question

Why do some people dislike Halsey?

Stephen

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaisitalian

I just see a lot of preteen twinks flocking to her and that's enough to keep me from listening.

Paper Gangsta

there we go :) she doesn't even have a negative opinion on gaga and you guys were throwing the r word around, attacking her for something she didn't even do :) hope y'all are proud of yourselves :)

litteraly only person "attacked" her and now we all were attacking her?

Also he just commented her move not her as an artist or a person. But yeah I agree it was said in a bad way though. He could have just said it was a dumb move without using r word

SEVDALIZA

litteraly only person "attacked" her and now we all were attacking her?

Also he just commented her move not her as an artist or a person. But yeah I agree it was said in a bad way though. He could have just said it was a dumb move without using r word

I used "y'all" just because I usually do so, nothing else, I was not insinuating everyone attacked her. I'm just saying that comments like that say a lot about this fanbase. 

operating from another world

AM98GJ

I've loved every track off of BADLANDS so far I can't wait. And ffs someone can have a similar style to someone without being a rip off. Lana is one of the most popular alternative artists that doesn't mean no OTHER GIRL can make alternative music, they literally sound nothing a like. ****ing stans piss me off sometimes thinking their fave is so high and mighty 

gagzus

I dislike the fact she talks about being an oppressed minority even though she isn't 

Paper Gangsta

I used "y'all" just because I usually do so, nothing else, I was not insinuating everyone attacked her. I'm just saying that comments like that say a lot about this fanbase. 

well it's only one comment, you can't generalize whole fanbase over it. 

I don't think she's anything special. Plus her voice just isn't my cup of tea. 

Her lyrics can come off a little too contrived & stereotypical/ try hard sometimes. 

All in all, there's nothing she offers that I want/ couldn't find better elsewhere. 

SEVDALIZA

well it's only one comment, you can't generalize whole fanbase over it. 

not one of a kind though, comments like that are not rare around here when someone has an opinion on Gaga other than licking her ass. e.g. Madonna

anyway, we're going off topic here

operating from another world

Paper Gangsta

not one of a kind though, comments like that are not rare around here when someone has an opinion on Gaga other than licking her ass. e.g. Madonna

anyway, we're going off topic here

all stanbases have people like that. Madonna fans are even worse so lets not. 

Anyways I get your point :)

Riot Poof

I dislike the fact she talks about being an oppressed minority even though she isn't 

Mixed people aren't an oppressed minority?

teenager-eating-popcorn-300x200.jpg

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

freebit

I think it's because some of these Lana or Sky fans don't like the fact that Halsey might become commercially bigger than them while she's jacking their style. In the case of Sky is seems especially unfair when you consider that Sky and Halsey are both on Capital, yet Sky can't seem to get the same amount of support and promotional push that Halsey appears to be getting.  

I personally think Halsey is an amalgam of alternative tumblrcore culture and not necessarily a 100% ripoff of Lana/Sky. People kept comparing the NTMT video with Ghosts, but it's clear that they're just two sides of the same indie girl coin, but Halsey's sound is far more palatable. Sky clearly would not be happy being controlled or would want to water down her sound for the masses, so I mean, what can anyone expect?

Um, what? She's half black. 

Archived