💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" Miley's attempt at ARTPOP?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

Gianni Versace

I honestly do compare DeadPetz and a Gaga album- I compare it to Born This Way.. 

Born This Way was much more polished yes- but it wasn't all that commercial- it was an album full of self love and creative vomit. And if anything I think DeadPetz should be respected because it was all creative outpouring by Miley. I know Miley had to have been extremely stoned and under the influence to write those songs, ESPECIALLY Pablow the Blowfish! omg... lol.. but I applaud Miley for making a record thats not moulded in a label's image. For once I think we got an artists vision recorded. Gaga needs to be allowed to do the same... Interscope should just take one solid break from influence just once. I think Gaga can make something incredible and raw too. Not saying she hasnt yet, but I think she can really really make something special- even if it's not a commercial hit. Some of you will drag me for this because some of you just want number ones and charts but I want something memorable. 

ALSO- food for thought.. Bad Romance almost didn't make it on the record or album or radio because IT WAS TOO EXPERIMENTAL. Jimmy Iovine hated it. 

1 Sun may be the best song ive heard in a while. You go Miley. 

Ughhh i'm such a fan of "creative vomit" moments. :giveup:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I didn't like Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz. Its just okay. ARTPOP is amazing and slays harder tbh. If Gaga released an album like miley's, I wouldnt be able to listen to it fully. I'd be upset. sorry Miley, I do appreciate the music tho

AbuHassan1992

Why should I explain my subjective opinion? 

you don't have to, but since we're on a forum discussing things, it makes sense to back up our opinions with explanations. 

and ARTPOP is a super commericial pop album, designed to be a hit (gaga's words) and this album is not. Nothing is experimental about art pop

Kermit the frog

If Gaga pulled a Miley at VMA 2013 she would've won the focking world. 

Luv u Sum

I honestly do compare DeadPetz and a Gaga album- I compare it to Born This Way.. 

Born This Way was much more polished yes- but it wasn't all that commercial- it was an album full of self love and creative vomit. And if anything I think DeadPetz should be respected because it was all creative outpouring by Miley. I know Miley had to have been extremely stoned and under the influence to write those songs, ESPECIALLY Pablow the Blowfish! omg... lol.. but I applaud Miley for making a record thats not moulded in a label's image. For once I think we got an artists vision recorded. Gaga needs to be allowed to do the same... Interscope should just take one solid break from influence just once. I think Gaga can make something incredible and raw too. Not saying she hasnt yet, but I think she can really really make something special- even if it's not a commercial hit. Some of you will drag me for this because some of you just want number ones and charts but I want something memorable. 

ALSO- food for thought.. Bad Romance almost didn't make it on the record or album or radio because IT WAS TOO EXPERIMENTAL. Jimmy Iovine hated it. 

1 Sun may be the best song ive heard in a while. You go Miley. 

Slay! i love this so much :sara:

Whispering

and ARTPOP is a super commericial pop album, designed to be a hit (gaga's words) and this album is not. Nothing is experimental about art pop

Going by the definition of "Experimental Music", Miley's album doesn't fit in that category either. It is experimental for Miley, just like much of Gaga's music has been, it just isn't Experimental Music. 

Like all of Gaga's albums, ARTPOP was not your typical Perry or Swift type pop album. It had songs that the typical pop girls would never record or put on an album. Gaga pushes the boundaries on all of her albums, in various ways. 

The same could be said for Miley's latest album, the difference being this isn't a major release that was supported by the record label. It's basically a bunch of songs she recorded while high and rambling her run on thoughts into a mic in her home studio. Therefore, ARTPOP and Miley's album have little to nothing to do with each other. One was constructed under the confines of a major record label and the other was not. If Miley can put something like this out as a major release from the label, then we can look at it in comparison to ARTPOP, or other albums like it. 

Whispering

If Gaga pulled a Miley at VMA 2013 she would've won the focking world. 

Nah, the big shocking part was that Hannah Montana was out on the stage grinding with a middle aged man and humping a foam finger. If Gaga, or any other established artist had done that, no one would have cared. 

Jenniferella

Are you freaking deaf ? Nothing about MAHDP reminds of ARTPOP, in any way.

Gosh, this forum is so full of sh*t !!!

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Honestly, I think And Her Dead Petz is more artistic and brave.

If the entire ARTPOP was more like Dope, ARTPOP and Aura it would truly live up to it's name. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

GagaisHotAF

I don't like Miley at all. But no it isn't an official album. Her label and management are not happy that she released her music for free.

Probably on Grindr

Kermit the frog

Nah, the big shocking part was that Hannah Montana was out on the stage grinding with a middle aged man and humping a foam finger. If Gaga, or any other established artist had done that, no one would have cared. 

I meant if she pulled 2015 Miley...

Rabbit Heart

This has nothing to do with ARTPOP unless you think ARTPOP is a flop trash with no fun in it! 

Starting with album cover to music it's all very very tragic and sad! 

Archived