"Checking In" episode discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NYCMonster1984

@LadyDoppelGaga

Somehow my first paragraph disappeared. I wanted to say sorry to what happened to your friends. 

I actually felt guilty because it were two friends who were only watching it for me, because of Gaga-I had no idea it was a trigger for people. 

Tbh I don't remember many old times horror movies having explicit rape scenes. :koons: 

So just because it's 'horror' it doesn't mean rape must be included. But these days everything is more s-xual, more gory, more sick and twisted.

Just my opinion tho. :koons: 

Glad that Gaga wasn't in that scene at least.

FreePalestine

River

Was so disappointed about the rape scene... it was so censored and not terrifying like some people described it.. and we saw the drilldo only once.. I wish it was more graphic.. I want to be shocked and disturbed..

Matt Bomer is so hot, his ass is so perfect.. please show us the other side of the moon.. PLEASE!!

Gaga was hmm well... I don't know, it went from good to bad in one second.. sometimes it felt like a fake acting.. but for her debut it was good and probably she will be better in the next episodes..

****** did they really removed (editing thingy) the D from Matt and the other guy at the orgy scene?!

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

I hope The Countess gets eyebrows asap because I had problems to see her expressions... :sweat:

She will.

dC00vga.jpg

FreePalestine

Whispering

Tbh I don't remember many old times horror movies having explicit rape scenes. :koons: 

So just because it's 'horror' it doesn't mean rape must be included. But these days everything is more s-xual, more gory, more sick and twisted.

Just my opinion tho. :koons: 

Glad that Gaga wasn't in that scene at least.

I don't think AHS has ever been on the same track as old time horror movies. Lol

All those crime shows on network TV have rape and violence cases. They are shown after nine pm so they get away with telling those stories. As you move to cable tv and paid tv (including Netflix) you see much more graphic displays of all kinds of horror and violence. 

The fans of this show say this is typical for AHS and it is in its fifth season. Like you, I don't enjoy watching these types of shows, but there is obviously an audience for it. 

Quasi

I really enjoyed the first episode. I had this constant feeling of dread throughout the whole thing and it was quite disturbing to feel. If that atmosphere continues throughout the whole season then I'm gonna love every second of it! :giveup:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

AquaFire Witch

Hours later after it has sinked in, I think this was a safe role for Gaga. The Abramovic Method meditation really paid off. She seemed very focused. I love the Countess!

I will say that as a fan of the show my favorite character is Sally and then Iris. I mean those two are just hilarious to watch. And Sarah just blew me away last night. I am officially creeped out by Sally and I LOVE IT!!!!

All of the guys are hot, but I noticed some people saying why did Ryan and team choose actors that all looked alike. I was under the impression the Countess liked a certain type of male and that's why...hmmm...

Oh snap this article answered all my questions!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/08/american-horror-story-hotel-ryan-murphy-checking-in

Judas Oyster

I really liked Gaga's acting and role.

But on a more general view I found some moments in the eps kinda bad. For example the killing scene... Those blood effects and how it was shown was almost amateur like... Or the kids running suddenly appearing and disappearing, it wasn't scary and was anticipated and boring. The opening scene showing details of the hotel was good but the music didn't fit. It was a confusing and disorienting episode. The cuttings were at some points bad. It jumped too much between the scenes. It had too many things going on too fast, and too early on as of the first episode IMO. Feels a little rushed and didn't flow well.

So, I guess I agree with the 61/100 rating atm.

I mean, if it weren't for Gaga I wouldn't be sure about watching the next episode :/ But I have to see her again.

J e s s e

I LOVED Iris and Sally, especially Iris's retorts and attitude. And GagaShe did beyond amazing. My favourite line was the "don't let this happen again" in the lobby after cutting the girl's throats CHILLS!:air:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

Harry

I want to forget this scene as soon as possible, I hope no one who encountered abuse in real life has to see it, it really seems to trivialize the terrible topic, just insensititve and all for shock value.

Cos people getting their throat cut at every turn is super cute, right?

It's a HORROR show. It's not meant to be cute. Yes it might be upsetting for people who have endured abuse like that, but horror is all about depicting the lowest of the low and the things that really make us shudder. Either you just don't like watching that - which is 100% acceptable - or you just aren't smart enough to realise the point of it.

• Admin unlocked this topic
  • Admin unfeatured this topic
  • Jase unpinned this topic

Archived