Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

General American Horror Story Discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Jase

Featured Posts

MANiCURE1295

Asylum >>> Murder House >>> Freakshow >>> Coven

Asylum>>Freakshow>>>Coven>>>Murder House

I love Asylum and Freakshow. Coven was good also I just don't think its as good as Asylum and Freakshow. Murder House was my least favorite, it's not that it was bad by any means I just didn't connect with the characters as much.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sizzily

Kinda off topic but I have a question. So on the American Horror Story subreddit, there seems to be a lot of Drag Race fans. And in general, quite a few Drag Races fans loves season 3. Was there something about Coven that attracted a more... I don't know how to say this... feminine crowd? I'm not hating, I'm just curious. Do you think the same thing will happen this season b/c of Gaga?

One Banned Boi

FGGrayson

Asylum>>Freakshow>>>Coven>>>Murder House

I love Asylum and Freakshow. Coven was good also I just don't think its as good as Asylum and Freakshow. Murder House was my least favorite, it's not that it was bad by any means I just didn't connect with the characters as much.

this, i think the same way

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Murder House > Freak Show > Coven/Asylum

Definitely an unpopular opinion but Murder House was amazing and the big twist in the season really made it my favourite out of the 4. Freak Show was GREAT and people just like to hate on it because it was more artistically driven than giving us genuine modern 'scares'. It explored the horrors that freak show performers faced, but most people just push the season aside because it was 'weird'. I can't decide which I prefer out of Coven and Asylum, one was amazingly shot and was a lot of fun and the other was terrifying - in a good way.

Kinda off topic but I have a question. So on the American Horror Story subreddit, there seems to be a lot of Drag Race fans. And in general, quite a few Drag Races fans loves season 3. Was there something about Coven that attracted a more... I don't know how to say this... feminine crowd? I'm not hating, I'm just curious. Do you think the same thing will happen this season b/c of Gaga?

It was a very 'camp' season, it was about witches after all. But it was a modern day twist on the idea, so you had Madison (Emma Roberts) as a sassy rich girl with telekinesis etc. It was b---hy, but it was fun. So I'm guessing that's why drag race fans enjoyed it so much? 

Freak Show gets too much hate. I watched it when it was on and felt it wasn't as good as past seasons but I've rewetted a lot of it this summer and I'm enjoying it a lot more. It's still not my favourite but I really like it. It got a little plotless in the middle but it picked up after episode 8 and every episode after that was great in my opinion. Episode 10 is one of the best episodes of American Horror Story ever (maybe because it reminded us all of how great Asylum was) but it was still an amazing episode nonetheless. 

I really love all seasons though. I hope Hotel shapes up to be amazing too.

I agree, Pepper's episode in Freak Show was hands down one of the best AHS episodes we've seen. It dragged me through so many emotions and answered some really important questions for me. I'm excited to see who's going to 'check in' to Hotel, hopefully we'll have some more questions answered!

Sizzily

It was a very 'camp' season, it was about witches after all. But it was a modern day twist on the idea, so you had Madison (Emma Roberts) as a sassy rich girl with telekinesis etc. It was b---hy, but it was fun. So I'm guessing that's why drag race fans enjoyed it so much? 

THAT'S IT!! Thank you :kissga:

One Banned Boi

Murder House was great. I think Asylum is my favorite. I loved Coven but it didn't get interesting until the 5th or 6th episode, the ending was amazing though. Haven't watched Freak Show yet.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

MaryJaneHolland

I haven't seen any of them, because they weren't aired in my country :fthis: But I saw many trailers and I can say that Coven is the best. 

Evan Peters

I haven't seen any of them, because they weren't aired in my country :fthis: But I saw many trailers and I can say that Coven is the best. 

oh, sweetie lmao

emma roberts is an abuser

Evan Peters

I'd have to rate the seasons as such: murder house > Freak Show > Asylum >>>>> Coven

I don't think there was really anything to hate in murder house other than a few loose strings that most people don't even realize (like how tate got the rubber suit even though the garbage cans were outside of the gates—which it could have made sense that it was still a part of the house until Violet tried to leave and just popped back into the house as soon as she reached the gates :rip: )

I use to lovee Asylum but the more I watch, the less love i feel for. I still think it was a good season but I feel there could have been more to it to wrap everything up at the end. Ryan has this way of ****ing up everything in the last episode of a season though so I can't really complain too much. I do hate how everyone loves Lana Winters. Not because I'm a hipster who thinks you can't like popular characters but because she was so irritating to me. And Sarah Paulson's compulsion to brag about her (and being the supreme) in a druken daze at Paleyfests are getting old. 

I tried to give Coven a chance, i really did. I watched the entire season praying that by the next episode, it would get better. It didn't, and I realize I should have quit when they introduced an unnecessary threesome (Kyle couldn't use a fork but somehow knew how to **** someone against a wall + participate in a threesome? Lmao, nice try there, boo) and an unequally unnecessary backstory on Hank. The ending was predictable and the only real comic relief point the entire season was Madison thinking she was going to be supreme.  I actually liked the Madison the first three episodes. I read in an interview somewhere that she was supposed to stay dead after Fiona killed her but arrangements were arranged (I'll keep my Emma Roberts shade to a minimum since I don't want people to use the excuse that I hate on her horribly written + portrayed characters for the sole reason that she plays them) and she ended up coming back and doing absolutely nothing. Honestly, the people who call Zoe useless turn a blind eye to our blonde, D-list famous move star. 

I will say that I liked the aesthetic Ryan was going for. Light and airy but he completely wiped away the purpose and main plot of the season by doing so. Worrying more about stale comedy rather than keeping up with the plot was probably my biggest complaint about Coven. That and the plotholes...and undeveloped characters...and the scenes that made absolutely no sense (see: threesome, hank story, Queenie getting raped by that Minotaur). It was campy but in a recycled, boring way. 

And, no. I don't consider it scary. Actually, none of the seasons have come close to actually scaring me so whenever people assume I don't like it because it wasn't terrifying, I shake my head :smh: 

I actually didn't have high expectations for Freak Show so I was pleasantly surprised by teh outcome of it. There were some "why the **** moments" (see ALL of episode 9—Ryan deserves to be beat with his blue hat for writing Jimmy Darling so out of character; no, being drunk isn't an excuse, he was just written terrible that episode. That entire episode was actually awful but Ryan did write it all by himself so who knows) but overall I thought it was a pretty cohesive season. The plot was there (the lives of the people in a freak show [for god's sake people, that was the plot!! not so hard to understand!]) and I thoroughly enjoyed most of the characters. 

I did think the ending was dumb though when Dandy killed everyone. I mean really? White boy taking down Eve? Ok. And the fact that he never reloaded a gun that only has like 3 bullets per round in it lol. 

I am going into Hotel with high expectations this time around. Ryan is tooting his horn especially loud this season so he better deliver. I am kinda pissed that we still don't have information on Mr. March but I'm guessing if the whole "he's a weirdo who spends all the time in his room" theory is actually true then it explains it.

I'm excited for the promo pictures that'll be coming soon and especially excited for the Hotel premiere. I'm wondering if Gaga is gonna go over the top with her outfit 

emma roberts is an abuser

Sizzily

I would say Asylum>Murder House>Freakshow>>>Coven

Beyond Myrtle Snow, the camp in Coven was just too much. :fthis:

One Banned Boi

• HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived