đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will do well if LG5's lead single is of this nature?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Have you not heard of Someone Like You by Adele or Royals by Lorde? :emma:

last time I checked Lorde and Adele couldn't be more different than Gaga

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
adamsenigma

She would flop so hard with EDM again, trust me, that genre has been dying since mid 2013, now if she wants to have a huge comeback she needs to release a PURE pop song, a R&B piece or a ballad, but EDM is no longer a thing.. 

gagzus

you hear that? If you're tired of gaga making edm music, you should stop listening to her. 

Or she could realize that it's time to switch it up because her past 4 albums have been edm. You know what most artists do? They switch things up each album. They grow and evolve. Yes gaga has done that. To an extent. Compare poker face to MANiCURE. Yeah they sound different. But compare sugar we're going down to Uma Thurman. Both by fob. They altered their music a little to suit the changing trends in music. 

yes you shouldn't listen to her, because she's a popstar and her main audience are pop lovers and she's technically a dance musician :flop: 

I'm all for her doing some performances and stuff here and there for projects, C2C was supposed to be a side project after all but evolved bigger because of the reception.

And if she needs to "alter a little to suit the trends" she should be making House music because she's a dance/pop musician and the current in-style of Dance & Pop music is House which is EDM :flop:  but we know for a fact the next album will be electronic, she will showcase her voice more & possibly some disco music might be in there too.

She knows that at least a vast majority of her fans are gays who stan pop culture not tragic wannabe hipsters who demand she shifts genres when THEY want her to bye.

gagzus

She would flop so hard with EDM again, trust me, that genre has been dying since mid 2013, now if she wants to have a huge comeback she needs to release a PURE pop song, a R&B piece or a ballad, but EDM is no longer a thing.. 

House is becoming the in-style...

Bloody Matt

A ballad would be perfect as second single imo... But for the lead I would like a more uptempo rock song

moonboywow

Also taylor swift went from country to pop. It won't be impossible for gaga to change genres. Ya'll are just stuck in 2009. 

"Yeah I want new music but I want it to sound like old music". GO LISTEN TO A POKER FACE REMIX OR SOMETHING 

moonboywow

Like...why would you want her to make the same old same old? For success? Fvck success. If that means selling out...just screw it. I'd rather have her do something different and exciting and "flop on the charts" than for her to make a remake of an old song she already made and "slay"

samraus1317

Just Dance, Bad Romance, Born This Way and Applause were all up-tempo songs and I would give props to her to give this a shot. A lot of people claimed how Cheek to Cheek, The Oscars performance and everything this year had "cleansed" her image, imagine if she releases a dance song and come back with crazy outfits etc. and have a comeback of her usual style, her "Cheek to Cheek advantage" would have been put in vain. It would be, however, different to see Gaga release a lead single like this. I think this is not just fresh to the GP but to little monsters as well.

I'm only referring to the lead single, not the entire album. The entire album can sound like Bad Romance or Judas.

I know there is risk to this but if things work out this can be extremely beneficial to LG5 the whole record. I personally think the world is getting more and more interested in ballads and mid-tempo songs nowadays, artists like Lorde, Adele and Sam Smith have found their success through this type of genre, and hence Gaga, with strong initial support especially for her lead singles both from her fans and media coverage, will have high chances of success if she indeed does this.

Not to mention how songs in such nature are easier to get nominated and win at the Grammy awards. I think Rihanna was pulling this with FourFiveSeconds. Rihanna has also found her success in Stay which was nominated for a Grammy award if my memory serves me right.

Hidden Content

Can we get an Soemone like you/I wanna be wrth you song as the lead single. That would do great with the second single a Beautiful dirty rich old disco/fun sound then the next single be a Judas/Bad Romance hit,4th single be her personal song like guy or mtn then the 5 th single being a Bad Blood/Shiesse song then the final single being a poker face song but more rock inspired maybe like Money Honey live at MSG monster ball 

Bradley

last time I checked Lorde and Adele couldn't be more different than Gaga

It's not the artists I'm talking about, it's the nature of the songs. I was trying to point out how ballads can also achieve great success on the charts.

Bradley

well at least 90% of this fanbase are pop stans and she'd sell a hell of a lot less than even Xtina did with Bionic after losing almost all her fans, she already lost some with C2C and the majority didn't buy it. 

& if you're tired of EDM, don't listen to it no one is forcing you to :flop: 

Just wanna clarify how a lot of fans were also gained from Cheek to Cheek. The "lost" fans will come back eventually when she releases new mainstream music.

Bradley

yes you shouldn't listen to her, because she's a popstar and her main audience are pop lovers and she's technically a dance musician :flop: 

I'm all for her doing some performances and stuff here and there for projects, C2C was supposed to be a side project after all but evolved bigger because of the reception.

And if she needs to "alter a little to suit the trends" she should be making House music because she's a dance/pop musician and the current in-style of Dance & Pop music is House which is EDM :flop:  but we know for a fact the next album will be electronic, she will showcase her voice more & possibly some disco music might be in there too.

She knows that at least a vast majority of her fans are gays who stan pop culture not tragic wannabe hipsters who demand she shifts genres when THEY want her to bye.

I respect your opinion but I just wanna remind you that there's this GP out there who also listens to whatever is on the radio, hence Gaga's listeners and audience ain't just her little monsters but a wide range of people.

Bradley

Actually I really don't understand why there is an argument here between the pop lovers and the ballad lovers. Noticed how I pointed out that the album can be filled with a diverse range of music and hence everyone here can be satisfied in some way? I was just referring to her lead single, her second and successor singles can always be different from the previous one.

TEANUS

I guess she could. But I love the dance Gaga

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived