💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Wildest Dreams MV accused of being RACIST.

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis

what do they want, a token black slave to acknowledge slavery? 

I feel like had they included Africans in the film crew, then that would have been called racist for showing them as workers, if they showed a traditional African village it would've dubbed as stereotyping Africans and exploiting African culture, etc, etc. I feel like there is no way to properly do it without being called racist :saladga: 

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Redstreak

But, to play devil's advocate to round it all off...if even I, a Swift hater, is defending her here, but some of the critics, media and public aren't, what does that say? Before now, the critics, media and public were on her side and I was against her. If even they've turned against her and I can't find any reason to support their criticism, what does that suggest? That her backlash is truly occuring.

Sure you have a few articles that are making these claims, but majority of the articles are articles about the original articles making these claims, not actually making their own statement. And every single article has countless comments defending her and saying they don't understand where the criticism is coming from, and those comments are also the highest rated. Literally for every major publication article. So nah, majority of the public aren't buying it.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Prettiestboy

I don't understand why everything is a problem today I remember back in the day like 80's 90's artist would make songs videos etc that were outside of their culture and it wasn't an issue now everything today is "oh that's black culture but you're not black" like lets be reasonable it's not that serious honestly!  Everyone's so sensitive about everything!! Grow a pair society and stop playing the victim!! 

DeleteMyAccount

People wouldn't be so fragile if everyone actually got along in the past... This is the product of their "experiment".  And technically, they are right.  The video does glamorous such times.  Does the article blow everything up too far?  Yes, but there is reason.  

I don't like it when people say we're too sensitive and politically correct.  We as a society know better.  We have learned from the past.  Sometimes things are a--lyzed too much, but it shouldn't be looked down upon to highlight these moments...

Also, I don't think we should call these things racist but more so uneducated ignorance.  Another example of this was from that Exodus (?) movie that replaced all the colored characters with white people.  Maybe we should be more historically correct?

Generation of the offended

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

shaneybaby

I feel like had they included Africans in the film crew, then that would have been called racist for showing them as workers, if they showed a traditional African village it would've dubbed as stereotyping Africans and exploiting African culture, etc, etc. I feel like there is no way to properly do it without being called racist :saladga: 

was gonna say this exact thing. so absurd... it doesn't even say Africa maybe in the video they were supposed to be filming in some US desert and trying to make it look like Africa... haha i mean if ppl wanna reach n pull the racism card i can reach and say maybe they weren't actually supposed to be in Africa. They could have been on location and setting up to look like a far place. saves time and money hollywood does it all the time. TAKE THAT

was gonna say this exact thing. so absurd... it doesn't even say Africa maybe in the video they were supposed to be filming in some US desert and trying to make it look like Africa... haha i mean if ppl wanna reach n pull the racism card i can reach and say maybe they weren't actually supposed to be in Africa. They could have been on location and setting up to look like a far place. saves time and money hollywood does it all the time. TAKE THAT

They actually did travel to Africa.

FreePalestine

shaneybaby

They actually did travel to Africa.

lol well whatever the video doesn't say that. all I'm saying is ppl are digging to deep into it like what would a black person have even been doing in this video? i agree with the person i quoted. if they had been doing camera work then that would have been racist. she would have needed a black co-star for it not to be. PS EVERYONE IN AFRICA IS NOT BLACK REMEMBER CADY HERON... 

MonsterOfSpain

Oh ok thanks

I don't think it wasn't needed, there are lots of locations like that in the world and I can't imagine Taylor in the middle of the desert surrounded by insects :laughga: 

Tommy Monster

It surprises me every time how people can make a big deal out of nothing, it´s fascinating to watch tbh :coffee: gives you the feeling of how peaceful and calm your life is, it´s nice to know you are far above the little things :party:

Archived