Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Themes of Future Seasons?

Harry

Featured Posts

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Horror Story: Cruise. All the themes are sort of set in places but it'll be interesting to see if they could create a series without outside contact, for example a cruise ship with multiple passengers and different rooms/areas on that ship. Stuck in the middle of the ocean, no interaction with the outside world, dealing with a murder or supernatural threat.

elijahfan

I've given some thought about it. I loved the idea of a season in space, but Murphy clearly said this would never happen since space is not America, and it is AMERICAN Horror Story :) However, I guess something could be done about aliens, like a 50s based season revolving around UFOs, Roswell, Area 51, and even the nuclear fear that would enable Hills Have Eyes nods. I can totally see this happen.

I've watched again recently Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, which is, like, one of the most iconic American horror stories - however, since this has already been turned into a TV show recently, I guess they could just do a season set during the 18th century with a dark fairytale kind of quality, something very dark and gothic.

I've also thought about something inspired by the Charles Manson family, or something about a group of people involved in a religious sect. Silent Hill also comes to mind when it comes to references. I don't know, these are the 3 big ideas I'd have right now.

That sounds like The Village from 2004. If it was a cult, I would like a Silent Hill type cult in an ghost town.

I don't actually think what I said is very much like The Village, at all. Most cults portrayed in literature/movies rely on some kind of brainwashing as that's basically what happens, so that's what I was getting at. I was just suggesting that we could toss around ideas for loose themes, there's been plenty of movies about haunted houses, witches, mental institutions etc but they put an AHS spin on it so it would be cool to see what they'd do with a cult.

The Giver was an awesome book I read in 2nd grade with the same plot as your op. 

If you dont like reading, they made it into a movie. Read the plot here: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_(film)

See above, I wasn't giving a definitive plot line, just a couple of thoughts. I see the similarities with that story and the things I said, but that seems a little more dystopian and sci-fi. My idea is much more present day, would probably be quite gritty and unnerving.

American Horror Story: Cruise. All the themes are sort of set in places but it'll be interesting to see if they could create a series without outside contact, for example a cruise ship with multiple passengers and different rooms/areas on that ship. Stuck in the middle of the ocean, no interaction with the outside world, dealing with a murder or supernatural threat.

That's an amazing idea. A murder mystery kind of thing might go quite well with that even though that's sort of a played out concept by now :P

Most fairytales started off as violent and horrific stories before Disney came in and cleaned them up. Most of them were written by these two guys called the Grimm Brothers. You Google them, its pretty interesting. I think there was a show about them and their sick fairytales before they were Disney-fied but its probably cancelled. :emma: 

Yas I've heard about this! I totally forgot about it tho, AHS: Grimm Brothers omg

Snow White was originally by them and so many others, it would be awesome to see how fairytales were really meant to end lol

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

i always thought the theme was a place, so i will say a camping site? hospital? 

Too much like Asylum

I've given some thought about it. I loved the idea of a season in space, but Murphy clearly said this would never happen since space is not America, and it is AMERICAN Horror Story :) However, I guess something could be done about aliens, like a 50s based season revolving around UFOs, Roswell, Area 51, and even the nuclear fear that would enable Hills Have Eyes nods. I can totally see this happen.

I've watched again recently Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, which is, like, one of the most iconic American horror stories - however, since this has already been turned into a TV show recently, I guess they could just do a season set during the 18th century with a dark fairytale kind of quality, something very dark and gothic.

I've also thought about something inspired by the Charles Manson family, or something about a group of people involved in a religious sect. Silent Hill also comes to mind when it comes to references. I don't know, these are the 3 big ideas I'd have right now.

I'm not super down with space, but a nuclear/Hills Have Eyes vibe would be really cool, I think.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I really love the idea of a cult, but I'd love it even more if it tied in with Lovecraftian mythos/horror. I had this dumb idea:

Slightly aging FBI agent (Angela Bassett) is assigned with a partner to investigate weird ass murders in weird southern coastal community. There's a sort of weird dichotomy between coast town (younger generation of people, maybe 40's and under) and the farming/more inland community (much older, 50's and up). People in both the coast town and the inland community are being violently murdered- obvious first deduction is cult murders! Or something.

But as time passes on, it's revealed that the people being murdered are the cult, and several different groups are attempting to interfere with their scheme of raising Cthulu or something. In an ideal world this would be paced in a suspenseful and beautiful manner.

idk I daydream a lot. I feel like this could easily tie in a lot of the more mythological aspects of each season- Shachath, Papa Legba, even Michael the Antichrist, and such.

Plus, it could totally tie in Coven's Southern Gothic atmosphere and actually make it terrifying. Thematically, I'd see the season as sort of police procedural mixed with Southern Gothic horror- but, like, really, really cinematic.

