💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Was 'Stripped' one of the most controversial eras ever?

Mister Gaga

Featured Posts

Also, you are forgetting Ariana Grande's doughnut era.

The renowned

The controversial

The iconiqúe

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tumblr

It truly is :cry:, Legendtina always pushing the boundaries on what is acceptable and what is not

Queen of Music is an understatement 

iTl0KKSqKdJx7_zpse965209f.gif

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

FATCAT

ha ARTPOP era :giveup: 

Gaga wasn't banned from radio or called a terrorist during the ARTPOP era. How is this remotely 'ha ARTPOP era'??? :wtf:

Purr more, hiss less.

Tumblr

Also, you are forgetting Ariana Grande's doughnut era.

This actually, I misspoke in my last post

iTl0KKSqKdJx7_zpse965209f.gif

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Spock

I wouldn't say the whole era was one of the most controversial, but the music video kind of was. Like, my dad wouldn't let me watch it :laughga:

who will love me when the night is over

Chromatislaps

Gaga wasn't banned from radio or called a terrorist during the ARTPOP era. How is this remotely 'ha ARTPOP era'??? :wtf:

wasn't the public and the media practically ignoring Gaga, after Applause? I'm sure the GP found Gaga to be overexposed at the end of the BTW era. Most of the GP where still pressed about BTW during the ARTPOP era :awkney: 

Mister Gaga

Her nasty attitude really bit her on the ass. If she kept her mouth shut her career wouldn't be so forgettable. Mary J Blige said it right, She may have a good voice but that attitude of hers wont get her far. 

I'm sorry, but her 'nasty attitude' turned her into a legend...Xtina's decay started in 2010, because Bionic was horrible. But before that she was good :shrug:

FATCAT

wasn't the public and the media practically ignoring Gaga, after Applause? I'm sure the GP found Gaga to be overexposed at the end of the BTW era. Most of the GP where still pressed about BTW during the ARTPOP era :awkney: 

Over-exposed doesn't make her a terrorist though. :lmao:

Purr more, hiss less.

Alien Tulip

I'm sorry, but her 'nasty attitude' turned her into a legend...Xtina's decay started in 2010, because Bionic was horrible. But before that she was good :shrug:

I definitely wouldn't call her a "legend" especially since she hasn't toured in almost a decade.

Mister Gaga

I definitely wouldn't call her a "legend" especially since she hasn't toured in almost a decade.

Michael Jackson's last tour before his death was in 1997.

I'm not comparing Michael with Xtina, but your point makes no sense

Alien Tulip

Michael Jackson's last tour before his death was in 1997.

I'm not comparing Michael with Xtina, but your point makes no sense

No it does because his had a long promising career and a legacy which is something Christina lacks.

Mister Gaga

No it does because his had a long promising career and a legacy which is something Christina lacks.

What do you understand by legacy? Good sales? People don't remember how much your last album sold, they remember what you say, and how you act. That's legacy for me. Xtina's Beautiful it's her best legacy, and has nothing to do with touring or sales. Xtina was advocating for LGBTQ rights back in 2002 when George W. Bush was president and marriage equality wasn’t a given; and when being a LGBTQ stan wasn't cool, like now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABl2Vl9yr0). 

That's what i remember. That's legacy. Not a dance move, not an outfit. 

Alien Tulip

What do you understand by legacy? Good sales? People don't remember how much your last album sold, they remember what you say, and how you act. That's legacy for me. Xtina's Beautiful it's her best legacy, and has nothing to do with touring or sales. Xtina was advocating for LGBTQ rights back in 2002

MJ had a massive cultural impact around the world. Xtina might have supported gay rights in 2002 but that doesn't mean she's made an impact except for Beautiful and Lady Marmalade. I have not once mentioned sales but you mentioned Xtina is a "legend" as if the gays still support her like they did in 2002 - 2003.

Mister Gaga

MJ had a massive cultural impact around the world. Xtina might have supported gay rights in 2002 but that doesn't mean she's made an impact except for Beautiful and Lady Marmalade. I have not once mentioned sales but you mentioned Xtina is a "legend" as if the gays still support her like they did in 2002 - 2003.

I'm not questioning MJ's impact! I was asking what do you understand by legacy, because you say that Xtina doesn't have one. 

But i see you're still confused. Madonna doesn't have the same 'gay' support she had back in the 90's. But that doesn't mean she isn't a legend (talking about the gays). The same goes with Xtina.

Both, Madonna and Xtina, made a great impact and left legacy in history because they helped the world, in some way, to accept the LGBTQ community. We see the effects every day, in case you wonder.

Archived