💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" Miley's attempt at ARTPOP?

Gianni Versace

Featured Posts

Alfonso

I could say that it was definitely Miley's ARTPOP. Next stop, a jazz album with her daddy Billy ray.

:rip:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee

Not even Gaga herself knows what ARTPOP was supposed to be. 

This.

I listen to Miley's new album and I think "Wow. This IS experimental for someone like Miley, and I like it."

I wish ARTPOP had made me feel that way. But, Gaga has always been experimental, IMO. ARTPOP just wasn't what Gaga either wanted/or made it out to be.

TimisaMonster

Ummm...not in any way shape or form was a that mess anything like Gaga had in mind :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Gianni Versace

But of course they'll do Gaga like that.  Didn't you know Gaga's fans are her worst enemies?  They love to tear her down while praising other artists.  

They think it's funny and cool to joke about how much of a flop ARTPOP was when in reality it sold almost as much as her contemporaries!!  

If Gaga isn't crushing the charts and isn't number 1, she's the biggest joke and flop ever!!!  But, if she does in fact get number 1s then people here praise her because she becomes the new "it" girl.  Gaga Daily is all about the bling!  A bunch of hypocrites, if you ask me.

Rant over!!

I didn't mention charts at all anywhere and I didn't bring Gaga down at all so I don't know what you're alluding to. 

Gianni Versace

I mean if you guys don't think that this song sounds like an ARTPOP outtake then idk what to tell you:

the video only has 19 comments and out of those 19 comments, 4 have mentioned Gaga's influence on the track:

TCgdkXp.jpgBs0m16q.jpg3aHZjQH.jpgkRpiapu.jpg

artist: *does something remotely different from the rest*

this fanbase: ha true ARTPOP moment!!

i'm joking i have no mean intentions but i never understood how people here saw and see ARTPOP in almost everything. ARTPOP is one of the last albums that would come to my mind if i had to compare

I mean if you guys don't think that this song sounds like an ARTPOP outtake then idk what to tell you:

the video only has 19 comments and out of those 19 comments, 4 have mentioned Gaga's influence on the track:

TCgdkXp.jpgBs0m16q.jpg3aHZjQH.jpgkRpiapu.jpg

Did you change the title of your thread? Cause this one makes more sense.

And maybe Miley was in fact inspired by Gaga and ARTPOP, let's see in future interviews if she gives her any credit.

But what is annoying, we have some members here saying this is true ARTPOP, "this is actual artistic music", in attempt to put Gaga down like all she ever created was shallow generic pop music. 

FreePalestine

Gianni Versace

Did you change the title of your thread? Cause this one makes more sense.

And maybe Miley was in fact inspired by Gaga and ARTPOP, let's see in future interviews if she gives her any credit.

But what is annoying, we have some members here saying this is true ARTPOP, "this is actual artistic music", in attempt to put Gaga down like all she ever created was shallow generic pop music. 

I did because I feel the concept of this thread was being misconstrued and many users thought I was putting Gaga in a negative light when that's the furthest form what I was trying to do.

Miley's album seemed to fit all the criteria of ARTPOP and it made me question whether or not that was her intention. I mean, as other users have pointed out, the VMAs were basically artRAVE on a larger scale. She even added in the drag queens like Gaga did with the applause lyric video. (not that Gaga owns drag queens though, of course)

220px-CollXtion_I_by_Allie_X.png

Collxtion 1 represents everything Gaga claimed ARTPOP was supposed to be.

I dont know if the music represents ARTPOP since it's pretty straightforward pop and it isn't that experimental, but the rollout of the music yeah, definitley. The gifs, visuals, comic, stems, instrumentals, fan remixes etc, that should have been ARTPOP

who will love me when the night is over

Ophelia

not exactly Gaga's ARTPOP. It was an attempt at indie pop/ psychedelic pop, which are less commercial than traditional pop, so you can kinda count it as a part of art pop genre. 

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

Musically-wise, yes. But not because they sound fresh~ or ~experimental~ it's because she had a lot of freedom by putting this album out. If Gaga had that, we wouldn't have that Aura and Sexxx Dreams voice modification. Also, we would've had more experimental tracks than just commercial bops.

Visually-wise, hmmm, I'm not sure. That's not ARTPOP or PopArt at all, that's Miley style right there. ARTPOP was meant to sell art (visually) by singing pop songs (lyrically-musically).

And when will you guys understand that Music Not The Bling is JUST about making music that YOU, Y-O-U, Ü love. And by that you know that it may not chart well, but you'll still be happy if it didn't.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

BloodyM

This.

I listen to Miley's new album and I think "Wow. This IS experimental for someone like Miley, and I like it."

I wish ARTPOP had made me feel that way. But, Gaga has always been experimental, IMO. ARTPOP just wasn't what Gaga either wanted/or made it out to be.

100% agrees with you!! Gaga described ARTPOP as experimental rave sounding but in reality it was safe 'experimental' pop music. 

Archived