I want a Silent Hill type season, like a character goes to a remote town (like hes being called there maybe?) and it plunges into other worldly darkness, with monsters and loud sirens :P

Silent Hill was one of my favorite series growing up, and the first movie was amazing (second movie was absolute trash I refuse).

What if it went something like the video game Siren? Like, a village completely disappears overnight, and then people visit it in present day and absolute crazy goes down. Kind of like Asylum's whole interweaving of past and present themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw2WFx3UZfk

3 points in and ready for more

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I really love the idea of a cult, but I'd love it even more if it tied in with Lovecraftian mythos/horror. I had this dumb idea:

Slightly aging FBI agent (Angela Bassett) is assigned with a partner to investigate weird ass murders in weird southern coastal community. There's a sort of weird dichotomy between coast town (younger generation of people, maybe 40's and under) and the farming/more inland community (much older, 50's and up). People in both the coast town and the inland community are being violently murdered- obvious first deduction is cult murders! Or something.

But as time passes on, it's revealed that the people being murdered are the cult, and several different groups are attempting to interfere with their scheme of raising Cthulu or something. In an ideal world this would be paced in a suspenseful and beautiful manner.

idk I daydream a lot. I feel like this could easily tie in a lot of the more mythological aspects of each season- Shachath, Papa Legba, even Michael the Antichrist, and such.

Plus, it could totally tie in Coven's Southern Gothic atmosphere and actually make it terrifying. Thematically, I'd see the season as sort of police procedural mixed with Southern Gothic horror- but, like, really, really cinematic.

Silent Hill was one of my favorite series growing up, and the first movie was amazing (second movie was absolute trash I refuse).

What if it went something like the video game Siren? Like, a village completely disappears overnight, and then people visit it in present day and absolute crazy goes down. Kind of like Asylum's whole interweaving of past and present themes.

Wow, I love this idea! Such detail. I'd love to watch that. I love that it would get turned on it's head and the perception totally changes, very AHS.

Although Cthulu now just makes me think of South Park :lmao:

Diamond Heart

I love this idea ! :giveup:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

American Horror Story: White Out 

Set in Grand Forks, North Dakota. A couple take a trip to see a dying relative. On their way there they hear a National Alert message warning them of an in coming snowstorm. 

article-1332694-0C36C4E8000005DC-913_634

They hurry to get to the house and once they arrive they are greeted by family members in mourning, not because the dying relative is dead, but because they are missing. As they try to contact local police to start an investigation. The police say tell them that the incoming snowstorm will be so severe that no one is allowed to leave their homes. Frustrated, a small group of the family members go out to look for the missing relative. 

They are gone for a few hours and it is getting dark and the snowstorm is picking up quickly. Worried, the family members try to contact the group that went out, but to no avail. As the watch the news, they are devastated by the how severe the snowstorm is.

article-1353169-0D0517D8000005DC-99_964x

Sick to their stomachs; they watch as the snowstorm is growing in power. They sit and watch as people are dying on national T.V. They soon think the group that had went out may never make it back. As they continue watching the news they hear that storm will end in 13 days. 

As the series continues, we watch this family tear apart as they try to survive with limited food, internal family problems, trust, and unity. Not to mention the mysterious creature that is picking them off one-by-one.

radford-discovery-yeti-yeti.jpg140148958832014149001801197_107_Dyatlov_

Is this end of the world as we know it?

A message from god of our last days?

or just incredibly bad luck?

I tried, y'all :emma: 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

American Horror Story: White Out 

Set in the Grand Forks, North Dakota. A couple take a trip to see a dying relative. One their way their they hear a National Alert message warning them of an in coming snowstorm. 

article-1332694-0C36C4E8000005DC-913_634

They hurry to get to the house and once they arrive they are greeted by family members in mourning, not because the dying relative is dead, but because they are missing. As they try to contact local police to start an investigation. The police say tell them that the incoming snowstorm will be so severe that no one is allowed to leave their homes. Frustrated, a small group of the family members go out to look for the missing relative. 

They are gone for a few hours and it is getting dark and the snowstorm is picking up quickly. Worried, the family members try to contact the group that went out, but to no avail. As the watch the news, are devastated by the how severe the snowstorm is.

article-1353169-0D0517D8000005DC-99_964xQuintet.jpg

Sick to there stomach they watch as the snowstorm is growing in power. They sit and watch as people are dying on National T.V. They soon think the the group that went out may never make it back. As they continue watching the news they hear that storm will end in 13 days. 

As the series continues, we watch this family tear apart as they try to survive with limited food, internal family problems, and unity. Not to mention the mysterious creature that is picking them off one-by-one.

radford-discovery-yeti-yeti.jpg140148958832014149001801197_107_Dyatlov_

Is this end of the world as we know it?

A message from god of our last days?

or just incredibly bad luck?

I tried, y'all :emma: 

make it s-xier

Archived