question

Themes of Future Seasons?

Harry

Featured Posts

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the snowman monster is matt bomer

If they actually had a season with a reference to Jack Frost (1997) it would be my favorite season

You're on to something here

If they actually had a season with a reference to Jack Frost (1997) it would be my favorite season

You're on to something here

just as long as they don't do a rape-to-death via carrot scene because that repulsed me even as a kid

But in all honesty, I could totally see a more campy season/episode doing something akin to Jack Frost. Hell, if they go along with the sequel's obnoxiousness (snowmen duplicated from man's genes->he's allergic to bananas->use bananas to fight snowmen!), then I wouldn't even be disappointed.

Like, what if they did a scene like its kitchen scene? Or that giant carrot?

OR WHAT IF THEY DO SOMETHING LIKE BRAINDEAD??? OMG

3 points in and ready for more

freebit

I feel like the whole concept of American Horror Story would end up wasted if theyĀ didn'tĀ do a season based on Native American lore. There's a lot of creepy stories that come fromĀ the southwestern tribes like skinwalkers (my mom used tell me so many unsettling stories about them from relatives that lived inĀ Santa Fe). Or they could even do a time warp season based on Roanoke with Native Americans and settlers.Ā 

As for fairy tales I feel like those are too europeanĀ to fit with the show. Plus there's already a ton of shows and movies with aĀ "dark" twist on commonĀ fairy tales.

American Horror Story: Famine/Cult

I'd like to see a season set during the onset of a famine apocalypse where the world's food shortage is depleting to dangerously low levels. It would be set in the U.S., I'm not sure where, but it would be centered around a cult of peopleĀ that believe ritual sacrifice is necessary to appease the gods and bring food back to the world. The cult leader would be the Jessica Lange of the season, whoever it isn't, and they would be psychologically ill, convincing everyone to follow them. She would considerĀ herself a high priestess of sorts and they all depend on her to relay the word of God, which determines which individual in the cult must be sacrificed for the greater good of all. She has convinced them that if they life, they will thrive, and if they didn't, they will be given respite in the afterlife. Whenever the ritual sacrifice is made, the remaining cult membersĀ devour their corpse. As the cult members lessen in numbers because of this, the story would get more and more morbid as these people reach heightening levels of desperation and depravity.

You'd add new characters by having them be convinced into the cult, you'd have some cult members plotting against each other and the high priestess, the living would be devoured, etc. It would be a real dark, dirty and gritty season, probably in some heavily forested rural area during the fall. Imagine the first village level of Resident Evil 4, basically. They could have the season take place in the Winter too, when things get even more desperate.

Instead of playing off the Jonestown massacre which isĀ so overdone, they can get inspiration from the Greek myths surrounding Dionysus, God of wine, who was known for inciting ritual madness among his followers.

The season could also have a theme of guilt. Mass hallucinations among some of the members due to insanity could be paired with the supernatural aspect of theĀ actual ghosts of the devoured being there to mess with the remaining cult members out of retribution, but some of them think they'reĀ hallucinating, others become extremely paranoid, some want to kill those seeing the hallucinations as the ghosts/hallucinations are telling them who to kill next, and some plotting against the high priestess. The cult is divided and the ones who aren't seeing the hallucinations start to believe the "insane" ones" need to be killed to stem the potential danger. But the twist is that the ghosts don't visit all who see them,Ā meaning some people are genuinely having hallucinations from starvation, and you can't tell who. There are guilt suicides involved as well, some pressured by their hallucinations/ghosts.

DrewStevens

The cult idea sounds great.

I think that they need to do a season in the woods or something like that. Stories about creatures, ghosts and killersĀ in the woods areĀ very important inĀ American horror so I think they need to so something like that.

I recently played a video game called Until Dawn and it's amazing. They should really think about including a Native American history.Ā 

They should stay away from themes that are being used by other current TV shows like zombies, apocalyptic times, fairytales, etc., and also keep the balance between reality and fantasy.Ā 

PaperIz

I love the idea of a Phantom of the Opera season tbh :flutter:Ā aand a cult one would be amazing as well as a Manson family one. I love horror but I'm awful at ideas. I'd love a truly scary vampire werewolf thing though like underworld but less action more horror. But I guess gaga is sort of a vampire this season so idk

Some of these ideas are so cool!

Just so y'all know Ryan Murphy is my sugar daddy and he sent me here to steal ideas for S6Ā :green:

AHS: Suburban Legends

Things like Slenderman, The Rake, Jeff the Killer, smile.jpg all come to life in an suburban setting.Ā 

#šŸ šš¢šŽšš¢š‚ š’š“š€š

AHS: Suburban Legends

Things like Slenderman, The Rake, Jeff the Killer, smile.jpg all come to life in an suburban setting.Ā 

I was thinking about this and I would die if they did something like this. :giveup:

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Do you mean UrbanĀ Legends?

That's the joke. It's urban legends taking place in a suburban town. :emma:Ā 

#šŸ šš¢šŽšš¢š‚ š’š“š€š

Archived