💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The future of Gaga

Mister Gaga

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo

Not sure about this. Yes, there are many coincidences, but first, I'm having problems to see Rihanna as someone completely separated from Katy, I think Gaga is, even with this Gaga vs Katy created by media which is being put aside because of Katy vs Taylor.

Second, I think, from what I see, that Gaga is trying her best not to fall in this game. She wants to be separate from most contemporaneous pop stars, and she's doing right.

I think Gaga's career will be different.

When will Katy make Rated R? or a song called Bitch better have my money? just two vague examples that prove they aren't the same at all and not alike at all.. and that Rihanna is better

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

DiscoHeaven23

Also just wanna point out that today is the 29th anniversary of Cyndi Laupers sophomore album, "True Colors". (slightly related to the post ha)

Bradley

I don't think the history of music is going to prove us anything. These are all very different artists and what they do and what is going to happen to them are totally unpredictable. So don't overthink it.

giskardsb

Gaga won't be playing in the Madonna/Brit sandbox anyway. She'll graduate to Liza and Streisand and Cher multimedia multigenre music stage and screen type of legend. 

JustPokeHerFace

First, all of these declines happened for different reasons. Cyndi didn't want to reinvent, whereas Madonna had a new look for every album. That kept Madonna ahead. Xtina took too long to release her albums, which killed her momentum. Her main competitor, Britney, released 6 pop albums in the same time frame that Xtina released 4 in. Gaga's decline (specifically from BTW -> AP) was a combination of the two, plus some other factors. The blackout in the 1st half of 2013 killed a lot of momentum, and by the time Gaga released AP, a lot of her competitors had exploited ideas that she had to the point that the GP was over them. 

But it seems like Gaga learned from these mistakes, which is one of the things that sets her apart. She released another album in less than a year after her "underperformance era" that gave a completely new image, and has spent a good majority of the year doing damage control. She also appears to be gearing up to release another pop album next year, so she can capitalize on the momentum that she's building up, and it looks like she'll be coming out with a new and fresh image for LG5. 

Another thing that debunks this trend is that Madonna and Britney were the main headline-grabbers of their pairing. They were much more controversial and talked about than Cyndi and Xtina, respectively. In the Gaga-Katy pairing, Gaga was much more talked about during her imperial phase (VMAs 2009-2011, MVs, etc.), and her flop phase (Gaga's over, Swinefest, ect.). In the other two pairings, the more polarizing girl was Madonna and Britney, and in this pairing, it's Gaga. 

I think Gaga's trying to build a legacy for herself outside of being JUST a popstar. She's taking on a main role in a TV show, and has spent a good portion of this year earning the respect of big and small-screen critics. I could see her doing Broadway down the line as well. So I don't think Gaga can be grouped based off of history. 

Plus, Rihanna had kind of declined as well. Whereas Rihanna was arguably bigger than Katy in 2010 to the beginning of 2013, it's kind of switched since then. 

latina twilight

When will Katy make Rated R? or a song called Bitch better have my money? just two vague examples that prove they aren't the same at all and not alike at all.. and that Rihanna is better

Not meant that way, I'm talking about appeal with public and media. Also, Rihanna and Katy are (or used to, idk) friends, while Gaga has nothing to do with them in that aspect.

None of three are alike, in fact, none of the established pop stars that are in their way to icon status are alike music or image wise, but Gaga's career is going through a different direction.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

kiwifromvenus

Cyndi Lauper on her third album had similar struggles with her manager/record label;  "The company was not keen on accepting Lauper as a songwriter and musician, as well as a singer and fashion/pop cultural icon." 

Gaga pretty much had this with ARTPOP and I think the difference is Gaga sucked it right back to anyone that stood in her way and LG5 with crush them all and make them wish they never doubted or ditched her. She is more intelligent than we give her credit for and Papparazzi for me is her telling the future or controlling it. She has always been in the driver's seat one way or antoher. To borrow a quote from Star Wars "She'll be back, and in greater numbers" hahaha

Go Gaga! 

I honestly don't thing Gaga will "decline" and be "forgotten" or whatever. She's a smart girl and has a great team behind her. She knows how to maneuver her career into the right path. 

Archived