at one point had millions of dollars as well. . . how did that end for them? Money isn't the defining factor when talking about someone's career. At least not in my opinion, probably in yours.  

Well I'm sorry but if you are financially successful in your career then it kind of is an indicator of how well you're doing. That's sort of how the world works. The better you do, the more money you get. It's not a tough concept to grasp. Maybe success means to you hit radio singles but the music world is much bigger than your local Top 40 station and the Hot 100, believe it or not. You can't tell me you think one simply earns $3 million dollars and they aren't successful? :lmao: I just read today that the guy who wrote All About That Bass earned less than $6,000 from the success of the song. Is he more successful than Azealia because he wrote one of the biggest smashes in recent memory?

And Milli Vanilli were very successful and popular for a while. Just because their career took an unexpected and sudden dive into oblivion it doesn't mean they didn't experience success at all. But I really fail to see how that's relevant to this.

I'm not defending her recent rants, quite the opposite, actually. She needs to get off social media. But let's not be delusional.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis

Me too. My mom was latina (puerto rican) and when she started dating my father who is white, my fathers friends would say racist comments like "is she even legal?, is she a maid?" etc until my father had to separate himself from those racists. Azealia is a walking contradiction and all of this will backfire on her even though it already is. 

I hate when people make racist jokes like that; they're absolutely disgusting. That must have been really hard on your mom :ohno: My grandpa was Latino and faced lots of discrimination. He would avoid the sun to try to keep his skin from getting darker and changed his last name to a more 'American' one. How does Azealia expect anyone to take her struggles seriously, when she has no respect for and even mocks the struggles of others? I really liked some of her music but I just can't even stomach it now knowing what prejudice trash she is.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Alien Tulip

I hate when people make racist jokes like that; they're absolutely disgusting. That must have been really hard on your mom :ohno: My grandpa was Latino and faced lots of discrimination. He would avoid the sun to try to keep his skin from getting darker and changed his last name to a more 'American' one. How does Azealia expect anyone to take her struggles seriously, when she has no respect for and even mocks the struggles of others? I really liked some of her music but I just can't even stomach it now knowing what prejudice trash she is.

That's sad, racist people make me sick. I agree with you about Azealia, broke with expensive taste is a great album but I had to delete the album off my phone because even though its great, I cant listen to it knowing a disgusting homophobic racist person wrote and rapped on the album. People won't take her seriously and probably never will because she contradicts herself all the time.

She should really sit down and write an open letter to apologize to all the minorities she offended, this is not ok.

She's also harming black community and any valid discussions about struggles they face will be dismissed if she ever mentions them again. 

Just get off the social media, it's doing her nothing but harm.

FreePalestine

She's a piece of **** through and through; racist, homophobic, and transphobic. 

Her career has been on life support for the longest and I honestly can't wait for the plug to be pulled.

ibyUdACtKVkChK.gif

iMonster

Well I'm sorry but if you are financially successful in your career then it kind of is an indicator of how well you're doing. That's sort of how the world works. The better you do, the more money you get. It's not a tough concept to grasp. Maybe success means to you hit radio singles but the music world is much bigger than your local Top 40 station and the Hot 100, believe it or not. You can't tell me you think one simply earns $3 million dollars and they aren't successful? :lmao: I just read today that the guy who wrote All About That Bass earned less than $6,000 from the success of the song. Is he more successful than Azealia because he wrote one of the biggest smashes in recent memory?

My favorite bands never chart to be honest and I couldn't care less because to me they are "successful". Which, to me, is such a relative term to begin with. Gaga is literally the only "Pop" artist of today I listen to/will support because to me she's more than just contemporary. But that's for another thread, lol. 

I definitely agree with you in some regards but not all. I think the problem with the industry is the thought "the better you do the more money you get" - don't you think that's an issue? That's why I don't like most "singers" in the top 40 because it's just a popularity contest with hardly no substance when it comes to music. Also regarding the dude that wrote All About The Bass. . . that's just for his streams. He didn't mention how much he's made from CD's, digital downloads and Radio play etc which I'm sure is substantially more (if he had a good publishing deal too).

I guess I don't have tolerance for people complaining about being racist and then in turn do the same to others. I admit I don't know much about Azealia but it's not cool what's she's doing, IMO.  

DrewStevens

Adding 'racist remarks towards Latinos' to the list of receipts of why Azealia Banks is trash.

It must be really hard to stan for someone like her.

My favorite bands never chart to be honest and I couldn't care less because to me they are "successful". Which, to me, is such a relative term to begin with. Gaga is literally the only "Pop" artist of today I listen to/will support because to me she's more than just contemporary. But that's for another thread, lol. 

I definitely agree with you in some regards but not all. I think the problem with the industry is the thought "the better you do the more money you get" - don't you think that's an issue? That's why I don't like most "singers" in the top 40 because it's just a popularity contest with hardly no substance when it comes to music. Also regarding the dude that wrote All About The Bass. . . that's just for his streams. He didn't mention how much he's made from CD's, digital downloads and Radio play etc which I'm sure is substantially more (if he had a good publishing deal too).

I guess I don't have tolerance for people complaining about being racist and then in turn do the same to others. I admit I don't know much about Azealia but it's not cool what's she's doing, IMO.  

By definition, if you are successful in your career, it's usually measured by your earnings. Or money is at least a byproduct of that. Not just in the music industry either. If you get a promotion at your job, you get a raise or maybe even a bonus... It's very simple. Yes it sucks, but it's life and we all need money.

The fact Azealia has made millions without even coming close or attempting to chart in what you call a 'popularity contest' is successful. Which is why it's ridiculous that people are laughing about her career with quotation marks etc because it's hard to make a living by being a musician in 2015, let alone become a millionaire that young.

What did this guy say to her? Is she just randomly attacking people on Instagram?

I think she's attacking people who were challenging her offensive remarks to other people. Sad tbh.

Jesse Pinkman

She should really sit down and write an open letter to apologize to all the minorities she offended, this is not ok.

She's also harming black community and any valid discussions about struggles they face will be dismissed if she ever mentions them again. 

Just get off the social media, it's doing her nothing but harm.

Lol shes not harming anyone but herself. Everyone knows shes an attention seeking mentally unstable person. Idk why yall take her so seriously. The black community is not affected by Ms. Banks. :)

It's science, bitch

What did this guy say to her? Is she just randomly attacking people on Instagram?

This is what I want to know. I'm pretty sure the two guys she's came for have both been tweeting her trash so it's not like they're saints by any account :emma:

Dominic

...but I thought only white people can be racist? :green:

There should be a main thread rather than continuous posts whenever she has another outburst. It's embarrassing really, it shows how little of a career she has if she spends all her time on Twitter and Instagram. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived