Fiona Apple

Featured Posts

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

What do you call these songs? 

Pop trap? or what? 

It's not trap or edm at all.. It's a mix of dark wave with electropop.. And you seriously think that it's not original? I want EVEN 1 ALBUM that sounds like this one.. :awkney:

Jenniferella

I don't get the point of your comment :awkney: If you really mean it though.. It's the BRILLIANT debut album from the alternative new artist Melanie Martinez.You should give it a listen :love:

I will !!

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Eros92

PRESSED AF

The album is literally flawless. For a DEBUT album it's pretty damn good. It's all al giant story. It's brilliant. Every song has a meaning and I think thats beautiful. 

Prometheus

that's unfortunate. FROOT is amazing. give it a listen, you may fell in love again. 

I've given it a listen, but it's just not there. I'm not a big fan of the sound.

mcphee

I just thought the concept was all a bit much, it sounds okay but the track listing is so basic it actually hurts. 

Whispering

I always liked Melanie on The Voice. I listened to the album and liked a few of the songs, but it did seem to be a bit too much of the same thing. It also stayed at one level for me. 

I think it is a good starting point. The real telling point will be what she does on the next album, how she grows from her debut and what she can do, past the little girl theme. 

mucinex

i think it was a great album for a debut and i listen to it often, i would give it a 3.5 or a 4, i love it but it is bland. but melanie has an idea and stuck with it and did it well you can't give that a 2, that is just disrespectful 

Fiona Apple

It's a fair score. They were generous already, that album doesn't deserve more.

Could you explain why? 

This thread and article made me curious about the album, so I went and gave a passive listen and read through the lyrics. 

The concept of the album is extremely unique and I love how she paired up things which represent a childlike innocence with very dark and serious subject matter. It's also personal to her, as it reflects her emotional troubles.

She even wrote a book and had it illustrated where each page corresponded to a song on the album.

It's completely cohesive, which is rare to see. 

The only issue I have with the album is that there isn't a lot of diversity in her vocals throughout the song and some of the sounds seem pretty basic for the genre (I can't describe them...just like...typical music sounds to hear with music like this?)

It reminds me of Kerli, but with better album concept, direction, and lyrics, but less advanced in the non-verbal part of the music, if that makes sense. 

Billboard gave a bad review. Not only is the review horribly written, it doesn't give Cry Baby the credit it deserves. 

Zsolti

This thread and article made me curious about the album, so I went and gave a passive listen and read through the lyrics. 

The concept of the album is extremely unique and I love how she paired up things which represent a childlike innocence with very dark and serious subject matter. It's also personal to her, as it reflects her emotional troubles.

She even wrote a book and had it illustrated where each page corresponded to a song on the album.

The only issue I have with the album is that there isn't a lot of diversity in her vocals throughout the song and some of the sounds seem pretty basic for the genre (I can't describe them...just like...typical music sounds to hear with music like this?)

It reminds me of Kerli, but with better album concept, direction, and lyrics, but less advanced in the non-verbal part of the music, if that makes sense. 

Billboard gave a bad review. Not only is the review horribly written, it doesn't give Cry Baby the credit it deserves. 

basic? :emma:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

basic? :emma:

Not the song itself, just some of the musical...effects? Sounds?

Like the less noticeable equivalent of the airhorn in rap music. There are just certain sounds used that pop up a lot in music like this that I noticed. They tend to stick out like a sore thumb to me, despite the fact that I can never describe them appropriately. :emma: 

Fiona Apple

I agree with everything you said except of the "some of the sounds seem pretty basic for the genre" part because I think that her musical style is very unique...But yeah I don't think that an album like this can actually get below 3,5/5

Archived