💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Iron Maiden vocalist praises Gaga wanting to be the next, talks Madonna...

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could say the same about you but the other way arround, so. 

You are the one who thinks that you are better than the rest. At least I don't believe that Gaga is the God and creator of the universe. And I don't think Madonna hasn't done anything for music or culture. You are the one who thinks like that (but the other way arround). So... 

I can see what both have done. You don't. Good for you :) 

That is a matter of perspective. I believe you guys think you are better than me because you don't seem to slightly care about discussing the points i've made in a civil manner as opposed to your unnecessary personal attacks and half baked shady replies. Meanwhile, I still try my best to ignore it and provide a constructed, well put counter argument. So no, if anything, I'm the most respectful and grounded out of the bunch. 

I don't think Madonna is the God and the creator of the universe, exaggerating my words in order to skip the specificness of what I wrote is not a good way to ignore my point. I'm not pulling anything up my ass, if you want to question anything then go ahead and email the social scientists and music historians that wrote those things. 

And last but not least, I enjoy Gaga for her music, for her passion and creativity. I don't need to create an illusion in order to validate my love for her.

Riot Poof

Body and mind coordination, artistic focus or mental and physical stamina. The most rare qualities in a performer. Can't say I'm shocked that you're only hearing this though.

Starting from Confessions? It just happens that I listened to every Madonna song (released and unreleased) from 1979 to 2015, watched every performance & every interview and the same applies to Gaga, so you can't accuse me of making assumptions as a result of lack of knowledge on both sides.

You should be a professional pop historian. :giveup:

The devotion. :giveup:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

giskardsb

Maybe you don't see reason to, but you obviously haven't looked deep enough into the genre if Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are being used as the benchmark. Either that or a very narrow definition of pop is being used...

there is good pop music and pop musicians out there. I think pop can be so much more. Carole King, Elton, Billy Joel, fleetwood Mac, all Pop. There are hugely talented people out there but pop radio and fans support people that can't sing without technological help and need writing teams to make a song. That is the issue, not pop itself. 

Not denying Madonna's impact on the music industry but to say she's still the "Queen Of Pop" is quite of a statement. And I'm not sure you can really prove that sadly. I mean, if you look at the current stats of her albums/singles sales and tour gross now, she's definitely not a "Queen" of anythingTaylor Swift & Beyoncé can easily be titled as "Queens Of Pop" but aren't really. It says alot about how the term "Queen Of Pop" is really not worth a damn.

As for the Cheek To Cheek era comment, I think that the duo of Tony & Gaga is what made the campaign. The whole marketing of the project was based on this authentic and odd collaboration that made literally everyone who was enough interested in it raise an eyebrow at first. To say that the success of the era was 100% because of Tony is a ridiculous statement. 

She's still the Queen of Pop as in she will always be the Queen of Pop until someone makes a greater impact. And a flop era will be the last thing to change that.

Taylor & B's successes are both minor when compared to Madonna's prime.

NewYorkCity

That is a matter of perspective. I believe you guys think you are better than me because you don't seem to slightly care about discussing the points i've made in a civil manner as opposed to your unnecessary personal attacks and half baked shady replies. Meanwhile, I still try my best to ignore it and provide a constructed, well put counter argument. So no, if anything, I'm the most respectful and grounded out of the bunch. 

I don't think Madonna is the God and the creator of the universe, exaggerating my words in order to skip the specificness of what I wrote is not a good way to ignore my point. I'm not pulling anything up my ass, if you want to question anything then go ahead and email the social scientists and music historians that wrote those things. 

And last but not least, I enjoy Gaga for her music, for her passion and creativity. I don't need to create an illusion in order to validate my love for her.

I don't have to discuss anything you say because it is all true. I know and recognise Madonna's achievements, impact and history. My first concert was a Madonna concert. That discovered pop music for me and leaded me to be her fan during years untill I discovered Gaga. It is not that I don't like Madonna anymore, I just find Gaga more talented (AND THAT IS AN OPINION, SORRY). So I started loving Gaga. 

I haven't created any ilusion to love Gaga. My love is based on the perception that I have of what she has done and achieved. I don't need that some social scientists tell me that. I just love what she has done, and I do think she changed pop culture. That's subjective, sorry again. It is my perception. 

Didymus

"This is not a fan site."

wtf. :lmao: 

tumblr_lrpl01KBm71qkh0dd.gif

I was going to ask for you to quote me next time, but this really isn't a reply to what I wrote so never mind that. What I meant was (just to avoid misinterpretation of others thanks to you): this is a forum attached to a website providing updates on Gaga's career.

A forum serves the purpose of discussing various opinions. A fan site would be LM.com because it gathers self-identified Little Monsters and its sole purpose really is to celebrate Gaga as a person and an artist and come together as a community. While it's obvious that this forum may result in the same dynamics, the goals couldn't be more different.

Honestly, it's almost comical to see so many people make "why are you even here" / "go to MadonnaNation" comments when the truth of the matter is that a lot of fans here can't even handle the basic underlying implication of being on a forum: being exposed to contrary opinions. The more accurate statement would be: "I can't handle an opinion that is very different from mine, so I'll have to either learn how to handle it or transport myself to a place where I'm not exposed to it."

And yet, the main reaction seems to be that a couple of members gang up, break the rules consistently by making off-topic, flamebait, personally attacking posts (that are against the rules, unlike negative opinions about Gaga), seeking actively to derail threads and spend their time disqualifying a simple point of view instead of communicating with it. It's sad, really. And it's why this place doesn't attract me anymore to be quite honest.

I know this is not really a reply to what you wrote, but since you didn't care about my post when you wrote what you did, I guess I don't feel bad for this one.

DrewStevens

"each other" is a funny choice of words when the attacks are only flowing towards one person

Well we all know that this kind of threads are always messy and that some stans are very cutthroat when other people come for Gaga. 

Respect should be the most important part of arguments but common sense should be part of it too. Why would anyone knowing that this site is full of Gaga stans (because it's Gagadaily, not ATRL or another general Pop forum) say that Gaga hasn't contributed to music at all? He knew what he was doing and he always gets into the same argument of "without Madonna there's no Gaga / Gaga hasn't changed anything". Of course people need to chill but he is contributing to the mess by invalidating every opinion that doesn't match with his.  

I don't have to discuss anything you say because it is all true. I know and recognise Madonna's achievements, impact and history. My first concert was a Madonna concert. That discovered pop music for me and leaded me to be her fan during years untill I discovered Gaga. It is not that I don't like Madonna anymore, I just find Gaga more talented (AND THAT IS AN OPINION, SORRY). So I started loving Gaga. 

I haven't created any ilusion to love Gaga. My love is based on the perception that I have of what she has done and achieved. I don't need that some social scientists tell me that. I just love what she has done, and I do think she changed pop culture. That's subjective, sorry again. It is my perception. 

I wholeheartedly don't care about your preferences. :rip: 

And you're absolutely false, you either back up your points with facts and evidence or you don't argue at all. Matters such as musical impact are not subjective at all. You saying Gaga changed pop culture is the same as a Selena Gomez fan claiming she changed pop culture as well : both lack substance and are emotionally fueled. 

SEVDALIZA

Well we all know that this kind of threads are always messy and that some stans are very cutthroat when other people come for Gaga. 

Respect should be the most important part of arguments but common sense should be part of it too. Why would anyone knowing that this site is full of Gaga stans (because it's Gagadaily, not ATRL or another general Pop forum) say that Gaga hasn't contributed to music at all? He knew what he was doing and he always gets into the same argument of "without Madonna there's no Gaga / Gaga hasn't changed anything". Of course people need to chill but he is contributing to the mess by invalidating every opinion that doesn't match with his.  

Because he, just as anyone else, is allowed to have a view and he has been correctly discussing it, providing factual support for his points. This is a forum and not an oppressive dictatorship, and he should be able to express himself with no fear of being attacked by people that lack argumentative skill. 

operating from another world

NewYorkCity

I wholeheartedly don't care about your preferences. :rip: 

And you're absolutely false, you either back up your points with facts and evidence or you don't argue at all. Matters such as musical impact are not subjective at all. You saying Gaga changed pop culture is the same as a Selena Gomez fan claiming she changed pop culture as well : both lack substance and are emotionally fueled. 

I wasn't trying that you cared about my preferences. Just showing how you can be in the middle, unlike you who think that you have the absolute truth and everyone else is wrong.

Madonna is the only popstar in history who influenced music. Ok, good. Whatever.

Just a reminder: I didn't quote you in the first place, when lots were quoting your first post on this thread... I mean, I just posted my opinion on what I thought that IM singer was meaning. And I also gave my opinion on certain attitudes (you all respect that everyone has their opinions and can express them, right? That's what I was doing). You were the one who quoted me and told me that Gaga has had zero influence.  So, if you don't care about what I think, just don't quote me. Keep repeating the same Madonna achievements on every thread and saying how Gaga hasn't done anything and be happy!! :) 

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived