💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley on Taylor: "her music is neutral"

Yanko

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo

Comparing the incomparable is immature. Throwing in someone else's name for hits or publicity is immature. You can't compare Gaga's music to Katy's (Gaga even said this herself in the SXSW interview) they are totally different styles. As is Miley's and Taylor's. Again, she should be able to explain her work and meaning without throwing someone else's name in the mix. Once that happens, the attention goes of from what she was talking about, to the fact she mentioned Taylor. Publicity! 

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I'v always thought Miley was about attention and this doesn't alter my opinion on her at all. 

But you can compare like Gaga and Katy in the vein of pop music? because they both make pop music. Katy is lighthearted made for the masses. Gaga is a bit more thought provoking and generally directed towards the art scene but still mainstream. 

What you say above has its merits and is mostly true. Don't get me wrong- I just think it is stupid to say you can't compare pop artists... You can compare their chart records, their music styles their activism etc...

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing the incomparable is immature. Throwing in someone else's name for hits or publicity is immature. You can't compare Gaga's music to Katy's (Gaga even said this herself in the SXSW interview) they are totally different styles. As is Miley's and Taylor's. Again, she should be able to explain her work and meaning without throwing someone else's name in the mix. Once that happens, the attention goes of from what she was talking about, to the fact she mentioned Taylor. Publicity! 

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I'v always thought Miley was about attention and this doesn't alter my opinion on her at all. 

They're both pop stars and musicians who cater to very similar audiences, nowhere close to being 'incomparable' or immature. She may be demanding attention with her comments but what pop star isn't really, nor does that detract from the actual validity of what Miley said :shrug: 

I would agree with her in that apart from being blatantly obviously a money-*****, Taylor is very neutral and doesn't really provoke opinion in any way, but I don't understand why one song (Shake it Off) is enough to define an entire artist as neutral - when Miley and every other pop star have inoffensive and "neutral" aspects to their discography too. 

PrinceGaga

They're both pop stars and musicians who cater to very similar audiences, nowhere close to being 'incomparable' or immature. She may be demanding attention with her comments but what pop star isn't really, nor does that detract from the actual validity of what Miley said :shrug: 

Right, so just because they are within the stem of pop music, that makes a fair comparison? What do you think Gaga means when she talks about how her music shouldn't be compared to Katy's? They are both pop artists after all. Sure you can pit one against the other but it's not a fair comparison if the music isn't similar at all. You can compare anything to anything if you wanted, what matters is how fair the comparison is. 

I never talked about the validity of Miley's statement; only the relevance. I personally don't think it was necessary to name drop Taylor to make a point.

Right, so just because they are within the stem of pop music, that makes a fair comparison? What do you think Gaga means when she talks about how her music shouldn't be compared to Katy's? They are both pop artists after all. Sure you can pit one against the other but it's not a fair comparison if the music isn't similar at all. You can compare anything to anything if you wanted, what matters is how fair the comparison is. 

I never talked about the validity of Miley's statement; only the relevance. I personally don't think it was necessary to name drop Taylor to make a point.

Comparing the two isn't pitting them against each other lol :sweat: A lot of what Gaga said during ARTPOP seemed like a defence mechanism and I'd hazard a guess that very few people, especially those that listen to a wide spectrum of music - would actually argue that Gaga and Katy's music (or Taylor and Miley's) is vastly different to each other (Ignoring C2C and Katy's gospel album obviously). They're probably some of the most fair comparisons you could make.

holy scheisse

Well duh, her music is not made to be deep or to have an impact, it's just good pop music that most of the people enjoy right now...

mindless drones

GloZell Green

Let's be honest, no one puts their heart into the music they make besides Gaga and Adele. All they care about is the bling :sis:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

This isn't about Gaga and Katy at all. Focus on Miley and/or Taylor. If you want to discuss whether or not Gaga and Katy can be compared, make a thread about what Gaga said at SXSW. 

(Actually, find the already existing thread and post about it there- I'm pretty sure it exists, yes?)

I can't disagree with Miley.

But... is she just gonna call out other artists now? Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to her, but that's all I've been hearing from her.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived