Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Pop music needs another amazing dancer.

Chic

Featured Posts

When I watch videos like this, it makes me feel like pop music needs another great dancer. The 90's had Janet, the 00's had Britney, and we're nearly 6 years through the 2010's with no dancers that could match them. Gaga is a decent dancer, but she's a much better singer. I've never been wowed by her dancing like I have with early Britney's, and although Gaga's early choreography has been flattering to her singing and has allowed her to sing on stage, I want to see a singer with incredible dancing skills.

I get the Brit performance was mostly lip-synced, but the sort of dancing here could easily be condensed into a section of the song reserved for dancing. Gaga had it right for the Judas breakdown sort of thing.

What do you think?

I agree, I've thought this for a while. We need more performers as promotable artists.

The general performance talent in the pop world is pretty dismal right now imo.

mariomania1234

That's why I appreciate the fact that Gaga incorporates choreography into her performances and videos. It's kind of a rarity in pop these days.

nnn people saying Taylor :rip: 

I would say Beyonce fits the bill, even if it's true that there is no new pop girls that dance. 

who will love me when the night is over

The Child

Is this a coincidence I thought of Britney before opening this topic and then seeing one of Britney's best performances?

We really need another dancer like she used to be tbh. :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

KyliesChild

nnn people saying Taylor :rip: 

I would say Beyonce fits the bill, even if it's true that there is no new pop girls that dance. 

Taylor has swift moves, what can I say, amirite? :derpga: 

I can't believe y'all don't think Gaga is an amazing dancer, the way she moves leaves me breathless.

Not to sound like a crazy fangirl but DAMN. :rip:

+ this the alpha 본전 +

Hmmm, just watched the video you posted, and I don't know, if this was a showcase of "how great Britney was" it feels like she was overrated as a dancer? Basically what she did in that performance is shake her hair from left to right and viceversa, walk through the dancers and do some hands gestures.

And I know Gaga is not the best dancer, but come on, this performance required a lot more of dancing skills, energy and synchronization than the one you posted, while she was also belting out those big notes.

Archived