Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
question

What if Gaga were black?

Didymus

Featured Posts

Alien Tulip

I think Mrs. Strange (a character played by Grace Jones in the movie Boomerang) is the perfect example of what Gaga could have been if she was black :deadbanana:

Grace Jones always creeped me the **** out :rip: 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Idk actually, there's a few possibilities 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Jesse Pinkman

No she wouldn't have the same amount of success because her market would've been entirely different.

It's science, bitch

VOLANTIS

She would be fuming at Taylor Swift because MTV wouldn't nominate 'Nature Boy' Music Video. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Jesse Pinkman

Beyoncè and Gaga are two completely different artists so the comparisons would've been a stretch for sure. :rip:

She 100% would be called would "This generation's Grace Jones" or "The Black Madonna."

It's science, bitch

Didymus

She would be fuming at Taylor Swift because MTV wouldn't nominate 'Nature Boy' Music Video. 

Omg

Laugh_adele.gif

Kabexuela

Very interesting topic.  I am at work which leads me to not participate but only to take a peek to keep my brain fluids going...

Bette Davis

:rip::rip::rip::rip:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Riot Poof

Here are some things off the top of my head.

* Her music would possibly have been more R&B, since she would've probably been more exposed to music traditionally associated with the African-American community. Then again, there are many black people who don't really listen to R&B or hip-hop. I think Santigold straight-up said that she doesn't listen to R&B. In addition, some black musicians have succeeded with dance-pop in the past, such as Janet Jackson and Rihanna. Basically, Black!Gaga could've been a significantly different performer or not that different to White!Gaga.

* She may not have been as successful as White!Gaga, especially if she was dark-skinned.

* She might have more black fans than she does now. This may come at the expense of not having as many white fans as she does now.

* She'd discuss racial issues more because she'd gain more of an understanding on how it is to be a person of color.

* Madonna stans and SJWs wouldn't be as vicious towards her.

But like... who knows? A lot of things can change if someone is born a different race, since many factors are tied into race, such as socioeconomics. Of course, different socioeconomics alone is enough to change someone. Gaga would've also been a different person if she was born into a poor white family in Alabama, for example.

My brain hurts. :saladga:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived