šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

General American Horror Story Discussion (Seasons 1-4)

Jase

Featured Posts

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel like im the only one that hated Asylum...like sure it is good. but compared to Coven and Murder house to me its very underwhelming. they couldĀ“ve developed the story a lot more and got rid of the alien stuff. my favorite season is Coven because Ā to me its the closest to have a continuous plot (unlike the fist two that every episode is totally random and unconnected to each other and then the season just gets tied up together in the finale) AND i have always been fascinated by magic and witchcraft! i started freakshow yesterday and i hate it. its so underwhelming. it took me 3 days to watch episode one. i kept ditching it. i will try to force myself to finish the season

I think the opposite, Coven is so inconsistent. The Kyle subplot took a 180 degrees turn, Fiona can't decide if she despises or loves her daughter, Delphine can't decide if she's racist or not, that random axeman, the way that every character that dies is brought back from the dead...

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

SomethingMore

Surprised to see so many Monsters who haven't checked out AHS prior to Gaga being announced as the lead for Season 5Ā :emma:

Head Empty

I binged season 1-3 in less than two weeks a while ago, but I seriously can't get myself motivated for season 4 because it has such a bad reputation :emma:.

Surprised to see so many Monsters who haven't checked out AHS prior to Gaga being announced as the lead for Season 5Ā :emma:

I was always fascinated by the series but I have trouble following series, Gaga was the push it took to have me hookedĀ 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Rat Boy

Finished all 4 seasons!

Asylum > Coven > Murder House > Freakshow

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

I have not seen the first season but everything else.

Freak Show is definitely my favourite... It is so aware of itself visually and artistically,Ā for instance the scene when Elsa goes to recruit the Fat Lady there where 2 patients getting hypnotised at the back and Elsa is recruiting her on the patio, Dandy's slow transformation into a serial killer... killing the maid was really scary and tense (it was good writing)Ā It had more of such informed cinematic choices for telling the story.Ā Ā I found it genuinely disturbing compared to the other seasons... (dandy and Twisty were just stuff from our nightmares) But the part which really took the series high up was Edward Mondrake... Those episodes were seriously out of the world.... Dennis O Hare's character, Bette and Dot, Elsa Mars were my favourite characters, interest-wise, this season and in order.

Asylum was so Meta. It really was a good satire... It did speak of the wonders of science and religion (therefore nature versus nurture) and also the horrors if both reach theirĀ extremes, something that we can relate to soĀ much in todays world of religious morality versus radical empiricism... but my problem with it,Ā was that, it started to loose its initial motive to make a point butĀ just entertain (which it did well). Favourite characters in terms of being intriguing and interesting : Sister Mary Eunice, Dr Oliver Thredson ( I was genuinely rooting for him before we knew the truth)Ā Ā , Lana Winters.

Coven, This was the last season I saw and I loved it in the beginning, It was so sassy and fun and now IĀ know why the thought of scream queens came from a spin off, off this season. BUT it just got bat **** unscary and unfunny.The idea of having a rivalry between 2Ā schools of witchcraft sounds fun on paper but turns out to be super campy by the 8th or 9th episode because : Ā Everyone was brought back to life, these girlsĀ can undo things veryĀ easily, every thing is accomplished through magic, some characters have no business in the season, too many plot lines and **** happened so often that IĀ was like meh, for exampleĀ WhenĀ Emma Roberts's characterĀ throughs Lily Rabe into the grave, ( because she wants to be the supreme) just so she can twirl the stevie nicks shawl around the grave , nice imagery but whats the point if she comes back again for the 3rd ****ing time.Ā  the extent these witches would go to get stuff done was tedious to watch. WTF was Evan peters doing?

Ā Again this season was also veryĀ aware artistically for example when Frances was playing that creepy instrument and Sarah PaulsonĀ was throwing things around in the green house...very artsy and cinematic and funny in a dark way, just like emma graveyard sceneĀ but the stories were too haphazard.Ā Interesting Characters :Ā Marie Delphine LaLaurie and Frances Conroy's character thats it.

Coven > Asylum > Freakshow > Murder HouseĀ 

Coven is by far the most interesting plot in AHS. Hotel may beat that though.Ā 

Asylum is second best because the storyline is amazing too, loved every bit.Ā 

Freakshow made me so sad for the freaks. :( The storyline is amazing but the horror elements are not there.Ā 

Murder House was quite okay, but my interest for it is not there at all.Ā 

Emma20020226

Asylum>FreakShow>Murder House/Coven

Ā 

Coven was great, but 1 thing didn't need to happen.... My favourite character died!!! MISTY DAY!!Ā :fthis:Ā :giveup:

Christina

Asylum>FreakShow>Murder House/Coven

Ā 

Coven was great, but 1 thing didn't need to happen.... My favourite character died!!! MISTY DAY!!Ā :fthis:Ā :giveup:

She was my favourite too! I bawled my eyes out when she died :giveup:Ā 

My mom says I'm cool

• 2 weeks later...
iloveit123

I don't know why so many people don't like Freakshow... I found it pretty damn awesome - the songs, the characters, the tie-in to Asylum and that whole episode of her going to the orphanage was emotional as hell.

I know a lot of people complained about plot, but hello, in most of the the seasons the plot is questionable, haha.

Asylum is still my fave series though.

Most of the series are a bit messy by the end, but overall, all great TV.

• HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived