Miley on Taylor: "her music is neutral"

Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

By neutral, she means basic, right? Just trying to find out her context :yes: 

And, no, basic isn't an insult :chica: at least not from me. It's music that's not supposed to be deep, meaningful, or life changing, just fun music that charts well :yes: 

Barbados

Ok but where are the Nicki bashers on this thread to call out Miley for taking slights at other artists?

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

Barbados

By neutral, she means basic, right? Just trying to find out her context :yes: 

And, no, basic isn't an insult :chica: at least not from me. It's music that's not supposed to be deep, meaningful, or life changing, just fun music that charts well :yes: 

Basic is worse than bad.

Basic is saying that it has no substance and that it is as bland as bread with no inspiration

youtube.com/watch?v=BR5ZKUKVSEI delete the <wbr> bit

PartySick

Basic is worse than bad.

Basic is saying that it has no substance and that it is as bland as bread with no inspiration

Exactly :flop: 

Kidding. I'm not saying Taylor's music lacks substance, or even that it's bad because I like a few of her songs, it just that it doesn't exactly require you to think to be able to appreciate it, which isn't a bad thing. If all music was deep and seeping with metaphors and allusions it'd be tiring to listen to it :emma:

Also, where is the spoiler eyeball thing? :giveup:  

SEVDALIZA

Why is she always wearing those tired revealing clothes? The people are not shocked, hello.

Because she can? Maybe she's not dressing to shock? Maybe she just ***wants*** to dress that way? hello

operating from another world

djBuffoon

I agree with her that "Shake it Off" is the definition of neutral. Taylor has a fair number of songs that are quite powerful, but that one is just... vacuous.

Kabexuela

This is funny.  A :10 snippet of any Taylor song is better than what Miley has just released.  Why is there so much beef and potatoes in the music industry lately..

EDIT:  Bye the way, I'm not one of those Tay fans that have to defend her by posting this comment.  So don't try to make me roll an ankle on these heels sistrens, we all have different tastes.  

Archived