Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Elle Magazine on Nicki Minaj

Barbados

Featured Posts

Barbados

Im tired of this nonsence. Did some people forget that Nicki in the beginning of her career (And still to this day) Stole/ Adopted/ Appropriated Asian culture? Nicki and her Barbie's? I mean the hypocrisy here by people is staggering. We should be happy that culture is being shared and exposed to people through different mediums.

enhanced-24225-1401992516-1.jpg

nicki-album-pics.jpg

nicki-minaj.jpg

:bye:

Nicki is Blasian so what are you trying to say?

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

It's a double standard and I don't get whyiley gets bashed for dreads and I never saw people complain when gaga do during ARTPOP.

Oh...it was here! There was discussion about it in several threads, with major discussions about the origin of dreads. There were also a few media articles that mentioned Gaga wearing dreads. 

Nicki is Blasian so what are you trying to say?

Im saying if she or this article is calling out other artist for cultural appropriation then they are beyond hypocritical 

Barbados

Im saying if she or this article is calling out other artist for cultural appropriation then they are beyond hypocritical 

Ok but that's another discussion entirely. We could go on forever on how something connects to something.

Ok but that's another discussion entirely. We could go on forever on how something connects to something.

.... How is that another discussion? This is her quote from the ariticle which discuses cultural appropriation

"She called out the culture vulturing—the unapologetic appropriation of  elements of one culture by members of another culture"

She has nerve when 75% of her career is Cultural Appropriation. what im saying and its completely relevant to this discussion. Idk how its not...

I was saying that in response to the claim that "Straight hair is white culture"

Because asians have straight hair too. So it's kind of silly to assume that because a Black woman likes to wear weaves or have straight hair, that they're borrowing from White people.

Also interesting fact: Weaves are made from Indian woman's hair, not white woman's. 

-Because White hair is too brittle and weak, whereas indian hair has a lot of strength to it

Oh yeah, I got you. Just random commentary from me lol

Also, isn't Nicki of Japanese ancestry, or something? Just wondering.

3 points in and ready for more

Barbados

Oh yeah, I got you. Just random commentary from me lol

Also, isn't Nicki of Japanese ancestry, or something? Just wondering.

I think her mother is half chinese

and overall she is South Asian/African American/Trinidadian 

I think her mother is half chinese

and overall she is South Asian/African American/Trinidadian 

That's why she isn't allowed to do Japanese stuff. 

I was saying that in response to the claim that "Straight hair is white culture"

Because asians have straight hair too. So it's kind of silly to assume that because a Black woman likes to wear weaves or have straight hair, that they're borrowing from White people.

Also interesting fact: Weaves are made from Indian woman's hair, not white woman's. 

-Because White hair is too brittle and weak, whereas indian hair has a lot of strength to it

White hair is also not always brittle or weak. Like there is also variety. You have such one-sided view of everything which is in fact not really favorable. 

Barbados

White hair is also not always brittle or weak. Like there is also variety. You have such one-sided view of everything which is in fact not really favorable. 

GO

A

WAY

Archived