💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

On This Day in Music History...

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I wanna try to post music history for days as much as I can going forward. So here I've got some album releases and music news that occurred on September 14. It's kinda interesting. Enjoy!

ALBUMS
The Counting Crows debut album "August and Everything After" is released featuring the #5 hit "Mr. Jones"

Marc Anthony's first solo English album "Marc Anthony" is released featuring the #3 song "I Need to Know" and the #2 song "You Sang to Me".

Eve's debut album "Let There Be Eve...Ruff Ryders' First Lady" is released featuring three top 40 hits (#'s 29, 26, and 34). 

Arcade Fire's debut album "Funeral" is released. 

Nelly's duel albums "Sweat" and "Suit" are released. "Suit" featured the #4 hit "My Place" and the #3 hit "Over and Over". 

Trey Songz' fourth album "Passion, Pain and Pleasure" is released featuring the #6 hit "Bottoms Up". 

Linkin Park releases their fourth album "A Thousand Suns". It became their first album not to sell 1 million or more copies. It was also the first album not to have a top 15 hit. Their first single "The Catalyst" reached #27 on the Hot 100.

NEWS 
The first MTV Video Music Awards are held. Famous for Madonna's Like A Virgin performance

Madonna is granted a divorce from Sean Penn. (Thank god)

A civil lawsuit is filed against Michael Jackson by a 13 year old boy. 

TRL airs for the first time.

Clear channel releases list of 165 songs with questionable lyrics that shouldn't be played after the attacks of 9/11. 

Archived