Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Is America Turning on Taylor Swift?

craig

Featured Posts

Alcina Dimitrescu

What would be those "receipts"? 3-4 videos (where she is not tragic, but mediocre) out of 500 in which she sounds like a dying parrot?

A Navy with the Stay performance at the Grammys tea. 

She sounds pretty good in the Prismatic World Tour.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine

She sounds pretty good in the Prismatic World Tour.

I don't wanna go off topic, but yesterday I saw her TIHWD performance at the PWT and it was ATROCIOUS! 

I guess we have different opinions about sounding "pretty good". 

Alcina Dimitrescu

I don't wanna go off topic, but yesterday I saw her TIHWD performance at the PWT and it was ATROCIOUS! 

I guess we have different opinions about sounding "pretty good". 

Thats among the last songs tho. At least she is singing instead of spending 15 mins talking and singing 2 words :proud:

JeffSwift

6 instruments? Let's see. Taylor plays the guitar, ukulele, piano, and banjo. Do you even know how to count? How is that 6 instruments? Anyway, Taylor cannot even play those instruments properly. All she does is playing a few basic strums and cords on those instruments. That's about it. Even though I do not think of the quality of Taylor's music and lyrics as great, innovative, creative, interesting, diverse, mature, amazing, excellent, or smart, I do give her the fact that she actually writes her own lyrics and composes her own music (maybe sometimes with other songwriters and producers). 

How about instead of a--lyzing my general statement, and trying to shade my math skills. You take your 11 year old ass and do some summer reading before school starts. 

Spock

How about instead of a--lyzing my general statement, and trying to shade my math skills. You take your 11 year old ass and do some summer reading before school starts. 

giphy.gif

who will love me when the night is over

Kacey Elizabeth

Katy has impact, she's just always been in the shadow of Gaga or Taylor. It's not a bad thing to be Target or Wendy's or Kylie Minogue because #2 comes in for a lot less criticism and scrutiny than Wal-Mart or McDonald's or Madonna.

It's because Katy's ultimate and true peak is yet to come. 

Yes, Ammurica does that with every successful popstar. Strangely enough, they didn't with katy perry, but maybe that has to do with the lack of power and impact. 

Let's not act like Taylor has impact.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

heavyMetalGAGA

Katy has impact, she's just always been in the shadow of Gaga or Taylor. It's not a bad thing to be Target or Wendy's or Kylie Minogue because #2 comes in for a lot less criticism and scrutiny than Wal-Mart or McDonald's or Madonna.

I really don't think Katy or Taylor have had any significant impact on the music industry. That's one thing they share in common, besides poor vocals. They also both have always been in the shadows of other people & have taken advantage of trends that were set by other artists. 

Iwontell

I don't think ppl are turning on her just yet...it's one or two bad comments in an ocean of kudos right now...it is eventually going to happen, but I don't think it matters, really...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

I really don't think Katy or Taylor have had any significant impact on the music industry. That's one thing they share in common, besides poor vocals. They also both have always been in the shadows of other people & have taken advantage of trends that were set by other artists. 

I'd give Taylor credit for innovation in two areas. (1) She the first huge Teen Country star. Before her there were country pop crossovers (like Shania and Dolly), and teen pop icons like Britney and Justin T, but Taylor is first to combine both. She's also the first to trot out dozens of friends as part of a tour (which might became a trend or might go done in ridicule).

Katy has a unique sense of humour and aesthetic, and will be remembered as the main Dr. Luke diva, which counts for something because he's so commercially dominant. A lot of famous pop divas became stars because of a genius producer behind them, from Diana Ross to Donna Summer to early Kylie.

Sister

I doubt it, because I just went out shopping at three different department stores and all of them were playing her songs from her latest album.

America must love this girl

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Psychedelic

Thats among the last songs tho. At least she is singing instead of spending 15 mins talking and singing 2 words :proud:

where is *deadbanana* emoji when you need it?

Zsolti

savage

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Sizzily

I would be glad to see less and less of her honestly. Never really liked her music much. 

One Banned Boi

Archived