đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should there have been a male vitim in TIHTY video?

Katie14

Featured Posts

I have been reading some comments on the video and a lot of people are saying that men should have been portrayed as rape victims as well. I agree that there is a huge stigma about male victims. Its rarely talked about and the idea that this could and does happen should be brought to light. At the same time, I understand why male victims were not in the video. The vast majority of rape victims are female and I think the video would of had sort of a comic vibe if a female was seen raping a male. The video wouldn't seem as realistic and people wouldn't take it seriously. The whole point of the video is to show an accurate view of what could likely happen to students in college. Men do get raped but it isn't a huge issue for them since it is so rare.

Edit: I think a more poignant addition to the video would be a portrayal or coerced rape, though this would be extremely hard to show in a 5 minute video with no dialogue. Most rapes are not physically violent like what was shown in the video. They happen when people are manipulated into having s-x.

Yes. It would seem fair to show that as well. But, the video is fine, no complaining here.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

There is if you look carefully.

At the end when they're walking down the hallway with the victims in the middle, a guy walks out with two others and is in the middle.

I'll try to find the time :emma:

Time - 4:20

Yes, would have been nice. I have the feeling that male victims are getting often look over. (men can also rape humans with a penis). 

But the video is good either way. 

There is if you look carefully.

At the end when they're walking down the hallway with the victims in the middle, a guy walks out with two others and is in the middle.

I'll try to find the time :emma:

Yes I know but I meant a man actually seen getting raped like the others.

PrinceGaga

There are male victims at the end in the hallway scene. As a male, I found 100% no offence to the video. 

Yes I know but I meant a man actually seen getting raped like the others.

Yeah, agreed, it would have been good to include it but I think that might have distracted some of the audience.

I know inclusion is really important but I can imagine people would talk about the fact there's a video of a man getting raped and how "gross" it is over the kind of message they were looking for.

I don't know, it's a tricky subject.

Yeah, agreed, it would have been good to include it but I think that might have distracted some of the audience.

I know inclusion is really important but I can imagine people would talk about the fact there's a video of a man getting raped and how "gross" it is over the kind of message they were looking for.

I don't know, it's a tricky subject.

I see your point. And agree.

Though I think it's very horrifying who male victims get looked over. I think that also male victims have it also very hard. I don't think that everybody would believe a guy that he got raped by a woman/man either. It's clearly a topic that also needs to be talked about imo 

AlexanderMagno

"The Hunting Ground" is, from what I understood, specifically aimed at female s-xual assault. Even the video talks about "one in five females". So we shouldn't expect male examples, remember there is a documentary behind the song/the video/the message.

Of course, there is male s-xual assault, but they would have to do a whole new movie to include all sorts of rape.

Brooke Hoegan

No

This video (and the documentary) focuses on women who are the victims of rape in college campuses. Not men being raped in prisons. That being said, men specifically being raped in college campuses is far, far less prevalent situation than women being raped. For that very reason it shouldn't really be portrayed in this music video because it derailes from the main subject.

+ the video doesn't say that men being raped doesn't happen. It just shows that in most (and I'm sure it's like 95+%) of these situations women are the victims. Men can indentify with that video also, not everything needs to be shown literally.

Archived